Thread: Hollow Mountain Isn't Wine...

Hollow Mountain Isn't Wine...

http://nakar.freeservers.com/wine.jpg

...but it doesn't look like there's much of Wine left.

Now, I'm not naming names or anything here, but the few remaining machines in the town are Clan machines, and there are a couple Blade (Clan) guards milling about down there, guarding that vault thing between the waterfalls...

Is there some sort of zone inside that vault? Or is it another mission area that happens to have clan guards outside of it? And just what, exactly, happened here? Perhaps we'll never know.
    THEOREM:
    Omni Bureaucrats work for "The Man."
    "The Man" is the >190 Fixer title.
    Ergo, Phillip Ross is a Fixer.
    -QED-

I also don't think Wynder's Rest is Wine either.

It's too far to the South and East of where Wine is supposedly located.

Well what happened to it, then? I remember reading the "lore" of Rubi-Ka... supposedly Wine was a little town out in the Belial Forest that was somehow surviving despite the harshness of the area... some suggested they'd sold their souls to the devil. C'mon, is that great or what?

All I can see out there is a half-constructed clan town in an atoll of sorts and a busted-up town patrolled by the Blades.

Sure would be nice to see... little neutral outpost in Belial. Like 20k, only insane.
    THEOREM:
    -QED-

Question whatever happened to...

that cool "lore" stuff? like the descriptions of the cities and stuff that used to be on the official site WAAAAY back in the day when the game first came out? remember? like it said stuff about the game world...can't find that stuff anywhere anymore. seems like LESS story now to me than before, instead of vice-versa.
    "Woke up this mornin' and...you got yourself a gun."

Sgt. Jeffery "Rhinocerous" Markarian
    Chief, R&D Internal Security
    Division 3 [Omni Reclamation]

Well the description was more along the lines of

Wine Mining Outpost
    For some reason, the monsters and mutants in the area seem to leave this little paradise alone. In the middle of one of the most beautiful regions of Rubi-Ka, Wine is considered the most beautiful, and is often called the oasis of the Territories. No one knows why the wildlife leaves Wine alone, and it is often speculated whether something frightening is seething just below its surface.

Originally posted by Gerinn
    Well what happened to it, then?
    I'm guessing that Wine just isn't in the game yet.

That's what's strange... cities like Jobe and Sparta obviously aren't in the game yet, because the areas they're supposed to be found in aren't there, either. But Wine is supposed to be in the arterty valleys... would seem strange if a whole outpost just appeared.

Anyone know what that covered crater in Belial Bay in DAV is? There was a rock in front of what could have been an entrance but I didn't dare try and fly through it. Pretty easy to find if you follow the road from 20k all the way past the 10-3 ruins and head due east thereafter.
    THEOREM:
    -QED-

Originally posted by Gerinn
    Anyone know what that covered crater in Belial Bay in DAV is?
    If it's the spot I'm thinking of (there aren't that many covered craters), then that is the dungeon where Lord Dragonclaw resides. There should be a small tunnel through the crater wall into the dungeon.

Question

What dugeon, ahemm, here is a list of all (offical)static dugeons in exsistence.
    Omni-mine TLR
    SOM omni-forest
    Cyborg barracks Mort
    Camelot castle Avalon
    Smuggler's den EFP
    If there is new ones that I have not heard of, let me know

What dugeon

That maze sure looked like some kind of dungeon... at least to me. But obviously, this location is its not tied to the main story arc. Some have raided Lord Dragonclaw and got it written up.

Smuggler's den EFP

Isn't Smuggler's Den in SFH?

Hollow Mountain = Wine

I still contend that What is now called hollow mountain is the last remaining renant of Wine.

On the map that came with the game, the word Wine is printed centered directly below the location of hollow mountain. You can see the shape of the hollow mountain on this map.

This name-centered-directly-below-location holds true for other major cities. Check out Omni-1, Athen and Newland; they all hold true.

This original map can still be found in scanned pieces on AO Basher.

Also note that the original hardcopy seemed to confuse the concepts of neutral areas and political zone...Harry Sheldon would be appauled...opps, wrong backstory.
    RoboKa & RoboKaKa
    Solitus Neutral Engineer & Pet