Thread: Petition to get Shopbot bumped to level 51!

Petition to get Shopbot bumped to level 51!

I'm sure all of you have experienced the wonders of the shopbot. He has single-handedly turned the 19th century AO shopping system (you realize that right now we can pick up the phone and have most anything we want delivered to our door but in the 295th century such service is unheard of?) into at least a workable system. The problem is that since he is level 2, he can only monitor the Shopping Channel 1-50.

So bump this if you agree that Funcom should bump him to level 51! If they are worried that someone might actually play him then they can just spend all his IP into swimming and adventuring and thrown object. This is a lightning fast thing that Funcom could do to help update what is an incredibly antiquated shopping system.

Scorus

what would be even better is if Funcom just stopped this stupid restriction of only same zone shopping. It should be the same shopping channels across ALLLLLL zones. Not just the 1-50clan for BS or the 1-50 for Tir/Athens or the 1-50 for mission 128543.

what this person has provided the community it isnt too much to ask for level 50. Ill loan him 2 mill of my exp if needed.

OT Shopping - Armor:
    OT Shopping - Weapons:
    OT Shopping - Services:
    OT Shopping - Misc:

Put that in your pipe and smoke it

Originally posted by Railgunz
    OT Shopping - Armor:
    OT Shopping - Weapons:
    OT Shopping - Services:
    OT Shopping - Misc:

Put that in your pipe and smoke it
    and too plz :

Clan Shopping - Armor:
    Clan Shopping - Weapons:
    Clan Shopping - Services:
    Clan Shopping - Misc:
    soldier Punkbum
    trader Punkbumm

bumpy
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

OT Shopping Furniture
    OT Shopping Tokens

;P

Oh well... drop the tokens. hehe
    ~Lone

Bump.

Hm, how long would it take to play the bot up to level 50? <Grin>

LostBoyJim

Red face Re: Petition to get Shopbot bumped to level 51!

Originally posted by Scorus
    I'm sure all of you have experienced the wonders of the shopbot. He has single-handedly turned the 19th century AO shopping system (you realize that right now we can pick up the phone and have most anything we want delivered to our door but in the 295th century such service is unheard of?) into at least a workable system. The problem is that since he is level 2, he can only monitor the Shopping Channel 1-50.

So bump this if you agree that Funcom should bump him to level 51! If they are worried that someone might actually play him then they can just spend all his IP into swimming and adventuring and thrown object. This is a lightning fast thing that Funcom could do to help update what is an incredibly antiquated shopping system.

Scorus
    /me rolls eyes

whoa, don't tell me that's a livin person .... whoa whoa, how embarassin ....

whoever you are, forgive me for sendin you all those stupid tells ... i just thought i'm talkin to a machine so ...... ,)

/scratch

mmmm maybe i'm just a bit confused ... as usual ... ,)
    tradeskillz ?

Originally posted by NikkiDial
    what would be even better is if Funcom just stopped this stupid restriction of only same zone shopping. It should be the same shopping channels across ALLLLLL zones. Not just the 1-50clan for BS or the 1-50 for Tir/Athens or the 1-50 for mission 128543.
    Not only all zones... but let us have the shopping channel in shops! I despise missing out on shopping when I'm in town and have to go into a shop to sell the boatloads of crud I have just picked up. I'm in a shop... I should have the shopping channels.

if shopbot gets bumped to 51, what about those lookig for ql under 50?

seems like FC could easily implement bots of their own and break them down by categories and shopping channel range.

that they have not made such an easy fix points to their commitment to helping make the game more fun to play for the players. well, maybe they are clueless, but i doubt that they don't know or haven't thought about shopbot.

Re: Re: Petition to get Shopbot bumped to level 51!

Originally posted by Fazun
    whoa, don't tell me that's a livin person .... whoa whoa, how embarassin ....
    Shopbot is a character, just like all characters. Look him up on the AO service. That character monitors the 1-50 shopping channel and compares what it sees to what you have asked it to look for. Because it is only level 2, it cannot monitor the 51-100 channel.

Scorus

Originally posted by Thyrra
    if shopbot gets bumped to 51, what about those lookig for ql under 50?

seems like FC could easily implement bots of their own and break them down by categories and shopping channel range.
    51+ level characters can still monitor and post to the 1-50 channel. This would just double the number of channels that could be monitored by Shopbot.

I wish FC had bots like this (just as I wish they made the mission output like aomd and the shop output like aoshopper), but here is a chance for them to take 5 minutes and upgrade Shopbot to level 51 while they go off and fix bugs and add content.

Scorus

Shopbot is a player run service. Why don't players offer to help him get to 51?

A little powerleveling, and he'd be there in a week.
    Doctor Valen, Omni Medic
    Keeper Mezathras

Originally posted by Valen
    Shopbot is a player run service. Why don't players offer to help him get to 51?

A little powerleveling, and he'd be there in a week.
    Or if any BSI people were still around, he'd be there in 12 minutes... :-|

Since this is a player service, all we need is for FC to DONATE accounts to shopbot.

We could then have:

ClanShopBot
    ClanArmorBot
    ClanNanoBot
    etc.

However, I certainly would be willing to help shobot get to level 51. heck, my clan will armor, buff, and excort you anywhere you want to go until you hit 51. heck we could team you with alts and let you sit somewhere while we cater to your every whim and feed you exp.

I think shopBot is cool because it is a PLAYER SOLUTION to a problem. Think of the many PLAYER SOLUTIONS that are out there:

Net Nanny
    ShopBot
    AOMD
    ShopMD (in build 0.0 on hackerquest now)
    Various character designers
    etc.

These are all solutions that players devised to fix problems in game. While it would be preferrable for FunCom to fix the problem, this may be a case where it is easier to take things into our own hands and devise a solution. The problem is that shobot is to low a level to sample the L 50 chat. The solution is to level him up. Move him to someplace where a guild can team...the team can roll different members on and off while shopbot sits there and sucks exp. Don't forget to cast baton <grin>...

Bleys

Shopbot is getting constantly overloaded, spliting him up into multiple bots is a good idea.