Thread: An animal returns

An animal returns

Like a bush, my leaves rattled when I was a fledgling, growing in the woods, known as the planet of Rubi-Ka. As I grew, the winds still passed through me, those winds of events and time that I was a part of, witnessed, experienced, and aided. As the winds grew fiercer, harsher, plucking my leaves from their proper places, I decided to remain vigilant in my goal to keep my oath alive to the family I swore to protect. When I was unable to do so, I realized that my time was well spent. In the eyes of others my efforts were failures, what they don't know is that for me, they were successes.

It was time for me to hibernate, and I did, bearing my leaves, I hid myself, in deep meditation, in what they call the shadowlands, becoming one with my true inner self, one with the animal within. For a year I hid from everyone, only to let a few use my visage and name when needed. I let them gather my memories, my thoughts through my last resting place in the insurance coffers. It is amazing what a good hacker is able to pull up from the residual memories still laid in those digital libraries of who you are. It is even more remarkable what a good agent can do with them. They did well; Nexeus did a good job in orchestrating their activities. I remained asleep.

Now, like a great oak tree I stand on the hill where many other trees stood, oh so bold and proud. Now they have gone, a few remain, sturdy, grown, and changed due to the climate that Rubi-Ka has allowed them. Things have changed, certain rules, formalities, shifts in power are all different when I took my rest. The unspoken rules of being a proud clan member are different then I last remember them, but the passion of being a Clan member, and their rewards are still the same. My name is probably not spoken much on the lips of most clan members, on the lips of those whom hold influence. Personally I like it that way, the saber tooth in the night watching its prey.

"Good afternoon Zane Tharkael Conmy." The digital voice of my apartment echoed through the embedded apartment speakers after sliding my key into its appropriate slot. A sigh of relief came upon me. The only thought passing through my mind is that my home still remembers my name. What's next is to polish my weapons and see if I can still fight.
    Nexeus Fatale
    Former GSP DJ
    website

Zane "Tharkael" Conmy

- "The secret to "the list" is that once you are on it, you automatically become Timelapse's and Regulas' chew toy."

eyes open wide and she squeals with excitement
    Zane!!!
    meta "msice" gaviglia
    Loving President of the ~Society of Salvation~
    www.societyofsalvation.net