Thread: Special Loot in Missions

Special Loot in Missions

Ok, it seems like to me, the only special loot that you can find in missions are vehicles, such as the Yalmaha. I have in my entire time on AO, having done over 500 missions, only found 2 Yalmahas (QL 156 and QL 157). Now what I mean by "special" means that you cannot get these as mission rewards or as the "Pick up item."

Funcom, can you guys put some other stuff in there - like the Aura Magnifier or Padded Overcoat. It's not going to unbalance the game. Just make it as rare as getting a Yalmaha. It'll be better than two dozen people camping a static dungeon for a boss mob that spawns every 24 hours.

Just think about it, or pass it up the latter. Hey Gaute, you reading this? You think this would be a problem, buddy?

You forgot bracers / rings, I havent found those recently but they used to be in chests and I never seen any other source.

Maybe they are back with 13.92 tho.

I don't think they should get the unique items as aura magnifier, expensive vest, shades, overcoat as chest loot.

Why would anyone kill a unique mob then?

My guild probably get atleast 1 vehicle/ day, so we would get alot of them and I think it will lose the whole point in them then.

One guildie found a 4% IQ ring in chest today, so those are back now.
    Last edited by Azzazzimon; Mar 21st, 2002 at 01:06:40.
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

I say AO should have random items....

Like Diablo II. But thats just me.
    I miss LadyE.

Originally posted by FileNotFound
    I say AO should have random items....

Like Diablo II. But thats just me.
    /sarcasm on
    Now, that would have destroy all the fun of camping, wouldn't it? Those uber storm member would have nothing to camp. How do you expect them to continue playing this game if they can't camp at all?

Leumas... I just got to tell you you rock

"Those uber storm member would have nothing to camp. How do you expect them to continue playing this game if they can't camp at all?"

There is a sad truth behind your words. If anything in the game could be accomplished with a small group of friends there would be no reason to do all the work required to get as many as 20 people cooperating to perform a task. (Not that anything in AO requires that many people atm, but we let any guild member who wants to participate on a raid come help.) This gives us something to do that adds another dimension to the game we play. The loot itself is fairly inconsequential, the best items might add maybe a level or two worth of abilities for a char. You'd get the same abilities faster by hitting the levelling treadmil, but doing raids is more fun.

Wolfe (better known as Mekk, president of Storm)

I expected flame but got compliment instead. Now I know why you can be the leader of Ao biggest guild. I must say you have the right attitude. I have nothing against your guild but rather against the current dungeon mechanism. This is off-topic.

I all for putting unique item in mission loot, but make it far rare and totally random. Make it so that it's much easy to killed the name mob for the loot.