Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hang in there FunCom

Gamer's rights my keister...there's been 1 out of how many players here in favor of Funcom? We know our rights and our priveleges, and I'd say 90% of us are happy with them.

And BTW, Blacksnow, you don't have any "rights" to this game or any other. You pay your fee, and you get what Funcom and Mythic give you, nothing more, nothing less. The game companies aren't obliged to give you anything more than the average player just because you can make a lot of cash by ripping people off. No one is backing you in this endeavor except for the losers who have paid for your services. I hope they all remain the incredibly gimped players they are destined to be and they never get a group or guild.
    Grevik - Did you put your cover sheets on your TPS reports?
    Constantinos - Vampire of the Redeemed
    Yoshitaka - Martial Artist, Martial Poet, Martial Writer....
    Kadmon - Selling Mother-In-Laws on the Slave Market since 29478
    Sandolphon - Couldn't "fix" macaroni and cheese, but he sure runs fast!

Be interesting to see how this pans out, i've been against ebay sales since i first learnt about it on UO.

Thing is wont branding players mean they'll just form guilds etc(theres goign to be a few of these players). I beta tested Daoc, (it wasnt for me) it would be possible with even just one or two friends to play with no outside contact.

Some people wear this sort of thing like a badge, i also think it wouldnt work in AO(weve got a lot of exploiters and power levelers).

On the other hand people bought characters on AC, youd see high lvl corpses in mid level hunting areas cause the characters took skill to play . Skill the new owner didnt have.

Curious how swiss law differs from US law.
    Last edited by LeverArch; Mar 20th, 2002 at 13:11:37.

Originally posted by LeverArch
    Curious how swiss law differs from US law.
    I just wanna add...hurray for the Swiss. I wish the US had similar laws. File a frivilous lawsuit with the hope of a company settling to avoid fees. Oh, too bad, you lose you pay our costs. A law like this might tidy up the US court system a bit.

Could you clarify the difference?

Under swiss law the looser doesnt pay fees?

Post actually...

it is quite common in the U.S. for losers of court cases to pay the legal fees of the winner. however, companies settle out of court because:

1) they hope to aviod any negative publicity whatsoever (in the USA image is everything)

2) in civil cases all that is needed to win is a simple majority of the evidence, not "beyond a shadow of a doubt" as in criminal cases. all a plaintiff has to do is get 7 of 12 jurors to see things their way, for example. this means that, due to the idiots that usually get selected for jury duty, a company cannot be absolutely sure that they won't lose in court and be ordered to pay whatever the plaintiff is asking. the jury selection process normally precludes anyone with any education or common sense from sitting on a trial jury, so they don't want to risk it.

there are certainly other reasons, but these are the biggest reason why companies pay off lawsuits here.
    "Woke up this mornin' and...you got yourself a gun."

Sgt. Jeffery "Rhinocerous" Markarian
    Chief, R&D Internal Security
    Division 3 [Omni Reclamation]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12