Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Council of Truth Press release - May 28th 29479

Funny how much prettier "I, me, my, mine" sound compared to "us, we, our" when you think about it, huh? Try keeping it that way.

Is that all you've got to say? You sounded a lot more high and mighty before. Your not even answering the questions I asked you.

Funny how things sound much better when your not twisting what I'm saying and reading too deeply in. Try keeping it that way.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

Quote Originally Posted by Yarko
    So how can we make a distinction between an enemy neutral or a friendly neutral? Legaron, how do we Neutrals see the difference between an enemy Clanner and a friendly Clanner? Quiet simple, we don’t… Yet, did that keep us from welcoming the Clans into Newland City or any other city for that matter?

Rubi-Ka is not a good place for the fearful. Look at what happened to Philip Ross. Are the Sentinels better protectors and defenders than the Unicorns? I somehow doubt that. Furthermore, if Tempus Coma manages to infiltrate the Tower of Truth, it doesn’t seem to make much difference whether The Sentinels are around or not… Besides, did any neutral ever attack the Council when Henry Radiman was in the lead? If we let su****ion and distrust be our guides, we might as well close all our borders and shoot everyone on sight.

I know that Tir is no longer the vibrant city it used to be. I wonder what the reason is… Maybe Clanners no longer feel at home in their own capital? Anyway, that is of no importance, it’s the principle that counts. The principle and the fact that on a daily base young and inexperienced Neutrals get killed in Tir.

Mrs. Godfray, as a fellow Meta-Physician, let me give you some advice: try to control your anger or one day you might find your demons turn themselves against you... Ben is a well respected Clanner who has seen a lot of water pass the Stret. He at least thinks before he shoots…
    1.) Hey I'm not saying neutrals aren't welcome, I'm just saying that I can "understand" why commander Silverstone takes precaution.

2.) Henry Radiman was never in lead. He was just the spokesperson for the Clans. And with all due respects to the good man, Tirs water channels were poisioned in his time and he came to a point were he had to flee Tir. I don't see that happening with commander Silverstone and so far haven't found a different person better suited for the job. I as a clanner wouldnt want history to repeat itself as soon as theres someone being wanted in the CoT and see the spokesperson disapearing.

3.) We shouldn't close our borders, we should however take caution. Do not forget that Omni-Tek and the Clans are still at war, there is no peace-treaty or agreement between the Clans and Omni-Tek. And even if borders were to be closed it would be for the safety of our people, for the Clans. And its none of our business wether Omni-Tek or even the neutrals like it or not, its for the safety of Clanners and we would do such a thing just as you would. Again, we dont have a war with the neutral population but if a part of the neutral population forms a treath to the Clans then we will take precautions and this does not mean that we hate all neutrals or that we don't trust all the neutrals.

4.) The population inside Athens is still the same, maybe a bit higher. The reason for Tir not being as vibrant as it used to be is because the accomidations in Tir are lower than Athens at the moment because of the service in goods that the Vanguards are providing in Old Athens. Also there is the fact that Athens provides a whom-pah to several cities, a whom-pah to Jobe and a grid inside the city, wich is not the case with Tir. The shops are closer to eachother and easier for the newer population to find than is the case with Tir. This has nothing to do with the Sentinels.

5.) You come to Tir a lot? You see a lot of neutrals walking into Tir lately? Well my appartement is in Tir, right by the whompas and I havent seen any neutrals since ages. Maybe like ten in one month from wich eight of those are perfectly aware of the Sentinels and are perfectly equiped to withstand the Sentinels. Maybe it would be a good thing to communicate with the younger Neutrals and tell them of the danger of being shot when entering Tir, this shouldnt be too hard of a task.

6.) Miss Godfray is perfectly able to control her anger, and she knows exactly when to unleash it aswell. However I wonder if you have had some experience with demons turning against you, since you mention this...
    My title Keeper. My mind on my grind. Assembly's my heart. They shine when I shine.

Kyarash "Legaron" Davoudi
    Keeper of Assembly

"Seen through human experience there are as many worlds as there are humans. Understanding that the word "human" defines a point in eternity and not a seperate reality is the begining of knowing"

January 13 29467 A relatively anonymous clan activist, Henry Radiman, takes on the responsibility of leading the Council of Truth during these tough times. Better have a look at your history books again.

You’re not at war with the Neutrals, you’re not saying they’re not welcome, you don’t hate them, you don’t distrust them… Yet, you let them be killed? Hmm, somewhere there must be some logic in that…

Legaron, you just don’t see the point, do you? Let me try to explain it in plain, simple trox language:

The Silverstone logic:
    Neutrals are not Clan => not Clan = Omni => Omni = bad => Neutral = bad => kill all Neutrals!

If I translate that to the Neutral situation I’d get:
    Sentinels kill Neutrals => The Sentinels = bad => The Sentinels = Clan => Clan = bad => kill all Clan!

See where that would get us? Now you tell me what you prefer: we all kill each other on sight or we try to live in friendship?

Again, the choice is the Councils. All I ask is for the Council to discuss this in a nice, civilized, democratic way. I’m sure the Council can do that, and if the Council would wish so I’d be glad to come and explain my point of view (if that wouldn’t cause Silverstone a hart failure that is).

By the way, you’re right about one thing: experienced Neutrals have very little problems with the Sentinels. As a matter of fact, the Sentinels run away when a gun is pointed in their direction… Maybe you shouldn’t feel all that safe, even with them around…

And no, I have my mind perfectly under control, so my demons do whatever I want. I just wonder sometimes if Silverstones ilness isn't contageous, some members of his fanclub show all the symptoms...
    Marcos "Yarko" Orender
    co-Minister of Foreign Affairs, Newland City Council
    Advisor of The Independent Rubikans

Rubi-Ka's neutral news source: The Independent Rubikan http://www.ir-news.org/

January 13 29467 A relatively anonymous clan activist, Henry Radiman, takes on the responsibility of leading the Council of Truth during these tough times. Better have a look at your history books again.

You’re not at war with the Neutrals, you’re not saying they’re not welcome, you don’t hate them, you don’t distrust them… Yet, you let them be killed? Hmm, somewhere there must be some logic in that…

Legaron, you just don’t see the point, do you? Let me try to explain it in plain, simple trox language:

The Silverstone logic:
    Neutrals are not Clan => not Clan = Omni => Omni = bad => Neutral = bad => kill all Neutrals!

If I translate that to the Neutral situation I’d get:
    Sentinels kill Neutrals => The Sentinels = bad => The Sentinels = Clan => Clan = bad => kill all Clan!

See where that would get us? Now you tell me what you prefer: we all kill each other on sight or we try to live in friendship?

Again, the choice is the Councils. All I ask is for the Council to discuss this in a nice, civilized, democratic way. I’m sure the Council can do that, and if the Council would wish so I’d be glad to come and explain my point of view (if that wouldn’t cause Silverstone a hart failure that is).

By the way, you’re right about one thing: experienced Neutrals have very little problems with the Sentinels. As a matter of fact, the Sentinels run away when a gun is pointed in their direction… Maybe you shouldn’t feel all that safe, even with them around…

And no, I have my mind perfectly under control, so my demons do whatever I want. I just wonder sometimes if Silverstones ilness isn't contageous, some members of his fanclub show all the symptoms...
    Quote Originally Posted by Legaron
    However I do strongly disagree with the fact that Neutrals are "fencesitters" as they like to call them. I don't care if anyone doesnt feel the same way I do about the coorporation or this war
    I explained earlier that I do not see it the way that commander Silverstone does. I also explained earlier that I think neutrals should be alowed into Tir.
    The neutrals are one group of people that choose no side in the war, the Clans are multiple groups of people that each are at war with Omni-Tek (from wich some I think should actually become neutral because they want no side in the war, but thats a complete different discussion by itself)
    The Sentinels have never invaded a neutral city, they have never attacked a neutral city and all they have done is tried to protect the city of Tir.
    They do not alow neutrals into the city and you see that as an attack to neutrals while it is a defensive matter.

The neutrals are none of my bussiness, because....hey...they are neutrals! I think I've said this before aswell. When the time comes that I feel the neutrals have taken the neutral role and don't choose a side over the other I will be there inside Truth Tower complaining about the situation in Tir myself. But until that day comes I really don't care if people whine about not being alowed into a Clan city.
    It seems you are complaining about something that is none of your bussiness.
    And please do explain to me that you not being alowed into a Clan city is your bussiness for I would love to know what you find you have a right to when it comes to entering Tir.
    My title Keeper. My mind on my grind. Assembly's my heart. They shine when I shine.

Keeper of Assembly

"Seen through human experience there are as many worlds as there are humans. Understanding that the word "human" defines a point in eternity and not a seperate reality is the begining of knowing"

Legaron,

It is a matter of custom and fairness. For as long as any here recalls, Clans have been welcome in Neutral towns and Neutrals have been welcome in Clan towns. Before the Sentinels siezed Tir, no one was asking for Neutrals to be banned from Tir. It was not an issue, it did put Tir in any danger, Clans had pro-neutral policies. Even now many clanners, yourself included, on the record saying you have nothing against the Neutrals.

And yet, you will go along with this ban just to please big man Silverstone, just to feel the warm glow of his protection.

How weak, how cowardly is that?

Let's try an analogy. Claire and Nancy were long term friend. Every Tuesday, Claire would go over to Nancy's house for dinner and every Thursday Nancy would go over to Claire's house for dinner.

Then one day Claire meets Simon. She turns to Nancy and say "By the way, you can't come over to my house anymore."

Nancy asks "Why? What have I done?"

"Nothing." replies Claire, "It's just like Simon does not like you. But we can still meet at your place, right?"

Pretty pathetic, no?

Savoy
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

*chuckles slightly...reads and chuckles some more*

To me, anyone that asks for my help in defending a city does not provide any kind of warm glow of protection or whatever it is you think he does. Ooh I'm so weak for understanding why someone would do something. I do however also understand why the neutrals do not like this action and I did not like the action myself when I heared about it. But however I did somehow understand that such an action might slightly be a good one. Not the way Simon Silverstone thinks, but the way I think about it.
    The conversation is with the neutrals...not with you oh friendly OT...

Keeper of Assembly

I think it's worth mentioning something that Silverstone said earlier. Something along the lines of "I guess not all neutrals are so bad". Maybe people should take into consideration that at the time the Sentinels came to retake Tir for the Clans, there was a lot of neutral opposition to the idea. They wanted Tir to be a neutral city protected by the ICC, as it had been in the past.

Tir is a Clan city and it always will be. The Sentinels for the most part fought off the neutrals who didn't want it to be. Keep in mind that in this world, things change rapidly, and this is something that's been going on for a while now. If Silverstone can take a moment to acknowledge that not all neutrals are bad, then maybe there is another change coming for Tir.
    "Yay, full team of 6."
    "With Jaszt's ego, it's more like 8."
    "Hey now, that's not fair... it's more like 18."

[16:28] <Escritores> Jaszt for president

Quote Originally Posted by Jaszt
    I think it's worth mentioning something that Silverstone said earlier. Something along the lines of "I guess not all neutrals are so bad". Maybe people should take into consideration that at the time the Sentinels came to retake Tir for the Clans, there was a lot of neutral opposition to the idea. They wanted Tir to be a neutral city protected by the ICC, as it had been in the past.

Tir is a Clan city and it always will be. The Sentinels for the most part fought off the neutrals who didn't want it to be. Keep in mind that in this world, things change rapidly, and this is something that's been going on for a while now. If Silverstone can take a moment to acknowledge that not all neutrals are bad, then maybe there is another change coming for Tir.
    Tir was a Clan city protected by the Clans before the Council fled. Then it was a Clan city protected by Neutrals. Now its a Clan city protected by the Clans with stipulations.

Hmm, Jaszt en Ben, you’re right about the fact that there was (and still is) a lot of opposition from Neutrals to The Sentinels, for all the reasons I mentioned before. However, Tir never was a Neutral city, not even when the ICC guarded it!

The ICC are not Neutrals, there’s absolutely no connection between Neutrals and the ICC. The ICC are a confederation of corporations, such as Sol Banking, OT etc. and have a peacekeeping force with representatives stationed on all large corporate-run colonies. As such, they keep a “neutral” attitude towards the Clan/OT conflict, but again: nothing to do with the Neutrals of RK. Newland isn’t guarded by the ICC but by Neutral guards. Borealis is guarded by ICC peacekeepers, but I’d rather see them replaced by Neutral guards too (no, not by The Sentinels, thank you).

The ICC came to Tir, if I remember well, after OT annulled the Tir accord and the Council stepped down, out of fear of escalation. Silverstone kicked them out of Tir because they didn’t do anything about OT employees roaming Tir.

Believe me, we Neutrals have no intention to enlarge our territory, we’re pretty happy with what we have. I for one will never forget that it was the Council who granted Newland City a Neutral status. Those apparently where different times…

I doubt that there’s any Neutral who denies the Clans their properties and the right to defend them. Just make sure you defend them against the right enemy…
    Marcos "Yarko" Orender

You are right there Yarko. Tir was not protected by the neutrals, it was protected by the ICC wich however is not a confederation that tries to keep the coorporations in line so they don't break any ICC laws, its not a corporation itself like OT or Sol Banking. However Jaszt is also right when saying that there was a lot of neutral opposition towards the sentinels when they took over Tir. I don't know if it was but it might have played a part in Simon Silverstones desicion to ban neutrals from Tir.

Keeper of Assembly

The Sentinels started to kill Neutrals in Tir right from the start Legaron, so the descision was made before they took control. That is also what caused the opposition.

If the Sentinels would have left Neutrals alone, there would have been no reason for any opposition. As I said, it doesn't make any difference who defends Tir, it's the way they do it that makes the difference.
    Marcos "Yarko" Orender

As I said, it doesn't make any difference who defends Tir, it's the way they do it that makes the difference.
    Fixerben nods.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12