Thread: Dust brigade attacks Old Athen

Dust brigade attacks Old Athen

Here is a copy of the report I transmited to the Council of Truth (http://www.counciloftruth.org) about the last attack of the Dust Brigade, targeting Old Arhen. I think those events are relevant for most of us, not just for us the Clans.

------------------------------------------------------

I'm posting here for the Council a short report about the last saturday's events.

I was contacted by Mivat from the Mockers that the Dust Brigade had been spotted around Holes in the wall, and that a militia was gathering to eradicate them. I joined them by the Bronto burger, and I was quite surprised (to say the less) to find Kavlov, an officer from the Omni AF, taking the lead of the operations. Omni AF isolates a DB camp and they just... call for a militia ? Where were the troopers, the tanks and the aircrafts ? I though the Dust Brigade was a top notch security matter, specially two weeks after Ross being shot. Complicity or inner stupidity... I'm an optimist, I'd rather go for the second option.

Anyway we were there and we still had no idea of the numbers of Dusters and their location. More or less three teams, clans, neutrals and omnis mixed. 16 or 18 people isn't enough but time was against us and the motivations of our ennemies unclear.

We spot them not far away, going unoticed thanks to the dusk. They are still in their camp, still preparing.
    http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y93...ade/dbbybb.jpg

But they are 15 ! Even calling targets, their firepower is just insane. Its a wipe. The OTAF Kavlov was killed and won't show himself again, how brave. Unlike us who saved by the bronto burgers. We come up with the only strategy possible : keep harassing them. Thats what we do for the next quarter, trying to isolate some, untill they are forced to move out.

They make a run out. We keep tracking them and they regroup at the frontier between Holes and Athen Shire. Their plan seems clear, hitting Old Athen by the west gate.
    http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y93...bnortholes.jpg

At this point there are just few of us. Mivat, myself, Svigga, Elinor, Typhett and Tayrienne (last four are omnis) and a couple of others. The commando rushs thru the woods, and gets us lost. Still we manage to isolate what seems to be an applicant Duster. We'r going to track him 'till West Athen where we kill him.
    http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y93...de/dboncie.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y93...e/dboncie2.jpg

How can we explain he was dressed in Omni forest armor ? Must we expect connections between them and some groups inside the Omni Tek Armed Forces ? In my opinion it just means more that the Dust Brigade has access to the Omni or neutral market, anyhow. Finding who are their relays would be the first thing to inquire, imo.

Meantime, Mivat has managed to spot the 14 left. And they're rushing to West Athen. All we can do is warning the fr00bies and try to slow them down by the main road. Here I must thanks the Omni employees who stayed with us to fight them, when the city guards and later the Vangards were shooting at them. Elinor and Svigga, kudos.

The Dust Brigade overwhelms us once again as predicted and they finally enter Old Athen.
    Here is a dark shot, but you have more details about their name and equipment.
    http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y93...batthegate.jpg

In Old Athen, we managed to warn our allies and friends who are preparing the populations. The Dust Brigade gets splited by the resistance and several of them get down. The fight gets to its higher point by the whompas. At a time, the Dusters ran away by Tir and ICC and we are onvinced that they would disband. But soon later, eight survivors came back
    http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y93...ade/dbinoa.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y93...de/dbinoa2.jpg

Bloody street fights went for almost an hour. No need to say that the Dusters have an amazing gear. But till the last they fell, vocifering their known "Dust to dust, ashes to ashes".

Here are the events as I've seen them. I'm at the disposal of the Council for more informations concerning my report.

Regards
    Last edited by Enrima; May 23rd, 2005 at 19:38:13.
    Emilia Enrima Orender, fixer of First Light
    "Whole idea on fixer is being fast, hard to hit. hard to catch and sleazy person in every way. If rooting gives you edge, do it. If u need to chain root, do it. In pvp u use every tool given to you. You are not a knight in shining armor, you are a gangster and thief. You sure dont have to play fair." Snowlion

For months I've tried to gather and info possible on these terrorists, and now they've struck at the Clans with a force greater than any before. Sweeping away my Clan brethren like dust on the floor as the tore their way through Old Athen. Maybe now we will finally have some action against them. Maybe now it will end.

Thank you for the wonderful report Enrima.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

That's a great report, Miss Orender. Thank you for sharing it. The more that's known about these people, the better.

Will there be some type of retaiation against them? Do we know know where they are out of? My 110 MA would love to join in on this. What time yesterday did this all go down?

It is good to see Clan, Omni and Neutral join forces against this menace. Congratulations to the brave citizens who overcame them.

I regret not having been there to help. Next time, I hope to be able to fight along you.
    Marcos "Yarko" Orender
    co-Minister of Foreign Affairs, Newland City Council
    Advisor of The Independent Rubikans

Rubi-Ka's neutral news source: The Independent Rubikan http://www.ir-news.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Enrima
    How can we explain he was dressed in Omni forest armor ? Must we expect connections between them and some groups inside the Omni Tek Armed Forces ?

Before we take this into consideration please notice their weapons. These assault rifles can only be used by those who put their faith in the redeemed.
    Last edited by Dack; May 24th, 2005 at 19:54:00.

Quote Originally Posted by Enrima
    I was quite surprised (to say the less) to find Kavlov, an officer from the Omni AF, taking the lead of the operations. Omni AF isolates a DB camp and they just... call for a militia ? Where were the troopers, the tanks and the aircrafts ? I though the Dust Brigade was a top notch security matter, specially two weeks after Ross being shot. Complicity or inner stupidity... I'm an optimist, I'd rather go for the second option.
    Those resources you asked about are reserved for medium to high priority matters, not defending Clan cities - especially ones that formally belonged to Omni-Tek. Consider yourselves lucky you received the help you did.

You're welcome.
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Quote Originally Posted by Nevver
    Those resources you asked about are reserved for medium to high priority matters, not defending Clan cities - especially ones that formally belonged to Omni-Tek. Consider yourselves lucky you received the help you did.

You're welcome.
    Ahh so good to show how self centered some Omni are, we are however grateful to those members who did care to assist thier fellow humans take on a threat to both OT, Clan and Nuet personell. But then i wouldn't expect you to quiet understand the concept of co-operation Nevver. I imagine you must be rather upset that Clans have to assist your vaunted forces in controlling the Alien threat on this planet.

Enrima, thank you for your report, the Dusters came thhrough west Athens and most Fr00bies and inexperianced personal lept for cover. i was rather disconcerted to hear however several people asking who the Dusters were! Information about this threat i hope is being passed between the council and a reliable Omni department, although after thier recent activities i can only hope that department is not Omni-Pol.
    Explorer 93%Socializer 60%Achiever 40%Killer 6%

Quote Originally Posted by elrian_et
    Ahh so good to show how self centered some Omni are, we are however grateful to those members who did care to assist thier fellow humans take on a threat to both OT, Clan and Nuet personell. But then i wouldn't expect you to quiet understand the concept of co-operation Nevver. I imagine you must be rather upset that Clans have to assist your vaunted forces in controlling the Alien threat on this planet.
    Self centered? You take Omni-Tek's city and then want Omni-Tek to help you defend it? What's next? You'll call Omni-Tek self centered if it won't fund this clean up of the city I've been hearing about? You Clanners have some huge ones!
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Self centered?
    Yes, Corporations by basic principle are self-centered.

You Clanners have some huge ones!
    I cant speak for everyone, but...Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Fixerben
    I cant speak for everyone, but...Yes.
    *falls to the floor laughing*

Oh Ben that was classic...

I owe you a beer

~Ironox
    ~ Roger "Shadowset" Garanti (Member Clan Assembly)
    ~ Andrew "Boomtastic" Domtar (Member Clan Assembly)
    ~ Ta "Bloudless" Butcher (Member of the NLF)
    ~ Caviler "Cynotor" (Member of the NLF)
    ~ Chef "Ironox" (Member of the NLF)

Public files on Shadowset
    Ironox and Cooking with Iron!

Fixerben winks.