Thread: The Honeymoon Period

The Honeymoon Period

No - not that wonderful period of time in which you play AO as a n00b before all the forum rants, bugs and blance issues make you bitter and twisted. I'm talking about the profession honeymoons.

Every profession has a level range in which that profession does well against mobs, stacks up well in PvP, and generally is great to play. Sometimes there are two periods, or more - you know what I mean. Eventually, you'll reach a level where its soo dam hard to progress that it begins to feel a little like work..

I've just started an atrox MA because my NT has reached 80, and its getting less and less fun to level / get better gear / upgrade imps / buy new nukes / kill anything at all. Part of this is my gimpdom from bad IP choices, and part of this is the difficulty curve of the game. Basically, there are level ranges where you are above the difficulty curve, and level ranges where you're below.

What I'd like to know is where these are for each profession. Be it to compare, or just find out if you're round the corner from your professions "sweet spot", or sadly nearing its end - please post your opinions here.

My Atrox MA has leveled to 35 is amazing time. Doing 70-80% missions throughout, I'm getting 4-5 lelves a day (7 today). The thing is - its getting slower now, just a little, but I'm noticing the drop-off. There was a time that the red mobs in 80% missions posed little threat one by one - now I need all of my abilities to survive - I have no doubt that in 5 levels I'll have to drop the mission difficulty.

I've not twinked him with anything other than cash and all equipment is currently well within self-buff and proposed 14.2 overequip ranges, so I'm not uber equipped.

The ideal circumstances are a new alt rcreated by a player with a high level main - 100+, who hasnt twinked more than the basics (starter imps, armor, wpns and cash). This isbecause IP decisions are much easier to make the second time round - theres no "I'll raise adventurering to see what it does" IP loss.

So - enf good at 50-100?, doctors healing best at 75?, engis getting uber at 40?.

Whos best when people?
    Please allow me to introduce you to the voices:

The voices, the voices! Stop the voices!

The voices are played by, in order of appearance:

Gragoneye - loveable, hugable, with a fondness for violence!
    Servivious - bitter, twisted and a little unhinged..
    Blindhealer - just a little bit out of her depth!

Proud to be First Order!!

Great post
    I would like to know what ppl think about this also.

Shamless

Shameless self-bump.

I want answers!!
    Please allow me to introduce you to the voices:

The voices, the voices! Stop the voices!

The voices are played by, in order of appearance:

Gragoneye - loveable, hugable, with a fondness for violence!
    Servivious - bitter, twisted and a little unhinged..
    Blindhealer - just a little bit out of her depth!

Proud to be First Order!!

Unhappy

A good post indeed!

Well, my agent is now lvl 70 and the honeymoon period for him....um....errr...well....<cough>....yeah thats about it...

Well I figure he'll be lvl 80 or so when 14.2 comes out, so I reckon it will start then...

Part of that is, at lower levels, a "red" mob may be only 4 or so levels above your current level. Later on, "red" may be closer to 20 levels above your level, with the comparable increase in power that entails.
    Testlive addict.

Re: The Honeymoon Period

Originally posted by Servivious
    My Atrox MA has leveled to 35 is amazing time. Doing 70-80% missions throughout, I'm getting 4-5 lelves a day (7 today). The thing is - its getting slower now, just a little, but I'm noticing the drop-off. There was a time that the red mobs in 80% missions posed little threat one by one - now I need all of my abilities to survive - I have no doubt that in 5 levels I'll have to drop the mission difficulty.
    After sticking with an NT up to 80... any other class feels amazing.
    I switched to MA myself, and I can't believe how fast I've advanced. NTs are uber-gimps compared to MAs. I've almost outleveled my NT, in 1/4th of the time.

-D
    ===============
    First Order S.S.S.C.
    ===============

MPs have their bad hair day in the late 40s and early 80s to L100 because of the skill caps. Nothing else really stops them.
    -War is not about who is right, it is about who is left.

- L92 MP
    - L7 Enf