Thread: I still don't like PvP

Unhappy I still don't like PvP

Let me start off by saying I used to be a UO player. On top of that, I left UO because of PvP (I know there's trammel, but I was established in Fel). The fact that I would go out hunting, have a great time, then when I was just getting ready to leave the dungeon, a red would rush in, kill me, loot me, and ruin my night of game play.

As a newbie, AO was great, no PvP in site, I was happy. Then I got into my 40+ levels. Got a mission in Meet. So I grid there, walk towards my mission, then hit a 25% supression field. I hesitated, then rushed in and hopped in my mission. Did the mission, had fun, came out of the mission and got killed by a orange-red Atrox with a beam. Lost all my XP, ruined my night.

Here that? RUINED. All my XP I had worked for, gone. Memories of UO came flashing back.

Now, FC has decided that all your items since your last save will be lootable. Lovely. Now if this rule had been in use at the time I was PKd, I would have been even more annoyed.

I understand that there is balancing taking place, so getting wrecked by a high level char won't happen, and twinking is getting brough under control. But more has to be done.

I want to be able to explore all of Rubi-Ka without having to worry about getting PKd. If people really wanna PvP, let them jump in an arena.

Why not put something like a colessium (sp?), or some large arena out in the wilderness, so both Omni and Clans can go in and fight without having to get into a town.

If PvP is just going to continue to get more and more out there so that people eventually have to deal with it in some negative way (like going way out of your way to avoid a PvP zone) I'll just head back to UO. Sure it's not as flashy, but it's still 'attack this' 'get loot' 'money' 'trade skills' etc etc.

So in summary, please create a solution so that if a player has no interest in PvP, that they NEVER have to deal with it or any complications caused by it.

Hate to break it to you, but this is a world at war. If there was no risk and no misbehaving citizens, there would be no conflict.

If you want no risk and no conflict, why play a rebel against a powerful militaristic corporation ?

Just a question

That being said, I dont like PvP much either, so I just stay away from the PvP spots...unless there is actual PvP going on and not duels/twink contests

Meetmedere is a well known spot for PvP griefers to sit all day waiting for a risk free kill ( must be incredibly boring ), so you are better off staying away from there...and 2Ho.

And there are both arenas and whole zones where people can PvP all they want, but they rarely go there as the population density in those zones is close to zero.
    Seid. Clan Nano Technician, Atlantean
    Proud member of Opposing Force ( Website )
    Seid's Hideout : Home of the Friends List Tool
    I would like to see a mail system in AO, for letters, money and goods, and with mail order !

Well yeah

I'm all for the PvP that occurs in big wars between OT and Clans, but what I dislike is getting clocked by a twinked atrox enforcer with a beam way beyond his level.

But you're right, guess I'll just have to avoid the trouble spots.

You dont have to do missions in PvP areas and if you must go there, put all your unsaved stuff in a container so you dont loose it.
    Lona
    Techno-Mage

i learned from my mistakes to believe that theres no OMNI in a zone like Mort and far North. Been flying low with my yalm to get the race feeling when the ground speeds under your plane.

then the race was over when i got rooted and killed in 5 seconds. got back to reality that theres a war going on and i am claner.

that happend 3 times now and i am the one whos fault it is not the omnis

but i must say i dont want to PvP and i agree that there should be some possibility to turn it off. Funcom will wonder how few players are left who do PvP really.

5% max..

just my 2cp