Thread: Nano Resist issues

Question Nano Resist issues

Ok, I am a low level agent right now (30), doing mostly missions and such. The thing I want to find out is why in the heck do my nano prgs get resisted 75% of the time by mobs, while I rarely resist the ones cast on me? I have jacked up my nano resist to max and added implants to jack it up even higher. Yet I seldom resist the prgs cast on me. Yet I go up to a white/gray mob and it resists 3 out of 4 times? It really is getting me upset that I go up against a trader or a NT in a mission and they own me, yeah they are yellow/green but still I get nailed with nukes and it wasn't so bad before the 13.8 patch, at least it took em a few seconds between casts, but now they nuke nuke nuke. I had one NT I think cast Phoenix, some poison nuke, phoenix, some melee nuke and then kill me with a 300hp+ nuke, all in 10 secs. I didn't resist a one. And then you got the traders that hit you with ravage skills and health funnel and greed all in about 5 secs. Yet I go to cast and I get resist, resist, fumble, resist. What gives?

And ideas or suggestions? or am I just pretty much screwed? and need to go do the missions where 1 out of 4 mobs give xp?

Well it seems that if I go melee on casters that at least some of the time I can interrupt them. Why this doesn't work when you shoot them is beyond me. Although I would think it should. I am still a bit peeved about the max nano resist not stopping stuff, but I also now have a question as to nano shield. I forgot to mention that I have one of these, no biggie, deflect 2 nano damage and prevent some, yet I don't ever see nano damage going back to mobs? Is this a reflection shield that doesn't work? Or is it because nano's damage does not exist? by the time it hits you, it is chem or fire or cold? I guess what I am asking is this thing on my wrist that says reflect 2 nano damage and AC 2 nano worthless and I should just sell it off for the cash?

Dunno if it helps, but

evades and resist don't work at the moment.
    Cozmik says they do, players say they don't.

Example: my wife plays a 154 MA, maxed all evades with QL200 implants and +120 evades buff, which means over 1000 for her.
    I play a trader, and debuff mobs attack rating by 200 most fights.

She never evades.

If your defense skill = the opponent's attack skill, you have 25% chance to evade, that's the rule.
    I guess it's the same for nano resist.
    But it doesn't work this way ingame, unfortunately.

Bottom line: don't raise Nano Resist, and keep your evades slightly above 60% of your own attack skills to avoid criticals, and you will have a good time

Thanks for the heads up although not sure what to dump points in to evade nano crap.

Re: Dunno if it helps, but

Originally posted by Miriandel

Example: my wife plays a 154 MA, maxed all evades with QL200 implants and +120 evades buff, which means over 1000 for her.

She never evades.

If your defense skill = the opponent's attack skill, you have 25% chance to evade, that's the rule.
    I guess it's the same for nano resist.
    But it doesn't work this way ingame, unfortunately.

Bottom line: don't raise Nano Resist, and keep your evades slightly above 60% of your own attack skills to avoid criticals, and you will have a good time
    Nanoresit work, maybe not so good but its work.
    Evades seems to lower the damage you take and you dont get crit so much.
    Lona
    Techno-Mage

Evades work for me (I have them maxed and implanted),

I find that at full agression I cant solo an orange, I lower my agro bar down and i can take on alot higher than me.

mainly because my evades stop me from being hit so often so my HoT will outheal alot of the damage I am taking

unless I am fighting insta casters... then I dont stand a chance

Re: Dunno if it helps, but

Originally posted by Miriandel

She never evades.
    Evades work, not great, but it works. Start a new char, roll your wife a QL 1 mission and you will see what I'm talking about.
    I've only had a "you missed, nya-nya-nya"-experience once. That was when I hit title (lvl50) cap on dodge and had new implants.

/G13
    pirates. with lasers.
    Are you having an argument on the internet, again?

Gene13 - on a space odyssey since 2001
    XXX - N

Some day your ship will come in, but you will be at the airport.

Post Same here...

I'm having the same issue pretty much as Valis (sorry I didn't see this post before I made a new thread on the issue by the way). LOTS of fumbles and resists, and when I say lots I mean anywhere from 50 - 75 percent of the time the nanos are fumbled or countered. I HAVE definately noticed this uber chain casting crap with mobs since the last patch too. Me and a friend of mine were doing a mission last night, we were fighting an OT Nano tech and I'll be damned if that mob wasn't casting insanely fast back to back spells for 200 - 400 a pop, the damage was also varied doing sometimes cold and sometimes melee. Both my pet and his robot are red to us, he being 61st and me being 51st and that one Nano tech that conned orange to me almost decimated the both of our pets before we could drop it, that was with him shooting away and me back to back nuking (fumbling and being countered I should mention). I am 100 percent certain that had we not interefered with just enough extra damage from our shooting and casting, that 50ish Nano tech would have ate our two pets for lunch with that instant-chain casting crap, then proceeded right over to us.

The bottom line is Funcom is going to keep saying that evades, resists or whatever work; we are going to keep saying they don't, we're going to keep saying our nanos are resisted and fumbled an insane amount; they're gonna keep saying they aren't. More than likely the only way we are going to REALLY effect change in the base nature of this game is to do like we did Verant back in EQ when the program ShowEQ came out. Yeah, they threatened to ban everyone using that program, but by the time they figured out what the community was doing we'd already gathered enough factual data that they had absolutely no choice but to fix it or be slapped in the face with the info for the rest of their days. With programs out like AOMD I beleive that it won't be too long before a dedicated AO player/inventive programmer comes along and makes a program like ShowEQ, maybe even calling it ShowAO.
    Thank you in advance for your attention to this matter. If you should have any further questions or comments please contact someone at my office and I'll try to get back to you.

I have to agree... I maxed nano resist for a good number of levels, then stopped. No difference now like 20 levels later... I still never resist, just like when I had it maxed.

I also see the insane number of fumbles, whoch of course, mobs never get. Strange how a fixer mob can cast 6 nanos in a row just fine, but my Nano-Technician, who has devoted her life (and breed, let's add) to controlling nanos fumbles at least once EVERY FIGHT I EVER HAVE.

If Funcom thinks these things are working right, they need to wake up and stop dreaming.

Seems like MPs fumble very rarely. I can't remember when a mob resisted my nuke last time. Only the new mez pet nano fumbles alot. Everything else works very well. Mynukes used to be resisted quite alot before but now I can't even remember when I fumbled a nuke or a nano got resisted by mobs. Damage debuffs fumble sometimes too but nukes seem to have become 100% certain hits.

I have never ever parryed, evaded or resisted a nano ever tho. I only raise evades to avoid too many crits.
    -War is not about who is right, it is about who is left.

- L92 MP
    - L7 Enf