Thread: Broken weapon formulas...

Broken weapon formulas...

Made me a happy lil trader and tried to make some weapons. None of the wepaons that used rifle kits would make it past step 2. They all said "It is not possible to ..." Shotgun kits worked fine though...

Anyone else unable to make rifles?
    Marvin "Happygryphon" Sherill
    • Wandering around Dante's 9th circle...
    • [b]"Where's Virgil split too? [b]

Last I heard, there were many weapons that could not be built. Not just rifles.

Sometimes the problem only affects certain QL ranges of a particular weapon.

You should make a list of those that do fail, what step they fail at and send that information to bugs@anarchy-online.com.

Hopefully this feedback will let them know how important this issue is to the player base.

Angry Tradeskills

Sadly, most players could give a rats @ss about tradeskills except NP which is some mysterious thing they pay mps or someone else to do. (lots of people pay other people to do their implants, I teach another person about nanonanny every day now) There are a few people that use pharmatech, its not a bad skill for docs. Anyways, most of the weapons you can make are either already for sale/easy loot (hence low demand at best or NO demand) or are at best mediocre and at worst pieces of junk that no one over level 10 would be caught dead using. (actually, they would be caught dead, repeatedly, by every grey mob for 5 miles) Don't forget to make a weapon takes many tradeskills that have zero use for anything else.

Making a nano is far worse, and frankly NO ONE would make nanos if it wasn't for 2 nullity nanos and 4 grid armors nanos that never spawn as crystals. Yes, there are non-store/above ql120 nanos that come as discs, but 15 minutes tops with aomd and you can find them in crystal form. Nanos over 120 take a boatload of IP in FIVE tradeskills (Mech EE QT NP comp lit) and for some of the steps you need a char with THREE tradeskills maxed, e.g. you can't spread the work across 5 characters in a guild. (at most you culd spread across 3 chars with each having 3 maxed tradeskills, but since one of the skills is comp lit, it will be 4 maxed for two of them, might as well make just 1 pure tradeskills char to save the agony....engy is ideal since trimmers are nice, as long as you're buddy buddy with a trader who has maestros as well, but don't worry the trader cannot afford to boost tradeskills at all like you can) Non store nanos, besides the two very rare exceptions, are so damn easy to get in crystal form compared to making them that no one bothers. I get people who hand me nice discs for free because otherwise they would dump them on the ground or sell to a vendor.

I managed to make a QL181 Fiddle rifle awhile back (its one of the few kits that DOES work, in general, assume a kit does NOT work until you *prove* that it does, this is what I would tell funcom if they listened or cared)...but check the stats on antiguardians, BLEH, junk. Now I hold onto it as a collectors item.

add 1HE melee

..swords....

thx waste my gd time and cash only to find they don't work.

thx making me run through three city's worth of basic shops to get the items within a combinable Ql range......for tehm to NOT ****ING WORK!

FFS I AM SICK TO DEATH OF RUNNING FROM CITY TO CITY SHOP TO SHOP WASTING MY ****ING TIME

ahhhh that feels a tad better.

I agree it's ridiculous

If the recipes do not work they should NOT be sold. I wasted boatloads of money at a relatively low level to make a QL 30 Mausser. This particular recipe never even made it to the first step. SMG construction Kit will not combine with a same QL Nano Pylon. No messages, no errors, just nothing except for a headache and the anguish of lost money.

I say that HUGE nember of existing bugs need to be worked out before any of the stuff in teh 14.2 patch is even given one iota of thought. Make the game complete befor eyou nerf everyone into oblivion. Oh yeah, and fix the sync bug, it's getting to where it is very risky to solo, since you may take 4-5 hits after you kill the mob.

They need to rework the whole weapon making thing anyway. This different QL range taking a different formula was just too complicated for them to code properly. Plus its really just a needless pain in the butt that accomplish's nothing. Well thats not true ... it creates a tremendous amount of clutter in the shop terminal that sell recipes. Making it real pain to hunt one down.

I haven't heard anything from Funcom on weapon making. Looks like they are just going to leave the weapon parts as some sort of boobie prize loot ... like ammo.