I believe PvP will and should be a essential part of this game. It could be made fun and rewarding. A I think that FC should not touch any issue unless they are willing to fully commit to it and complete it in a way which makes people enjoy it.

My thoughts are that since killing a mob will give you xp killing another person should as well. This should also be scaled in that if you attack someone too low you get nothing including no kills going towards your title. So rather then looting a person people can get xp from fighting people at their own strength rather then fighting mindless mobs. Also strenght should not be measured by level but rather attack rating and AC and level. While this wont be perfect it will be a more accururate measure then just level.

Now this can be implented without too many chances for exploits. When zoning the countdown timer will only start once your character moves. This is to prevent getting taken out while you still see a black screen. The timer can also be increased to 20 or 30 sec.

A example of how this would work is as you come out of a mission you see a ganker standing next to the entrance. You can get into your yalma without the timer starting and head off.

Also if a high level kills a player out of their range the player will not lose xp.

Now to encourage PvP for experience as a alternative to hunting or missions you could place small 75% zones with saves that you could not enter while in a fight in all the political zones. Now if you kill someone within your range (as determined by ar ac lvl) then you get a according large amount of xp. Also on Rubi-ka there should be rules of war jus like here. So you could not initiate a attack against someone who is already injured below 50% life or so.

So say you are itching to level. So instead of heading to yet another mission or hunt, you could head to 2ho and fight other players for a much larger amount of xp then you would ever get hunting. The drawback is you could very easily lose it since players are much more intelegent then mobs. One could argue that since your are protected at below 50% life your could save after every kill. But you can do this during hunting too. The deterent to this would be the long travel time to the save. Also you could make saves in political zones take 20s which would discourage running to the save after every kill.

For those that need rational explanations for things in video games the reason to not be able to kill lower strength and injured players would be honor or rules of war.

Please tell me any thought-out comments and responses.