Thread: Agents and the 14.0 patch

Agents and the 14.0 patch

I am sure that what I am about to say in regard to agents has been said countless times before, and I am also sure that other people in other professions could really give a damn about us, but I could care less. So ...

Help us Funcom! Rumors that 14.0 will be the "agent patch" leave rocking back and forth between excitement and dread. Will we get some of the tweaks to our profession that we are so missing, or will they be made worse and called "fixed" for the time being? As an 89 agent on RK2, here are a few reasonable, and quite logical changes that I believe should be looked into.

- Aimed shot: As an agent, Rifle and Aimed shot are our only green weapon skills. That's nice and dandy, but can we please do something about Aimed Shot? Its "recharge" time is long, but that I can live with. What I want to know is why is its success based on the perception of the MOB? We are penalized by its lengthy recharge time already, so why hit us with a 2nd penalty that not only makes it often times hard to use, but also damned near impossible if the MOB is already provoked into combat? We get only one weapon attack method, yet it has a long recharge, can only be used once during the course of an encounter, can not even be executed if the MOBs perception is too high, and really does not do all that much damage. Surely this cannot be correct ...

- Concealment: Again the perception of MOBs is our enemy in relation to this skill, making it hard to reliably sneak past even grey MOBs in missions with 900+ points in concealment. Perhaps the levels of perceptions for MOBs should be checked accross the board?

- False Professions: Okay, this style of nano is pretty much the only thing we have going for ourselves since we are stuck with rifles that do piss poor damage, cannot sneak about undetected, and can only fire off aimed shots if it is a full moon on a Tuesday evening, falling on an even numbered day in the first week of the month. Again we are double penalized for trying to do what we are made to do ... I can understand having the nano init -2000, but if that has to be, then lift the penalty points taken away from all our nano skills while being false profession'd, and reduce the length of the nano. Or keep the nano length and the nano skill penalties, but drop the obscene nano init penalty. I cannot tell you the number of times I've died in a hunt because I've FP'd to buff another member one way or another, and then cannot save myself with a root or a heal or whatever because it takes 2 minutes to fire off a nano program. And as for the 22 worthless Agent nanos that make up the Mimic and Assume profession class, have you put any thought at all into these? Who in their right mind would even bother with making a -80 or -140 sacrifice to all their nano skills for a slight reduction in nano init and length of program? (granted, mimic is only -750 to nano init which is better, but still with a -140 skill penalty, why bother?)

- Rifles: Please give us something decent? Using my ql200 Stigma, I can't even dream of coming close to doing the kind of damage that a shotgun weilding engineer with a ql120 bot can do. At the least, make shotgun skill greenish so we can have a little more flexibility? Maybe give us some sort fo shotgun nano buff?

- Cost of living: I know ... There is little that can be done about this, but since our bread and butter as an agent is the ability to run the buffs of other professions, we must first be able to afford not only our own nanos, but all the other nanos from other professions. If you were to tally them up, an average high level agent has spent a few million on nano programs... I guess this just kind of points back to the whole concealment and sneaking missions thing. If that issue were addressed, we could more easily raise the funds needed to buy other nano programs.

Thanks for listening to my rants ... I am sure I have forgotten something, and I'm too tired to proof read, so I apologize for any typos or grammatical errors. Exhaustion will also be my first defense if you try to point out any flaws in my logic so consider yourself warned. Now I lay my weary head to rest ...

Exclamation

"- Cost of living: I know ... There is little that can be done about this, but since our bread and butter as an agent is the ability to run the buffs of other professions, we must first be able to afford not only our own nanos, but all the other nanos from other professions. If you were to tally them up, an average high level agent has spent a few million on nano programs... I guess this just kind of points back to the whole concealment and sneaking missions thing. If that issue were addressed, we could more easily raise the funds needed to buy other nano programs."

AMEN!

THe other night I was in a new team and someone asked for a MP mastery buff, of course it was the one mastery nano I did not buy. THEY ASKED IF THEY COULD KICK ME FROM TEAM!! WTF!!

I told them if you want to buy all my nano's I'll be more than happy to cast it on you.

I have spent 11mil on JUST NANO's!!!!!!!!!!

If you think I am going to FP just for one person for one buff, forget it. Go get a real profession, you can find one in a split second in BS.

The cost of living is outrageous for agents. It's a good thing we can sneak missions for tons of money. Oh wait, nm, FC broke sneak!

Agents and the 14.0 patch? I see nothing about Agnets getting fixed in the 14.0 patch.

I have posted many times in many different areas for us getting fixed. I don't see any patch notes about it.

-I agree that shotgun wielding anyones out damages rifles. We need better rifles with allot better crits. Aimed shot takes to long to recharge. We should be able to use it about as much as fling shot, espeically in PVP, since most other classes have multiple special attacks. Aimed shot should also crit more.... After all Aimed means "Carefully placed" Anyone knows that a sniper is a marksmen and should do allot more damage than a fling shot, which is similar to a "Hip Shot" which is much less likely to crit. When I see Docs my level or lower out damaging my rifle.. something isnt right. SHotgun green skill would be nice too.
    -Our DoTs are worthless against Mobs and other Players.
    -Deaths Gaze is a joke and should be at least 10 seconds long.
    make the recharge more if your worried about pvp abuse.
    -FP lines should be 10 minutes. Let's face it... it's a buffing line. Who likes to be stuck in FP for 30 minute. You can't use combat nanos.
    -Cost of living. It's tough until you get to level 120. Cost wont be an issue after that.
    -They fixed the root... w00t. Please do not change it anymore... it wors as intended.. no matter how many enforcers complain.. they are still Uber anyway.
    -Agent armor. Who likes lookinglike a soldier.
    -Solo missions? Impossible unless you FP and get a healer and attack pets. Even then its still hard unless you do midgrade missions. I personally would like to stay agent to solo.
    -WOuld be nice to be able to spy and change sides. As in.. I am clan.. I can pose as an Omni for an hour to spy, would be very cool
    -There are allot more suggestions on the Agent boards. i recommmend this post
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=11213

-
    Jennii
    Unit Member - Storm
    Jenestria
    Gumpp
    Gridchik

"Only n00bs whine about twinks"

Yes.

1) Let Agents do at least the same damage as soldiers.

2) Make Agents DOTs on par with the docs.

3) Remove all negative side affects for FP nanos.

Originally posted by cson
    Yes.

Yes

let's not make smartass comments unless you have played a 100+ Agent
    Jennii
    Unit Member - Storm
    Jenestria
    Gumpp
    Gridchik

Yes.

What's your point?

Go play a agent to level 120+ and then come here and pop off.

No, but I get killed by them all the time in PvP. No way in hell are Agents gimped - not even close. Most Agents I know well will admit that Agents are just fine; they just complain so they can get back to their uber status prior to the series of PvP nerfs.

I guess you want your one shot kills back. Root everyone from the rooftop and kill them in one shot when they grid through. So get rid of the 15 sec timer too.

I agree with cson. Agents are faaaaaaar from gimped.
    Veteran Homer "Detonate" McDuff - My Equipment
    -= First Order =-

First Order is one of the largest and most powerful Omni-Tek Departments located on Rubi-Ka 1. If you are a dedicated Omni-Tek employee looking for superior opportunities within the company, check out http://www.firstorder.net/ and apply for a position today!
    First Order is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on Breed, Level, or Profession.

WHY MMORPG'S SUCK!

No, but I get killed by them all the time in PvP. No way in hell are Agents gimped - not even close. Most Agents I know well will admit that Agents are just fine; they just complain so they can get back to their uber status prior to the series of PvP nerfs.

I guess you want your one shot kills back. Root everyone from the rooftop and kill them in one shot when they grid through. So get rid of the 15 sec timer too.
    I will end this discussion by saying this.

Low level Agents are not gimeped. Low level Agents are very good. It's not until you get to my level that we are gimped. Low level Agents can equip into very large guns. I have had a QL 200 gun for 50 levels. I do not see significant increase in damage as I increase skills. Not to mention the other things that we need addressed. If you do not have an objective intelligent comment, please go elsewhere
    Jennii
    Unit Member - Storm
    Jenestria
    Gumpp
    Gridchik

Originally posted by Greebus

Low level Agents are not gimeped. Low level Agents are very good. It's not until you get to my level that we are gimped. Low level Agents can equip into very large guns. I have had a QL 200 gun for 50 levels. I do not see significant increase in damage as I increase skills. Not to mention the other things that we need addressed. If you do not have an objective intelligent comment, please go elsewhere
    Dufus, I'm lvl 154. The Agents I know, the ones I've PvPed against, are all around my level. If you want to get rid of your inferiority complex, go over to the Fixer forum and read about Fixers bragging about how they can now fight through 50% missions with Grid armor and chem mausser.

One more thing, every profession faces the problem of not being able to upgrade to a higher QL weapons once they get their QL 200 weapon. Traders are the kind of overequipping. You don't see them whining. Enforcers can equip their QL 200 hammers at lvl 100. They don't whine either. You know there is a title cap between 130-149 and 162-189 when you can't increase you're maxxed out attack skills?

My point is, Agents aren't even close to being gimped. They're just not uber anymore. Can you honestly say that Agents need to be fixed before Fixers, Adventurer, or even NTs?

LOL cson, so true, so true...

As a level 56 fixer, I can now say that I can take 50% missions pretty regularly if I think and play it to the bone... as in, sneaking and running past the three mobs in the front room I have NO chance in hell of taking out, and sneaking around the mission that way, taking things out 1 by 1, AoE snaring and rooting and praying and running when things get out of hand..

Yeah, I'm level 56, but that's the way a fixers life is. Period.

EVERYONE is complaining about being gimped past level 125 or so. Every class. I have yet to see a class that hasn't complained about it (MP's don't count, they got some SERIOUS lubed lovin' earlier... they win. hehe).

So team up with people. Do what you do best. For Agents, that's switching profs to do what your team needs you to do, not to be the ubergodking of PvP.

You CAN solo up to level 200 in this game. That doesn't mean it's going to be easy, or even fun. Try to keep that in mind.

hehe fixer invasion

as a fixer, i hate to see agents complain. walk a mile in my shoes, etc....

and yes, ive played agents, up to level 70 ish. they used to be uber, they aren't anymore, so they think they're gimped. fair enough, but we fixers are over-joyed when we solo a 50% mission. ask yourself who needs fixing more? and who was promised fixing first?
    My lungs arent blackened by tar, they're blackened by SIN!

Agents aren't as gimped as other classes but conceal is broken and I really think it should be fixed. I'm not saying I want to sneak 100% missions againts deep reds but when you are given the ability to pump your conceal to 1000+ and have that mean JACK SH*T is pretty stupid. AS should work like fling shot so you can use it in battle and have it do some normal damage and then if you're sneaking have it do Aimed Shot damage with an increased chance at criticals.

Agents asking for the FP line to be taken away of penalties and to have dots as good as Docs are idiots becuase that would make Agents more powerful then they ever were. But I can agree with less of penalty for using MP and AP becuase the way I look at it is that I'd rather use FP the rest of my agent life if I'm gonna take such a damn penalty.

!4.0 has been a patch that Agents have been looking forward to for a while now. www.agentsector.com has been buzzing with more activity then the offical Agent forum and there are a lot of smart ideas comeing from there. I think Agents that think that they are gimped should go check that page out for help becuase I thought Agents were the worst until I checked out that page.
    Last edited by CaptinCoolguy; Mar 8th, 2002 at 02:10:13.
    DKillah
    Gravewalkers
    http://aotgw.homestead.com/main.html

The hella bueno 44 Agent and w00tzer his crappy QL 37 Healpet

Stop assuming that you think you know me, you presumptuous f**k.

Originally posted by Cyblade7

What's your point?

Go play a agent to level 120+ and then come here and pop off.
    150 agent Kenidy here.

Don't be so dumb. Who cares about your damage. If you want to be the BEST then use dark blue skills and only use shotgun. I don't care if i can hit the most. Why do you? Do you honestly think your team mates do? If they did you would never find a team.

Oh ya your thinking of pvp...too much is wrong with that can of worms to pop it open, BUT agents own under lvl 74....seems kinda fair to me that some professions have their time under the sun. After 125ish it's all soldiers anyways. Let me guess you want a flashpoint's ability in a rifle? We had it, called 1 shot kill, since that system of pvp is never going to return agents will never shine in pvp post lvl 75. Accept it, move on.

One more thing, every profession faces the problem of not being able to upgrade to a higher QL weapons once they get their QL 200 weapon. Traders are the kind of overequipping. You don't see them whining. Enforcers can equip their QL 200 hammers at lvl 100. They don't whine either. You know there is a title cap between 130-149 and 162-189 when you can't increase you're maxxed out attack skills?

My point is, Agents aren't even close to being gimped. They're just not uber anymore. Can you honestly say that Agents need to be fixed before Fixers, Adventurer, or even NTs?
    150 agent, 86 advent speaking here:

I ONLY think conceal should be fixed. That is it. I don't care about teh damage crap, check out my earlier post. I think a GOOD conceal package could help all 3 sneaky professions: agent/advent/fixer I think they should make 1k like a top of the line stat where you have that NOTHING but God can see you. Take away stacking ruse and pronouncment of greatness. Nerf the cloaking devices by 1/2. Agents will get 1k first with ruse 2 or 3...it is possible for advents to get and fixers could get close....

I aint whining, don't care who they fix first, just so ya know i made an agent to do agent stuff, since that isnt gonna happen in this game's lifetime, I use him as a buffer for other chars...that's pretty much what an agent becomes. Concealment getting fixed, could bring my agent into active service for omni tek again....we'll see. Good luck.

*bump* for what Canidy has to say.

Fix conceal. That one change should satisfy agents - your damage output shouldn't be as high as a soldier/enforcer. If conceal is fixed, AS will probably be fixed vs. Perception as well, which would eliminate most of your complaints right there.

Fix Conceal. You guys can already cast my nanos better than I can (coughfixernanosshouldn'tALLbebluecough) so don't complain that you suffer an init penalty. Conceal is part of your profession, for sure. The ability to runbuff better than I can isn't.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Originally posted by Greebus

the reason you do not see a signifiacant raise in damage is cause you put a ql 200 rifle on at what level 80? 100?

that tells me you get that gun on too early, this is somthing that needs to be fixed.

i mean what the hell are you crying about?

you get to use a weapon 100 levels higher then you, plz as you said INTELLEGENT COMMENTS ONLY