Thread: Selling tokens on eBay through a "special" method?

Selling tokens on eBay through a "special" method?

Sheesh, what's up with this?

Selling tokens on eBay with a "Special" method that requires access of someone else's account to transfer tokens? It's, currently, going for over $300 for 962 clan tokens???

Can Funcom do some type of player check to see who has this many tokens in an inventory stack?

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI...tem=1335350986

*No idea how these types of exploits are done or are able to be done*

Kyana

reason 56 why to leave ao.

Angry

From what I can tell/have been told, a group of people have set up a profit making company which sells game items like these for real money.

I notice people have actually bid for those tokens too, may be FC should delete them as soon as they make the transfer?

The loss of one or two stoopid players accounts, against the loss of many more as well as risking the game getting a bad image.....

Plz, do something FC

Cloudeh,

Did you set that screenshot up, or did you just happen to see it?

Good stuff!
    "So shines a good deed in a weary world."

BAH! tokens should automaticly load into your boards when gained. Tokens should *never* have been in a players inventory.

just me .02 creds

If I was funcom.......

I'd win the auction.......meet the player and gank his account.

Then again...that's just me.

Kyana

Re: If I was funcom.......

Originally posted by Kyana
    I'd win the auction.......meet the player and gank his account.

Then again...that's just me.

Kyana
    some people has no sense ..they require u to give them your password dumdum. so in essense they would gankyour account, but why do so them tokens will sell for 600 to 1 grand i bet... usually i hate complainers but im with u guys this time catch em and ban them if they need to use your account and seceret process from something u cant or are supposed to do its a big time EXPLOIT!!!!! im willing to bet these guys are duping as well..
    ive token farmed and ive never got em in a stack

Re: Re: If I was funcom.......

Originally posted by dilinger

some people has no sense ..they require u to give them your password dumdum. so in essense they would gankyour account, but why do so them tokens will sell for 600 to 1 grand i bet... usually i hate complainers but im with u guys this time catch em and ban them if they need to use your account and seceret process from something u cant or are supposed to do its a big time EXPLOIT!!!!! im willing to bet these guys are duping as well..
    ive token farmed and ive never got em in a stack
    Goofy troll...sheesh!

Go back and actually read the post subject. I said, "IF I WAS FUNCOM..." I'd win....etc, etc.

Read before you call someone a dumdum..../ack

Kyana

Originally posted by hobbes
    Cloudeh,

Did you set that screenshot up, or did you just happen to see it?

Good stuff!

It was truly amazing, I was just running by when HOTDOG!!!

I guess that neatly answers the question of wether or not exploiters can still dupe items..

The dupe and nodrop trading exploits that have been fixed up to this point have only made the holders of the remaining exploits more elite. It kind of adds an additional layer to the game. If you can really excel at making conacts and learning about/using cheats and exploits, you can earn a fair real life living doing it.

From what I can tell, this auction ended without a winner, or even any bids placed on it. I agree that this person needs to be banned, and I ever find out who it is, I'll report them myself.

Oh, BTW Cloudeh, Love the screenie!!!
    Princess"Lashleigh" Tabledancer - Unit member of Nirvana

Yes, I had my own fan club. Behold the power of spam....

Exclamation UPDATE:

Click on "Bid History" next to the number of bids of 0.....

It seems everyone had their bids canceled as the item was "no longer available." It looks like there were 10 bidders in all with a high bid of at least $375.00, if not much more.

But, it also looks like this auction may have been moved to a "private auction" where the bidders simply just need a password to bid on a hidden auction and remain anonymous. If so, all the seller has to do is email them to bid with the password and the new auction number.

If nothing else, the seller probably just grabbed email id's and worked out a deal on the side.

Looking at the seller history...it looks like this seller has officially made just $91 on eBay over the past 30 days.

The seller has no current AO auctions unless using a new id, but has not been banned, stopped, or suspended.

/Kicks Funcom

Kyana

D'oh!!!!

I didn't know you could do that with eBay...I haven't ever used it for anything other than to just look at some stuff for sale and dream about buying.

Thanks for makin me look stupid Kyana!

Originally posted by Revolutionary
    D'oh!!!!

I didn't know you could do that with eBay...I haven't ever used it for anything other than to just look at some stuff for sale and dream about buying.

Thanks for makin me look stupid Kyana!
    I didn't mean for my post to come accross that way, Revolutionary.

I just happen to have been on eBay since mid 1998 with the very unusual user id of Kyana

I just wanted to update this topic with current info is all.

I hope it sheds some light on how duped/exploiting/cheats can be sold right under Funcom's eyes.

I know this type of selling can't be stopped completely, especially on eBay. However, sometimes posts like this can stop an auction in it's tracks. Let's hope that is what happened here.

Kyana

Intrigue

Interesting - I wonder what the exploit is - this thread from last week http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=10466 which references this item http://antiguardians.org/itemdb.php?cmd=view&id=157485 at antiguardians might suggest GM/ARK involvement or might suggest these items are available in game.

Heh, good screener Cloudeh. Even better than the story Ao-basher posted last year about the player who RP'd a pirate and had screeners of why FC took out ass and crotch commands.
    Marquis "Clearspirit" Pillot
    RK2 Omni Inter-Op

Lorriane "Arosabir" Cratty
    Wanna-be merchant @ Harry's Outpost!

"I was born in the dark but it wasn't last night..."

Originally posted by Kyana

I didn't mean for my post to come accross that way, Revolutionary.

I just happen to have been on eBay since mid 1998 with the very unusual user id of Kyana

I just wanted to update this topic with current info is all.

I hope it sheds some light on how duped/exploiting/cheats can be sold right under Funcom's eyes.

I know this type of selling can't be stopped completely, especially on eBay. However, sometimes posts like this can stop an auction in it's tracks. Let's hope that is what happened here.

Kyana
    I didn't take it bad Kyana, I was only kidding too! I'm glad that you were able to enlighten me on some of the features of eBay as I have been thinking of using it to find some books I want.

Watch out for the ebay sellers!
    I followed the link in the top post and did some snooping. This offer by danyels clearly claims that the QL 185 64 NCU unit "Does not drop as loot!" Balderdash! I got a 198 out of a chest last weekend!

p.s. I wouldn't have posted, but I just can't pass up a chance to say Balderdash!
    RoboKa & RoboKaKa
    Solitus Neutral Engineer & Pet

Originally posted by RoboKa
    I followed the link in the top post and did some snooping. This offer by danyels clearly claims that the QL 185 64 NCU unit "Does not drop as loot!" Balderdash! I got a 198 out of a chest last weekend!

p.s. I wouldn't have posted, but I just can't pass up a chance to say Balderdash!
    Ah NCU was added as a chest loot in the last patch, unless i somehow did thousands upon thousands of missions and simply wasnt lucky enough to find one until after the patch. Good point though. Eventhough this is false information the seller gives, he or she probably did not know it was added. It is also illegal to sell items on ebay, so dont buy them!

Thumbs up

Originally posted by RoboKa

Good use of Balderdash!!!! I approve fully!!!!