Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Discuss: 13.8 Breaking root

Probably best idea would be to increase that Nano reisist on root and a select bunch of other nanos to 150-200.

When doing so each professions nanos would have to be looked at for balance. For example some professions would find rooting easier than others in proportion to their other abilities.

Also note what occurs for players occurs for Mobs. If the average player is going to resist roots 50% of the time, then so should Mobs.

another idea is to give Doctors a Purge line (a fiixed one at that) to cast on people to try to remove hostil nanos, or alternative make Purge a line of Nano Resist buffs (Alpha +100, Beta +200, Gamma +300, Delta +450, Epsilon +600)
    Ye Olde and Original Founding is BACK !

Australian Timezone - RK1

Angry

WELL, hostile nanos still break roots, but the legitimate root breaking nanos are broken now!

Rage has never worked quite like it is advertsed, but at least it broke roots well. Now it doesn't even do that!

Please fix this!
    O b i t u s Atrox Clan Enforcer My trade skill? Smackin' stuff till it cries! Obi's Rig
    Unit Memer of S t o r m

Never Forget

Test server is a joke.
    Let us copy our characters there and do some proper testing.

Testing things above level 80 will help.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

~ bump test server n00bs is a joke!

like seriously, who chooses these dudes to test out the game that we play?

- just give me an app form and ill test your game. FC got some serious issues.

If u wanted this game to be one hell of a bug, then your doing a good job letting the re-tards play test it

/way to go!

Originally posted by Cub
    ~ bump test server n00bs is a joke!

like seriously, who chooses these dudes to test out the game that we play?

- just give me an app form and ill test your game. FC got some serious issues.

If u wanted this game to be one hell of a bug, then your doing a good job letting the re-tards play test it

/way to go!
    Cub,
    anybody with an active AO account can start a character
    on the testserver whenever they like.
    http://www.anarchy-online.com/conten.../inproduction/

A fixer's perspective

Ok, I'm a fixer - ringing in at level 106 I think... I am - well terrified of this.

The fixer has one way to escape from roots, and they don't get it until the 40s (at earliest) or 50s - Reckless digi. Wanna kill a fixer fast? Root, DoT, and then slam them for as much as you can... We can't escape - its instadeath in the grid (evac sets us to 1/1). Thats right, we have no way to break a root - just like the MA. Now, as an escape artist - which is the vaguely only thing we might be percieved as - that kinda sucks..

Now, we move on to fixer roots... Ok, for those of you who are rooted commonly by a fixer - shame on you! Chances are the root being used is pretty low QL, as our roots are few and far between, and generally speaking - I've never known a fixer who focuses on roots (the only way to keep current roots up to date)... Personally, I'd rather net than root anyay though, as kiting gives that nice 'chariots of fire' look and the fun ones last for 15 minutes... God bless -750 runspeed debuffs...

But, yeah... when you figure out a way that a fixer can work this to their advanatage against a NT, MP or agent, please, let me know...

PS. the range on the MCS is like 12m... even with major attatchments, it will ALWAYS fall short of the 40M cap.
    Sometimes, old fixers die in Bitterness.

all i know is i tried pvp for first time yesterday with my lvl 64 adv against a 51 fixer, by all means 13 lvls advantage i figured id win, but know this root crap is cheap its not even funny, they root run away and shoot root run away and shoot, i cant even pick my nose when rooted so i stand no chance, this is entire BS!!!! so im not going to pvp anymore as all people do is root run away and shoot!! what kinda fun is that? i cant even defend myself, a lvl 20 could kill me because i got no way to get to him, in my opinion roots should be taken out of the game entirely, either that or the adventureres and MA's will not be able to pvp at all!! was this intentional or what!!!

next test server patch im going on it. thanks Scumbug didn't know it was that easy.

Funcom get ready to feel my wrath. oh oh and all my threads in test server.!

Originally posted by Scumbug

Cub,
    anybody with an active AO account can start a character
    on the testserver whenever they like.
    http://www.anarchy-online.com/conten.../inproduction/
    thats fine but do u think i am gonna spend the time it takes to level up on a test server?

i have sent numerous emails requesting a duplicate on the test server so i can test it out as i would in game

0 replies from funcom

oh what? u mean i can't duplicate my char there?

BAH! level 1 all over again? omg do they at least give u money to start off with?

Straight from the horses mouth

Originally posted by Cosmik

Rage is supposed to break combat nanos, like roots and DoTs. These are the hostile nanos it should break. It should not break ransacks and ordinary debuffs. It's currently not working correctly (only doing roots), and will be fixed.
    This was posted on Feb. 1st 2002 in the enforcers official sticky thread. It was posted by Cosmik, who should know what he is talking about.

Therefore, when is RAGE going to be fixed? I do not see anything about it in the upcoming patch notes yet, is it still coming? Do you have a clue?
    Lockkjaw
    Atrox Enforcer, Omni Citizen
    Coverup
    Neutral Agent, Undercover as an Omni-Tek Reporter

"It's not my fault being the biggest and the strongest, I don't even exercise." Fezzik
    "The ethically bankrupt and greedy go Omni." Thyrra
    "Ethically bankrupt and greedy since 02.01.29476." Lockkjaw
    ~Read Coverup's latest story here~

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678