Thread: 10% XP cap

10% XP cap

Why in the world would you have to only get 10% of your total XP when killing high level MOBS? Just realized that I needed 23000 to level and I was getting 2300 or so XP, nothing more, on MOBS that I could easily get 3500+ with my higher level enforcer.

Why does this work this way? In other words, It is not worth it if you can take on bigger things? might as well do low level missions with no high risk of dying.

I think Funcom should remove this 10% xp cap. I worked so hard on getting the best stuff for my crat, best implants, and best nanos. IT IS NOT FAIR!~

please take note...

Kathyluz / 26 crat / ql50implants / ql51 vektor

It is fair.

If the rule was not in place a horribly PLed lvl 1 could go up 10 lvls per kill.

Do you realize how easily one could explit if this was not in place?

Quit whining about how your twinked beyond belief char only gets 10%.

Fact: You're killing mobs that you should NOT be able to kill.
    Fact: You're in gear that you should NOT be able to have.
    Fact: You're getting MORE xp AS IS than you SHOULD EVER GET!

If it's fair. It's fair because it prevents obsene PLing and thus keeps the 'average' gamer from being left WAY behind.
    I miss LadyE.

Re: 10% XP cap

Originally posted by SnapDog
    IT IS NOT FAIR!~

pooooor baby! here's a cookie

Angry

Hey,
    if you suck, doesnt mean i should right?

Snapdog = Dip$hit
    Veteran Homer "Detonate" McDuff - My Equipment
    -= First Order =-

First Order is one of the largest and most powerful Omni-Tek Departments located on Rubi-Ka 1. If you are a dedicated Omni-Tek employee looking for superior opportunities within the company, check out http://www.firstorder.net/ and apply for a position today!
    First Order is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on Breed, Level, or Profession.

WHY MMORPG'S SUCK!

I dont see why you want to level so fast. High level content suck arse. Anyway why are you posting crap and not PLing

Well cross posting several times the same post is a bit lame.
    But when the post is obviously pointless... go figures.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

Hey,
    if you suck, doesnt mean i should right?
    Haha what a reject. Did you post this in enough places? You suck!

Sounds like a sound and necessary way to limit the effects of twinking.

Scorus

Originally posted by Scorus
    Sounds like a sound and necessary way to limit the effects of twinking.

Scorus
    Agreed!

Re: 10% XP cap

Why in the world would you have to only get 10% of your total XP when killing high level MOBS? Just realized that I needed 23000 to level and I was getting 2300 or so XP, nothing more, on MOBS that I could easily get 3500+ with my higher level enforcer.

Why does this work this way? In other words, It is not worth it if you can take on bigger things? might as well do low level missions with no high risk of dying.

I think Funcom should remove this 10% xp cap. I worked so hard on getting the best stuff for my crat, best implants, and best nanos. IT IS NOT FAIR!~

please take note...

Kathyluz / 26 crat / ql50implants / ql51 vektor
    I agree that there should be a cap, if not then level 1's would be running around and in a matter of an hour they would be level 50. The cap is there to ensure some minimum time on the player level before advancing to the next level. And besides high level content sucks

why cant a lvl 20ish be in 50ish implants? why cant he be in a 50ish shotty? I dont agree with what the snapdog says in his post, but why shouldnt he be in that equipment? I am lvl 90 Trader with a 178 Vector, 125 implants, and 114 armor. I did this all within the game mechanics set forth by FC and no cheating. No treatment bug, no exploits what so ever. Damn, i was using a lvl 70 shotty when I was a lvl 20 trader. Why shouldnt i be using these?
    Frelo - Level 29 Fixer (and loving every minute of it)

Anahata - Level 110 Solitus Trader
    Khephra - Level 6 Solitus Engineer
    Zaum - Level 8 Nanomage MP
    Merkaba715 - Level 50 Nanomage NT (Sleeping till NT's are fixed)
    Dimholt - Level 10 Atrox Enforcer
    Omni
    Rubi-Ka 1

'The only ones that see the end of war are the dead' - Plato

please

why cant a lvl 20ish be in 50ish implants? why cant he be in a 50ish shotty?
    BECAUSE HE S 20ISH FOR THE SG S SAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am lvl 90 Trader with a 178 Vector
    glad you re ....here s your medal...
    my rerolling squad (what s IPR? )
    Celebnor, Balbanes, Lacaan, Ignetos, Hadouken, Icehilda, Icementat and the late Seregnor

if you ever met one.....well...nevermind

and youre telling me you never cast materies on yourself or get wrangles to cast bots above your level Balbanes ???? or use implants to cast a higher bot? youre lying if you say you cast a bot exactly the same as your level. AO is built around over equipping. Why do you think they gave the traders 90% nanos that do just that?
    Frelo - Level 29 Fixer (and loving every minute of it)

Anahata - Level 110 Solitus Trader
    Khephra - Level 6 Solitus Engineer
    Zaum - Level 8 Nanomage MP
    Merkaba715 - Level 50 Nanomage NT (Sleeping till NT's are fixed)
    Dimholt - Level 10 Atrox Enforcer
    Omni
    Rubi-Ka 1

'The only ones that see the end of war are the dead' - Plato

How will this affect teams? This would be great if it affects teams, because maybe now teams won't get me killed by trying to go for stuff that's like 50 levels over our heads...

Originally posted by FileNotFound
    \
    Fact: You're killing mobs that you should NOT be able to kill.
    Fact: You're in gear that you should NOT be able to have.
    Fact: You're getting MORE xp AS IS than you SHOULD EVER GET!

If it's fair. It's fair because it prevents obsene PLing and thus keeps the 'average' gamer from being left WAY behind.
    sounds like n00b talk

The avg gamer is left way behind already

Re: please

Originally posted by Lacaan

BECAUSE HE S 20ISH FOR THE SG S SAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hehe, i had QL 90's at lvl 25- sounds like you need to study your basic math. It's all basic math.