Thread: Envisioned Idea to add "Bounties"

Cool Envisioned Idea to add "Bounties"

This is probably not a NEW idea but this is my twists on it.

So your feeling totally Pi**ed again after Snarf, Trystar, or some other infamous PvPer ganks you, beats you, or wrongs you. You want to get even but your only level 76, a MA, or just want them to die! Well here is what you do.

/bounty Snarf 10000

"You have added 10,000 credits to the bounty on the Clanner Snarf's head. You will be informed when or if he/she is collected on and by who."

/headprice Snarf "The current price on the Clanner Snarf's head is 34,564,350 credits." (for Snarf I’m sure it would be over 100 million but *shrug* I play on RK2)

Now don't think for a second that the first person to cap Snarf here gets 34 Million! Here is how it goes.

1. If you are one of the top 10 people with a price on your head AND have a PvP title on EITHER side of the conflict, you will have a 5% chance per 15 minutes on-line of having a Clan/Omni NPC Bounty Hunter appear, wherever you are (as long as not in 100% gas), and attack you. If he/she kills you, everyone who has contributed will get a message that Omni-Pol or the Council has collected 10% of the price on said person's head. That's a 20% chance per hour of getting hunted ANYWHERE YOU ARE. The bounty hunter will range in level from yellow to red.

2. If an Omni player attacks and kills Snarf, he/she will be informed that he/she received a portion of the reward based on level difference. 5%-10% of the bounty. ALL of the players who have contributed to the bounty fund will get messages that the Target was eliminated by XXXX at XX:XX:XX time. A bounty can only be collected on someone once per 6-18 hours random.

3. For each week the player remains logged out his bounty is reduces by 5%.

4. The top 10 WANTED is posted in the town "squares" of Omni-1 and Tir. Updated every hour.

5. If the "wanted" changes sides the bounty stands and is transferred to the other side until the "side switcher" records several PvP wins verse several opponents to prove their new loyalty.

6. /removebounty Snarf will remove your bounty from Snarf's head. This command can be used to cancel but NOT reclaim the amount you put on the person's head. It is prorated by the number of days since you added the bounty. After 10 days this command only removes you from the message list when the target is killed by the NPC or a PvPer. This command at NO TIME can remove more then 50% of the original amount unless used on the day it was issued. At NO TIME can this command reduce the target's bounty below 0 or 50% of it's current total level.

7. You must be of the opposite alignment of the person you are putting the price on.

*clap*
    Suupaslap Master 10th Dan--Rk2
    Smugglerguy Ickle baby fixer--Rk2

HAHAHAHA

That sounds awesome. Exept for the part about something spawning to kill you at any random time. Seems a little to much. Just keep it to the person that kills um gets the reward. Course alot of people would be made major targets (like they aren't already) but hey, thats the price for fame.

The reason he had the NPC part there and the way you only get portion of reward was because otherways the target would just call a friend and say "Wanna get us rich? Come kill me and we split the money 50/50".

The NPC hunter idea is good one and we had similar in MUD although it was bit more limited.

There was area that not everyone in game even knew existed and which required "some" effort to get into. There you could hire this Assassin who then appeared on city (there was only one city so everyone passed it at somepoint).

When player who was target got into city, the Assassin would come and backstab that player and try to kill him.

In this game it could work much same way. There could be some "secret" area that would require some effort to go to. There you could hire Assassins to do your job for you.

For low bounty they would maybe roam around Tir grid or Tir city in general and when they see their target, they would approach it just like any other ordinary NPC but when close, they would suddenly attack or perhaps they could just backstab you from the shadows, uncloaking just a split second before (being invisible before that).

For a HIGH bounty they would actually do attempts at wilderness and outside cities. This would mean that they would most likely teleport/beam to target at some point and try to kill it. This would most likely have to be high price and only one attempt per pay.

Good ideas nonethless.

Zarch and da chars

With a 34mill bounty I would just ask an omni to kill me and split the money.

NPCs warping to me and attack me is a very bad idea, that means I could never go AFK or anything, would always have to be fully buffed and could never relax and just help friends or chat.
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Originally posted by Azzazzimon

NPCs warping to me and attack me is a very bad idea, that means I could never go AFK or anything, would always have to be fully buffed and could never relax and just help friends or chat.
    The price of fame

215/15 | Lagerlad Atrox Adventurer | eqp | Mostly indestructible
    214/13 | Xpie Atrox Meta-physicist | eqp | Supernova!
    Member of Ragnarok

Originally posted by Chrkol

The price of fame
    It's not a good price to not be able to be logged in.
    Azzazzimon

Account closed.

Azzazzimon,

Remember the limitations.
    1. You'd have to get about 30 Omni Friends together to collect about 70% of the bounty. You feel like getting killed by 30 different people to collect 70% of the bounty? I think the ones who put the money on your head got what they wanted

2. The attacking NPC is only for the TOP 10 on each side of the conflict. This means you might want to know IF your on the Top 10 Most Wanted List. If your number 11 or lower..no NPC.

its a good idea

remove the npc thing totally tho, thats just grief play...

a lvl 168 character with more money than god decideds to completly **** over a lvl 30. he has no need for his cash, so simply writes:

/bounty 200000000 %t

pushes them to the top ten, they then spend the rest of their life being ganked by an npc.

just one example, i like the bounty idea, but not the npc bit
    My lungs arent blackened by tar, they're blackened by SIN!

bump

Great idea, love it. <<Funcom Please implement this>>

Re: its a good idea

Originally posted by ReelBigFish
    remove the npc thing totally tho, thats just grief play...

a lvl 168 character with more money than god decideds to completly **** over a lvl 30. he has no need for his cash, so simply writes:

/bounty 200000000 %t

pushes them to the top ten, they then spend the rest of their life being ganked by an npc.

just one example, i like the bounty idea, but not the npc bit
    Hmm. Well I guess a limitation based on your level and the level of the character you are putting the bounty on might limit this abuse. What you think?

As for the NPC, I'm not totally "hooked" on the idea but remember it only has a 20% chance total per HOUR (5% chance per 15 mins) of appearing IF your in 0-75% gas at the time of the check. It only applies to the TOP 10 and they MUST have a title. With all those controls in place, I’m not sure it would be "grief" to have people bounty you. I understand your concern and remember sometimes the NPC would be yellow to you and killable quite easily. It's not like he just appears, kills you because he's blood red to you, and reduces your Bounty.

So IF the limits were put in place would you want the TOP 10 to have some additional challenges for so many people with so much money wanting them dead? This also controls the bounty so that someone who is wanted can't just hang in 75% gas all the time and FEEL "safe". Those are the reasons why I suggested the NPC Bounty Hunter. And as I said, it's just an Idea

Originally posted by Meligant

Azzazzimon,

Remember the limitations.
    1. You'd have to get about 30 Omni Friends together to collect about 70% of the bounty. You feel like getting killed by 30 different people to collect 70% of the bounty? I think the ones who put the money on your head got what they wanted

2. The attacking NPC is only for the TOP 10 on each side of the conflict. This means you might want to know IF your on the Top 10 Most Wanted List. If your number 11 or lower..no NPC.
    I don't need 70% of the bounty, I'm a PvP but I'm not a title hunter, so I wouldn't mind getting killed for afew mill, if not for anything other than that the person that really would kill me later in PvP wouldn't get anything

(I'm mostly trying to find holes in the idea, a bounty would be nice, but since it's no loss for dieing it won't be any big meaning in putting a big bounty on anyone)
    Azzazzimon

Account closed.

I don't need 70% of the bounty, I'm a PvP but I'm not a title hunter, so I wouldn't mind getting killed for afew mill, if not for anything other than that the person that really would kill me later in PvP wouldn't get anything

(I'm mostly trying to find holes in the idea, a bounty would be nice, but since it's no loss for dieing it won't be any big meaning in putting a big bounty on anyone)
    True. Another reason why I added the NPC I imagine

ok, so here is my take on it

just gonna take your idea and twist it a little:

/bounty <playername> <size of bounty>
    then that player gets a message saying that someone has placed a bounty of xxxxx on them. only titled players over level 75 can recieve bountys.

a player can place one bounty at a time. the bounty can be removed with a /remove bounty comand, but no refund is made.

all bounty information is displayed at a bounty booth in the cities, this booth gives player names of the bountyied ones, the size of the bounty, and the zone they are currently in.

upon killing a player with a bounty, looting produces a "named pinky" which you return to the bounty booth for a cut of the bounty (based on side, and wether you had an assist or not) maximum is 10% of the total (so a bounty can be reduced to 0)

bountys will decay, every hour online reduces the bounty by 3%

a player can pay off a bounty on themselves to the machine.

------------- NPC ideas --------------------

if nobody claims the bounty before it degrades to 50% of the initial sum, and the bountied player is 50 lvls higher than the player who placed the bounty, the bounty is cancelled, no refund made, and an NPC spawns in the zone that player is currently in, intent on killing him.

of course its jsut your idea, but tweeked a little. naturally i prefere my way
    My lungs arent blackened by tar, they're blackened by SIN!

It doesn't work.

Ultima Online had a bounty system, but like in AO, it was not possible to hunt peekays down.

I think Adventurers should be eligible for tracking persons, and so a bounty system might be interesting, and adventurer a very sought after profession.

But a simple bounty system has already proved it it's not appealing, and completely flawed.

Just have your friend kill you and grab the cash, sooo easy.

Well, it seems UO players look like old timers now

Simple idea to prevent Lvl 200's from pulling contracts on everyone who walks by them

Three things

1 You must meet one of two conditions
    You were KILLED by the player you want to put the bounty on

Or/And
    2. They be within 10 levels lower of 60 levels higher than you(why do I say 10 lvls lower but 60 higher? Simple the whole 75-160 where you can be attacked)

AND

The NPC assasin could work if changed thus
    as others have suggested
    1. It only attacks if your not in a team(never attack a group if I'm right?)
    2. The guards will try and take the assin down too
    3. The level of the assins is YOURS + money amount(In 10k up to lvl 50(Ego a Lvl 31 Trader who wants a twinked 29 dead could put a 30k award on them and the assasin would be lvl 30,)(That works up to lvl 50 then it goes in 50k amounts(Ego lvl 51 target, 100k for two levels higher a lvl 54 assasin(three levels higher) would be 150k)

If the assasin get the kill instead of someone else the money goes poof!

Re: It doesn't work.

Originally posted by Miriandel
    Ultima Online had a bounty system, but like in AO, it was not possible to hunt peekays down.

I think Adventurers should be eligible for tracking persons, and so a bounty system might be interesting, and adventurer a very sought after profession.

But a simple bounty system has already proved it it's not appealing, and completely flawed.

Just have your friend kill you and grab the cash, sooo easy.

Well, it seems UO players look like old timers now

hehe us UO players ARE old timers.

Yazule of Catskills shard, 3 homes, 4x GM (yes I keep changing my template) mage/fighter with more rares and gold than you can shake a stick at.

and yes, UO proved a bounty system does not work
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

hows this

Make it so that you can only put a bounty on someone that has killed you 5 times.
    The minimum bounty is 1 million.
    And while that bounty is in effect the target can be attacked ANYWHERE and his name will pop up over his head colored red for everyone to see.

The first one to kill him will get the bounty.
    Keep some kind of lvl cap on it to protect ppl under lvl 74.