Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: All the undoccumented "features" that come with every patch...

Angry Weapon equip time...

BUMP

I have seen another post here which described my feeling accurately. To be effective now I MUST overequip vastly.

ql 200 Gamma on a lvl 90 sol should roughly equal the damage he would otherwise be dealing with XM/Nova or IEC/Nova at appropriate ql.

Remove the extra equip value from the slot...... This change has made PvP impossible for me (changing from IEC to Gamma....20 secs???)

That means I have to use a minimum of half my TMS time to change weapons.....since I have no heals to speak of the trader/doc/mp/enf/ma/crat/nt will simply walk in and destroy me.

.....yours truly thought soldiers were supposed to be good at pvp and dual/triple weapon combination.

Until this is changed you will have a lot of soldier running around with weapons twice their lvl....since using 2 weapons of lower ql will get them killed!
    Legion
    Beartwo

and a whole litter of bearcubs ...

"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -- Plato
    "You see me now, a soldier, of a 1000 psychic wars...." -- Blue Oyster Cult

Originally posted by jws
    That's great CZ, however it still doesn't address the bigger issue of why changes aren't put in the patch notes. I fully understand that bug results won't be something that would be listed However, there are many intentional changes that crop up EVERY patch that are not documented..
    Working on it (tm).

Seriously though, it's something we're just as frustrated as you about, and we are taking it very serious. I won't point fingers to where the mistakes are made, but only confirm that we as a company have to improve on this.

Generally, poke us (hard if needed) when we implement undocumented changes. We will bring the pokes to the right people.

Cz

Cz,

I wish you hadn't closed your thread talking about the undocumented changes.

The problem with all this is both that you really need our help and input and that if reduces your already troubled credibility. In Dai-Galean's thread about the Basher comments I asked him specifically about the Unique Item change and he never responded. I would have thought that either he or one of you that read the posts would have then added it to the change list. I only knew about it because a friend of mine was asked by a GM on test to test it out, but even after it was pointed out publically there was no acknowledgement.

And you need our help and input because we would have pointed out that this kind of change had to go hand-in-hand with a review of ALL the unique items. Why are Flurry of Blows unique? It isn't a rare drop or an item that costs a lot of money. But now if I want to upgrade mine then I have to ditch my old one first, in hopes that the guy won't pull it from me at the last second. And why are IQ Rings unique, again they aren't a drop from a named creature, and we could have told you that many of us were dual-wielding them. Now I don't know if I'm exploiting by having two or if you are going to change IQ Rings so that they aren't unique or what.

I think this had the potential to be a positive change, if it had been thought out and reported for comment to the players. Quit turning a potentially good thing bad.

Scorus
    Last edited by Scorus; Feb 13th, 2002 at 17:30:54.

Exclamation Re: First Aid kits

Myself and my friends have always used first aid kits. Up until this patch I'm pretty sure they had a 30 second recharge. I usually hit it twice to get the timer during a fight if I think it is going to be a long one. I find it hard to believe that after months of using these my friends and I would just suddenly notice this.
    Choshin
    Level 120 Clan Enforcer
    Self-buffed
    Pure gamer - No cheat codes, no over-equiping
    Never had it, never will!

Too everyone threatening to quit because of 14.2 - Don't let the door hit you in the a$$ on the way out...

Originally posted by Cz
    Got it. Replied. It's a bugfix, not a nerf. Hacking individual pills were not intended.

Thanks for pointing me there.

Cz
    All fine and dandy, I guess I can accept that - even though now I have to throw all my half-used packs away - as we never knew that this was a bug and not working as intended - but fine, fine, it's ok I guess.
    However, is it supposed to be the same with the revitalizing serum? That you can't use just one to build treatment kits anymore, making them even more expensive? One of our docs pointed this out to me.
    Is it a bug or *working as intended*?
    I think self-made treatment kits were expensive enough - no need to increase the price - comment please?

Originally posted by Spacegipsy
    However, is it supposed to be the same with the revitalizing serum?
    I'm almost 100% sure it is, as it is a fix for using stacks in trade processes in general. You need the full stack. Split it, and it's useless.

Cz

Originally posted by Cz

I'm almost 100% sure it is, as it is a fix for using stacks in trade processes in general. You need the full stack. Split it, and it's useless.

Cz

Doc's (or someone) should be able to make nanochargers >ql125 even if they follow the same recharge/treatment req's that they have sub-ql125 from shops.

Cz I think the little mishaps are fine but? "oops all the FAs went bye bye" thing is a balance shifting change that should haveat least been brought to our attention...

oh and the problem with the stupid ammo stack thing is you take 10 "shots" of flame ammo, and get 1 "shot" of fuel, it doesn't make any sense, and the only difference is it is missing some pieces, and you have to sit there and get them one at a time, you can't buy the 30 ammo you need for the bomb at once cause you can't make three things of liquid fuel, you can only make one, or if you try to split it into three stacks of ten, you get three stacks of useless for tradeskill ammo, I mean come on this isn't exactly game breaking to have to spend 240 credits instead of 80 for something you won't do more than once in the life of the character, its just a nuisance

Originally posted by Intra

oh well... hey, wheres Cosmik these days?
    /me leaves a trail of badly designed shirts hoping to lure cosmik to the fixer board too
    Yummy!
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

Originally posted by Cz

Cz
    Well there seem to be controversial answers on this one (splitting stacks of revitalizing serum). Our Doc complained/petitioned on this and a GM told him, that this was not intentional and was going to be fixed.
    You say it *is* intentional.
    If you should be right (and I hope not in this case) - then it will make this tradeskill even less valuable than it already is. Who wants to buy self-made heal-kits, if they a) make you blind b) the wait-time is longer than with bought ones and c) they cost is about 10 times more (just the production cost, without any gain whatsoever for the Doc)???

Now Funcom seems to be trying to make up for the fact that they left the Unique item change out of their 13.6 patch notes by putting it in the 13.8 patch notes as a new change. I assume that Funcom did a review of all unique items before instituting this so that they would avoid problems of things like Flurry of Blows and IP Rings still being unique? Naahhhhh....

Scorus

Missing loot/items

Something else I've discovered since the latest patch(es):

Carriers can't be bought anymore.
    Vehicles drop fewer (??) as chest-loot in missions than before.
    Arul Saba Gems don't drop at all anymore as loot from mobs.

Is it only me who has noticed these things???
    Or have we just been extremely lucky before in our guild and now the luck turned - I'm fine with it if it's like that - curious minds want to know however, if these things are still in the game as items to be bought/looted.

A few of things about stacks.

1. I use one of the blisterpacks. Now I've got 9 unhackable packs. Annoying, but I can see why it's ended up that way (given that before, when I hacked individual packs, I got a stack full of the original number. IE a stack of 10 gave me 100 hacked packs, a stack of 11 gave me 121 hacked packs...)

2. A stack of 11 gives the same xp as a stack of 10 of the same QL.

3. Blisterpacks are splitable, but not stackable. So if I split one pack off, attempt to hack it, go, "Oh, I guess I need the full stack," and try to reassemble the stack... it doesn't work. You know, I never understood the point of having separate splitable/stackable markers on items. If you can split a stack, you should be able to reassemble it, and vice versa. Remove 'splittable' and have 'stackable' work for both. This'd also mean you could buy 50 healthpacks from the store, then another 50, and still have a pile of 100 at the end, which is mildly annoying.

4. You now need to use three Essences of Pure Jealoousy per Aggression Enhancer, rather than just one for one. Fortunately, Essences both split and stack.

And what the UNIQUE thing has done is, incidentally, make MA attacks a pain to gat ahold of. I don't get why they're unique, though NODROP I understand. (Hey, it's knowledge! How am I supposed to sell knowledge of an attack to a terminal?) A good martial artist knows how to vary the strength of an attack depending on the situation, and this would be reflected by allowing varying QLs of MA attack in the inventory/bags.
    Albea Naosuko Welding
    Mistress of Propaganda for The Honored Maidens
    "If I had a dollar for every time that happened... I'd have $3.50."

Aliases:
    Naosuko, NT, RK1
    Esselte, MA, RK1
    Albea, Trader, RK1 (Retired)

Socializer 86%
    Explorer 60%
    Achiever 46%
    Killer 6%

also.... bot shells!!!!!!!! grrr...

Temporary Slayer Droid Shell

what??? It dissappears if i dont use it within like 30 seconds of summoning the shell why? It is a unique as well so you cant have back up bot shells anyway. So why make it vanish in 30 seconds of the cast????
    Biffatnugly 200 Enforcer
    ->Stats 150 Engineer
    Jadeivy 98 Doctor
    Jamms 40 Keeper
    Zipsky 20 Martial-Artist

You guys are still doing it! Have you not learned?!

This recent "server side fix" has slipped in another nerf.

Missions are now noticably bigger after the "fix". Not too much, but after farming as many tokens as I have I can really tell these are bigger than the norm.

I didn't think much of it at first until a friend mentioned how his missions got bigger since the serve downtime.

STOP THE SILENT NERFS!

Maybe this is just another glitch in the coding, but with all the undoccumented things you throw at us we really don't know what is a bug to be reported.

*sigh*

So... let's see... heavy weapons and full-auto are useless to me now after maxing them for 100 levels for the weapon-switching tactic (otherwise known as "staying alive while sometimes saving the butt of the aggro'd doc or NT, but not anything to hugely overpower me"). I just love wasting IP.

Well meka, they never intended you to switch weapons for an alpha strike.

You might notice that those weapons with massive amounts of specials tend to have low damage... This is called balance.
    If you want to have access to alpha strike you will need to get a gun that supports them all and take the penatlies it has over the gun with less specials.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123