Thread: Mobs Still Chain-Casting!

Mobs Still Chain-Casting!

Just in case someone thought that this old bug reintroduced in 13.6 had been fixed, it hasn't!

Scorus

It's weird, sometimes it happens a lot, and then you don't notice it for a while. But...

Since my main is a meta right now, I use the break root bug (I know, I know -- an "exploit"). But as soon as I break the root, it's back on me again. No wind up, nothing. So it's root, break, root, break. Insta-cast extraordinaire. I'd love to have the nano init of these mobs.

My nano resist is poor, and I'm working on that when I hit caps, but a lot of level 150+ tell me it doesn't even work. ARGH. Unfortunately, beefing up nano resist seems like the only way to alleviate these insta-cast mobs for the time being.
    Babette, Frenetic, Misophist, Yardleigh.
    "I am the queen of France!!!"

Rejected.
    Ah, L'Amour!
    Bitter Films

No, I max out Nano Resistance and never resist a casting. Mobs seem to have maxed out health, nano pool, all initiatives, all nano skills and all combat skills. And on top of that they can attack while casting nanos and seemingly cast multiple very long nanos at the same time. I was hit by three long-casting NT nanos simultaneously yesterday. Wish I could say they are the worst exploiters in the game, though.

Scorus

It's not fixed in 13.82 either, FYI.

Is this...

...in missions, or in the field, or both?

In missions a reasonably easy way to get rid of the over-nanoed mobs is to set the phys/myst slider all the way to phys. You still get some casting but it's nowhere near as ridiculous as if you leave the slider in the middle. Mobs really appear to have infinite nano pools. Luckily their casting AI is terrible, half the time they spend time casting and re-casting root nanos when I'm already beating the crap out of them and have no intentions of running off.

I suppose the higher level you are the more inevitable the chain casting mobs are, so my advice may be of no use to you. But it did seem to help when I was running into this after the patch.
    The doctor is not responsible for filing your insurance claim forms. Please see the front desk for further assistance.

You know it's not the chain casting so much....

...but what really ****s me off no end is the chain casting of 3-4 nanos AND hitting 1-2 times sometimes three ALL AT THE SAME TIME!

I hit
    mob cast root
    mob casts dot
    mob cast movemetn debuff
    mobs shoots you 114
    mob shoots you 114
    mob cast root
    ..oh time for me to get another hit in...

rinse and gd frign repeat!

thx flurry (not bugged part) 700 melee init and the above STILL happens!

chain casting is one thing but this is gd frign unbelievable!

Re: You know it's not the chain casting so much....

Originally posted by Darkblood
    ...but what really ****s me off no end is the chain casting of 3-4 nanos AND hitting 1-2 times sometimes three ALL AT THE SAME TIME!

I hit
    mob cast root
    mob casts dot
    mob cast movemetn debuff
    mobs shoots you 114
    mob shoots you 114
    mob cast root
    ..oh time for me to get another hit in...

rinse and gd frign repeat!

thx flurry (not bugged part) 700 melee init and the above STILL happens!

chain casting is one thing but this is gd frign unbelievable!
    This is reality. This needs to be fixed. Why even have a statistic, "Nano Resistance," if it's not going to help? I have only *ONCE* countered a hostile Nano prog, even against a green/yellow, and I always have it maxed out IP-wise. NPC casters are too powerful, period.

Re: Re: You know it's not the chain casting so much....

Originally posted by Bronto_Cowboy
    This is reality. This needs to be fixed. Why even have a statistic, "Nano Resistance," if it's not going to help? I have only *ONCE* countered a hostile Nano prog, even against a green/yellow, and I always have it maxed out IP-wise. NPC casters are too powerful, period.
    I have recently heard that Psychic is not adding to Nano Resistance, if that is the case then that is probably what is behind the complete ineffectiveness of Nano Resistance. Unfortunately Funcom continues to be silent on this and almost every other issue.

Scorus

Lvl 170, maxed abilities including psy and int, maxed nano resist, and i think i throwed in a couple ql200 implants, anyway i ran a lvl 90 mission for a fried i resisted nada, i ran aql120ish mission for a nano i needed i resisted nada! i went with my guild to Steps of madness, spent 3 hours in there to get coats for people who needed them in those 3 hours against mobs that drop ql 20ish or so loot i resisted the grand total of 1 (one) nanospell!!!

NANO RESIST DOES NOT WORK, PERIODE!