Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why isn't enough being done to Exploiters?

Laeni, Milo is NOT RISK FREE and CAN MOVE. Evilglitch is just a nonsense spamming hate monger.
    Frelo - Level 29 Fixer (and loving every minute of it)

Anahata - Level 110 Solitus Trader
    Khephra - Level 6 Solitus Engineer
    Zaum - Level 8 Nanomage MP
    Merkaba715 - Level 50 Nanomage NT (Sleeping till NT's are fixed)
    Dimholt - Level 10 Atrox Enforcer
    Omni
    Rubi-Ka 1

'The only ones that see the end of war are the dead' - Plato

A few things to say about this thread..

exploiting is bad. Its just not how the game was
    originally meant to be played. But if the people
    who made the game, don't fix the exploits after
    numerous reports or find a way to fix it efficiently,
    then its no longer an exploit. Its just a lack of
    attention from funcom. Its like this, govt tells you
    you cant, do something. Now they might not want
    you to do this something for various reasons... but
    If they really wanted for you not to do it, they would
    enforce their laws. I.e national military or money
    for local police. And when they don't try to enforce,
    its almost like them saying, "oh its not good thing
    to do so dont do it." Yah right no one will listen.

So I say, go for it. If after this mob in trade has been
    reported for being a possible exploit, and after
    awhile, Funcom doesn't do anything about it, tell
    the whole world about it. It's almost like l0pht..if anyone
    is old enough to remember them. Of course now they
    are called something else..Its no longer the problem
    of the players if Funcom won't fix their own coding
    errors.

Secondly, Milo is a risk free exploit. If your smart enough,
    you can kill him with no exp loss. Its always a gain,
    even if you do die its a gain. And you don't even have
    to exploit to know why this is even the case. All you
    have to do is look at the layout of the city. Duh.

But of course last time I heard, he did 10k damage. Or
    something like that. I've always found that its
    far easier to make more exp doing high level missions
    than it is to camp a mob. Some of you might make the
    argument about save terminals, ya that is true. But if
    you know yourself, and how your team works, and
    have a general feel for how the mission works, you
    wont lost alot of exp when you die. At least not alot.

Exclamation erm......

Merkaba, you (or rather the fixer in your team- or both) must be SO braindead..... How the HELL can you say that Milo is risk free - theres a MF save point in spitting distance. Not only are you people too lazy to find a spawn, but you are too lazy to scan ?!?!

It is risk free.... there is a SAVE POINT.... or have you never encountered one of these..... If you dont know WTF you are talking about - go play Solitare....
    Variety is the ****E of life!

Yup

Originally posted by Merkaba715
    Bethany and Evilglitch, get a f-ing life. You rants are childish and disshonest. If you want to get in these forums and start a thread, please make sure you have accurate information before you start cramming your bull**** down everyone's throats. Milo is definitely not risk free. If you think so, ask the fixer in our group last night, he got whacked 5 times and lost over 500k in xp.

It's called jealousy. They cant handle the fact that people level faster than they do. Thats all. No need to even give this thread more consideration.

Thanks and goodnight.
    Shattered Dreams
    http://www.shattereddreams.org

Ok, I am willing accept I may be wrong about Milo moving. I have never seen him move, nor have I ever been given the chance to try to see if he can move. All the Engineer and Meta pets kill him in under 10 seconds and I have never found him uncamped in order to test it first hand. How could I know for sure if he can or can not move?

I do know that he never *does* move. He never lasts more than 10 seconds. And I have never seen him hit another player. Not once out of the 60 or so times I have seen him killed (I can't escape the damage message spam when going through 20k)

The fact still remains, it's 50k xp every 3-5 minutes with zero risk of dieing.

Re: Yup

Originally posted by JackSwift

It's called jealousy. They cant handle the fact that people level faster than they do. Thats all. No need to even give this thread more consideration.

Thanks and goodnight.
    If that were the case I would be joining them in the free no risk xp.

To think such a thing you must be one of those players lacking in social skills, using such loop holes to make your character level higher thinking it will get you respect and admiration.

Originally posted by EvilGlitch
    Ok, I am willing accept I may be wrong about Milo moving. I have never seen him move, nor have I ever been given the chance to try to see if he can move. All the Engineer and Meta pets kill him in under 10 seconds and I have never found him uncamped in order to test it first hand. How could I know for sure if he can or can not move?

I do know that he never *does* move. He never lasts more than 10 seconds. And I have never seen him hit another player. Not once out of the 60 or so times I have seen him killed (I can't escape the damage message spam when going through 20k)

The fact still remains, it's 50k xp every 3-5 minutes with zero risk of dieing.
    uhh... excuse me?... I've seen him run right past my pet and wack me for 1kish damage before wacking me again back to the reclaim... Milo most certainly does move... either way it doesnt matter cause I can make EXP faster in a mission than i can off milo... the problem is im so ****ing sick of missions i could puke and milo is doable without having to find a good group to do those missions (not easy on off peak times on rk2.)

I don't have any friends in hogg but personally I don't have anything at all against them. They've never disputed or claimed ownership of any NPC i've camped alongside them nor have they done things to get people doing something other than leeching EXP killed. In fact i'm pretty sure we've exchanged buffs in these situations.

And yes... i've /pet attackpet chat "Yes master let me kill it!" and watched a dozen grey/greens instantly attack thinking my pet would pull aggro anyways... sorry i don't mind other people but a dozen greys that drop instantly and dont contribute enough damage to cut down on my team's nanochargers are just a parasite that's eating half the exp from the mob.
    Last edited by Tetra; Feb 23rd, 2002 at 09:32:57.

Did someone say lvl 60 in one day?

Hehe well thats not as bad as someone finding a away to get to level 160 within that ;/
    And he does that to make a trader for money nt for imps etc.

Anyway...
    Last night I got from about lvl 8 to 17. In a small time space.
    This is with 3 twinked characters.
    2 sol and my brother was an nt doing area dmg killing blood reets in box loads :P

But 60, sheesh..I wish i could find people willing to play 24hrs non stop.

Anyone?

Originally posted by Merkaba715
    Laeni, Milo is NOT RISK FREE and CAN MOVE. Evilglitch is just a nonsense spamming hate monger.
    Well ok but that actually wasn't the point I was making. I was saying DON'T tell people about an exploit, it just increases the number of exploiters.
    Anastasia "Aniee" Cervenak
    Martial Artist

Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to. -------Mark Twain

Originally posted by Laeni

Well ok but that actually wasn't the point I was making. I was saying DON'T tell people about an exploit, it just increases the number of exploiters.
    And also dilutes the gains. What would you rather have a small group of dishonest players quietly enjoying their exploit which goes unnoticed for months. Or a whole bunch gathering attention stepping on each others feet and pissing one another off?

Thumbs up

Something needs to be done about exploiters...

So I would suggest 2 solutions, one fo IP and one for treatment and other equipment exploits.

IP exploiters:
    Calculate how much IP an player would have needed to raise his skills to the current amount.
    Then remove that amount from the totaly earned amount of IP based you your level. The effect of this might be that your new availible amount of IP might be -89223, aka you have to level a bunch of times before you can spend any new IP.
    This wouldn't affect normal players at all. But for those that have exploited, they would have a bit of a problem.
    This will also solve the missing IP due to bugs and crashes.

Treatment + more:
    Deequip all equipment from the player and place it in bags, if inv full place in reclaim. The problem with this is that it affects all players, and for those that used buffs and implant stepping, they will have a hard time getting those in again.
    But with a good head warning this can be handled. aka
    "Remember with 14.2, your char will be deequiped. So remember to logout in a safe location"
    It still will be a pain, but this is the only way to fix that once and for all.

This will also solve the latest Comp. Lit. exploit problem!
    Last edited by Dhurdahl; Feb 25th, 2002 at 12:27:43.
    Dhur the Ninja Pirate NT!

Its drifting off-topic but automatic de-equipping is not going to be practical unless you give months and months of warning because there will always be characters that will be caught out. The suggested on-command IP reset however is quite workable because each player character chooses the moment themselves.

hum....

The point is that people shouldn-t be able to choose such a moment. Those that have exploited simply won't do it then.

And the IP suggestion wasn't a reset of the skills to 0. The skill would still be a whatever the skill was before, just the amount availible would be changed.
    It was to correct the IP exploiters and IP for those that lost it due to bugs.

And several months are just BS a single month, aka 2 patches away would be more then enough time!!
    Dhur the Ninja Pirate NT!

"The Froglok king just spawned."

>everyone stands up and kills him<

"Good job, let's sit until he comes back."

Can't IMAGINE anything more boring, and wonder why the people who waste their gaming time doing this ever left EQ, now THAT'S a game where you can sit and do essentially nothing.

JS
    Jonathon@aquetatis.com
    Lieutenant Antoine "Yorimitsu" Stritzke
    Division 3: Omni Reclamation
    Special Forces lead the way!
    OMNIpotent, OMNIscient, OMNIpresent

Originally posted by Dhurdahl
    And several months are just BS a single month, aka 2 patches away would be more then enough time!! [/B]
    Characters are kept on the database for 4? months after an account is closed and many people take playing holidays of over a month. Why penalise players who have spent all their cash legitimately getting implanted and equipped just to catch exploiters? There has to be a better solution.

I've no arguement at all with your IP solution. If players have managed to get unearned IP then they deserve to lose it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12