Thread: A note on the state of Rubi-Ka (from a player perspective)

Exclamation A note on the state of Rubi-Ka (from a player perspective)

First off, this entire letter is about one of my least favorite things on Anarchy Online: The way the players act on the forums. First off, this isn't all of you, one in a million voices an actual concern. The rest of you sound like babies.... first off: "I'm unhappy with the treatment of issue x which only helps exploiters and over-equippers so I'm cancelling my account".... this sounds incredibly like: "waaaahhhhh this isn't being done the way I want it so I'm gonna quit because I don't understand the concept of majority rule."
    FunCom has done a rather remarkable job with the game all things considered.... I started play at launch, paying $49.95 for the software and then $12.95 a month to keep playing. Now, you pay $19.95, then $12.95, which is less than: Asheron's Call (39.95+29.95 = $69.90 + $9.95 a month), Dark Ages of Camelot ($39.95 + $9.95 a month), or Everquest ($29.95 + 29.95 = $59.90 + $9.95 a month). Nobody has had to purchase an update... but with each patch, they actually add new material and fix things.
    Another example of the endless blathering of players is the new token rules applied in the next patch. People got sick of having to do one thousand missions to get all the boards. Everyone I have talked to seems to like the idea of getting a number of tokens reciprocal to their level, and/or title. And any NERFs I hear about are made so there isn't exploiting and over-equipping.... yet everyone who doesn't like them says it helps those people and hurts casual gamers. Look, pick one, stop asking for a fair playing field and then complaining when that playing field hurts you. Please give credit where credit is due, look at the bonuses instead of the faults... this isn't a forum for complaints it's a forum for comments, the words are not synonymous.
    ~ NinjaSpyke

While I do agree that the tone of these boards is often times very negative, that's the nature of the beast. I seriously doubt that FC themselves put up this forum expecting a big pat on the back.

Imho, FC has brought the complaints upon themselves. The game DOES have issues which need to be adressed. The problem is with the lack of feedback we get. An insightful comment or observation will quickely turn to complaints when there is no response after months of disscussion.

Being an NT, I'll use them as an example.

We have many legitemate issues concerning our class (as do most classes, I simply us NT's as an example because I know NT's best.) These topics have been brought up and discussed many times, and many ideas, some bad, some good, have been offered.
    Yet we don't seem to get any feedback what so ever. This is frustrating, and people start to get more demanding, and negative with thier posts.

I honestly believe that consistent feedback from a FC employee would really mellow out these boards. Yes, we'd still have the children looking for a chance to flame, but the majority would be happy. It's extremely frustrating to be ignored.
    182 NT

Calming is just a hobby I dabble in, my real passion is blowing stuff up.

Re: A note on the state of Rubi-Ka (from a player perspective)

Originally posted by Ninja Spyke
    The rest of you sound like babies.... first off: "I'm unhappy with the treatment of issue x which only helps exploiters and over-equippers so I'm cancelling my account".... this sounds incredibly like: "waaaahhhhh this isn't being done the way I want it so I'm gonna quit because I don't understand the concept of majority rule."
    It "sounds incredibly like" it and yet it still isn't that. Instead it is someone pointing out a facet of the game which made the game so unenjoyable they quit. As someone who has been in customer service for his whole career, I want to know what about my product makes people quit using it. That doesn't mean I will change it just because one person didn't like it, but I need that kind of feedback to understand how best to develop and market my product.

Therefore they are much more useful than posts which label another poster a 'whiner' just because you don't feel the problem is as bad as they do.

Scorus

It's not that I want to say people saying why they quit are whiners... it's the people that threaten to quit every time that there is a change you don't like, and I agree there needs to be more feedback, but maybe we as players need to figure out a way to force this issue with FC... their game is very flawed in some ways... but Maybe a petition or something...that will get us the feedback we deserve... players unite! Oh how optomistic