Thread: Engie+Crat = pet bugs

Engie+Crat = pet bugs

Several times I have found that my engineer pet will not respond normally and believe it only happens when in a team with a Bureaucrat. I also have seen MP's in the team complain of similar problems. Here is a list:

> Bot will not respond immediately to attack commands. Often will not respond untill the npc has been killed by the rest of the team then replies, finally, No I will not attack myself.

>Bot will not autoattack like usual if you are attacked. Will stand there and watch you die and not do anything to help unless told to attack and response time is extremely slow. (see above)

>Bot will not return to your side after an npc it has killed or helped kill has died. Will just stand there apparently studying the remains? If it is any distance away you have to go find it and tell it to follow you after each fight. Also very slow response again.

>Bot seems to get lost following you and just stops moving, you have to go back and tell it to follow several times before it will respond and may get lost again. On a long run this is extremely annoying.

>In missions the bot never seems to know where you are, gets lost very easily and gets stuck on doorways constantly or traps itself in a corner trying to get to you. (yes, even worse than normal bad pathing)

>If the Crat in the team has an npc "charmed" then all of the above problems are even worse. Response time to commands are even longer, sometimes won't respond at all for a couple of minutes.

And no, there was no chat lag at the times I have experienced these problems. Immediately after leaving the team the Bot goes back to responding like normal. Has anyone else run into this? Or have anything to add?

I could cought when i see that no one is interested in that thematic anymore really...

Nice done FC you got your head out of this.. Ignore it and it will get forgotten or given up...

nice really

Unhappy True

Well what can I say - i'm really disheartened by this bug. Most of my friends on rubika 1 are engineers and I can team with them AND use my charm nanos because they all lost control of their bots! Its just not fair to have a crat that cant charm seeing as their bots are blatently weaker and less hard hitting than engineer ones - come on funcom please fix this - /tell Suarve in game if you need to know details about the bug - but from what i've been hearing, you already know exactly what is wrong.

Yours hopefully

Suarve

You don't have to be in a team with a 'crat for those issues to arrise.

You just have to be in the area.

Whenever someone charmed that life-bleeder over at NW mines in lush my bot would go haywire.

Only time i've seen my pet go bonkers is when an NPV casts the fear nano on him - he starts tunning away and away... never seen it happen from a friend.... and I have teamed with a crat a couple of times in the new patch....
    -----
    "NT's can't over equip armor beyond implants and general buffs (no insane Intelligence or Psychic buffs) and can't overequip weapons since they use direct-damage, damage-over-time and nanoformula methods that require your actually stats and buffs to be active for you to use them. Don't complain about us being powerful when you obviously haven't even played one past level 100. NT's - the original red-headed stepchild of Anarchy Online." - Zaal

Post I reported this in another thread 3 days ago and.....

Hi,

I reported this to FC three days ago and there is another thread on this one also which I started then.... Glad to see others reporting it now...

Before I reported it, I did my best to isolate this issue. Basically if you are in a group and someone casts the charm nano, anyone with a bot looses control of the bot - period.

The group I was in did some testing on this to verify. And we did confirm it. The only way around it right now is for the charm caster to LEAVE the group right away and then rejoin the group. You will find that once he/she leaves the group, all bot control returns immediately.

This bug cost the group I was in some major exp that day thus the reason we took the time to figure out what was going on. I personally lost almost 400k of exp due to this bug before figuring out what was happening. Once we did isolate it, none of us lost any more and the person who was casting charm was good enough to stop using it due to this.

Take it light!

Malakie