Thread: Capturing Land...

Lightbulb Capturing Land...

I hear talk that funcom is cosidering adding the abi.lities for orgs to capture land like outposts and what not. Is this in consideration for the next patch or how far off is this? I have heard many complain abut this but I must say I think it will be a very welcome feature!! I for one would love to lead my clan to overthrow an oupost and claim it as our home. Then we would have a place to call home wnad we could defend it from invaders and what not something to take pride in and protect for our own!! I think this will add a whole new level of gameplay and really add to the realism of the civil war that rages on Rubi-Ka! I for one look forward to the day when this is implemented and say GOOD JOB to those who thought thi one up!!

I dont think the intention has ever been for individual guilds to affect ownership...I always understood it was going to be zones changing from OT to Clan or vice versa...all within the storyline.
    Commander Barron
    Prime Director: Omni-1 Operations
    2nd in Command
    Division 9 [R.S.G.E]
    barron@rsge.net
    Click Here to Visit the ALL NEW Division 9 Website

This is something that many of us would like to see. This is the one feature that would probably have the most significant impact on game dynamics.

Right now, there doesnt seem like too much to fight over. If territory could be captured, we could spend time capturing and defending territory and who knows what else.

I hope to see this feature sooner than later. Things are a bit dull on Rubi Ka IMO and this would certainly make things pick up.

Altaire

I too think this would be a great feature. Right now we're just supposed to dislike the other side, give us a forum for this dislike, let us WAR with one another!

Talking

I hope they don't forget giving neutrals the ability to capture outposts/zones as well

one problem is if you "capture" land in 75% zone you can't defend it

Zax, you are think of DAoC...

Funcom isnt competent enough to do anything as creative as guild wars.

The ability to capture things, in whatever way it will come, is listed in the in progress list, but it says it won't come until summer.
    *poof*

Finally free from this nightmare!

Talking I love this idea ^^

Meaningful pvp. This would bring a lot more spark back into game for me. I really hope funcom takes their time in planning this out. I like see some battles spark over guilds for outpost.

Not possible for Guild ownership!!

It is not possible and/or plausible for a guild to overthrough an Out Post.

Let's say that you could do so as an individual clan..... How would you be able to defend this land at ALL times, are you sayin that your clan has (let's say) 30 people on at all times to sit in your OP and defend it. The facts are that it is not possible unless you make your clan forget about the Real World (not the MTV show) and sit in a small area without makin money and doin missions while you wait for someone to try and take your land.......

Another aspect... how would you claim ownership other than who has the most people sittin in the area, jsut like it was said before me how would you fend off others if the suppression feild was at 75%?

Here is how it is gonna work........... Areas are gonna shift in ownership between clan and Omni and let's not forget those neuters (not the Atrox) So....... Harry's for instance may be overtrown and taken by Omni-tech then what do ya know here comes the Clan to strike back and take it over..............

This is still gonna be a great feature, let's just hope that they do it like this.........

A message will be sent to al sides

<< Calling all "Clanners" to Harry's...... A battle is being waged and we need to act fast. Go now to Harry's and fight side by side with your fellow brethren and fend off Omni-tech and win us another peice of our home land.....good luck and best wishes>>

Of coarse the message will be changed to fit the side it is bein sent to.......hmm i may just have to talk to the developers >
    Last edited by Sariac; Feb 18th, 2002 at 15:00:45.

reply to Zeroshift

It is possible to plan a guild war but the guilds themselves need to plan it and send an E-mail to Funcom....... (not sure to which address..... have to look it up) You can sent them an email and they can make it possible for a few guilds to wage war in town........... I HAVE SEEN THIS DONE...... except it was just a single guild having an internal battle

So why don't you get your clan organized and plan this out, it isn't that hard.... find another clan that you dispise and take them out

what if..

You capture an Outpost, and when it is "officially captured" your own side's soldiers are manning it.

Means that you dont have to defend it at all times, because it is already defended by the base's soldiers.

And whenever the base is loosing maybe x number of defenders the guild will be notified and they can go and defend it (probably gonna be a bit late.. but thats fun isnt it? :-)

Chtuga

chtunga, that would kick ass.

OMG

Chtuga, i think you should write this down (cut and paste) and send this idea into Funcom and "maybe" they could figure it out and make this work....

That is one hell of an idea

SEND IT IN : D

maybe

Well I think the idea need a bit more work..

Neutrals shouldnt get this oportunity.. as they are neutral in the conflict and are not in the conflict..

How do you fully capture an outpost? and if 2 guilds does, who wins?

There must be maybe a "switch" inside a "command bunker" heavily guarded and it can only be used if all enemy soldiers are dead otherwise the other sides soldiers cannot appear there.

And the guards on the outpost - I think the guards should respawn with exactly same "level range and types" as they used to be on other side.

Maybe let there be a set number of outpost in the game, and have the status beeing shown on these outposts everytime one logs in? just like 40 clan outpost, 50 omni-tek outposts.
    this way you get a focus on these outposts and the waging war and let people see the importanceof them..
    a way to let the war be a bit more visible for all those who logs in and just kills normal mobs..

I think a bit more suggestions and errors in the suggestions is whats needed, and I hope an administrator or game designer pops in and see :-)

Chtuga