Thread: MA's get damage boost. Nice, but...

Thumbs up MA's get damage boost. Nice, but...

... please do the same for fast, low-damage weapons ? In the same patch ? I feel kinda useless when I do 12 damage every hit, with QL65 weapons. Or enforcers who chose the 1hb route and do about the same with QL100+ weapons (yes I've seen those.... about 12 damage every hit at level 75+... and you thought MAs had a problem)

Post what?

Are you soldier or enforcer? You must be doing something wrong. In all my career as a ma on RK1 ive seen enforcers/soldiers my same lvl outnumber my damage by the multiple. Never seen anyone, actually, doing less than ma. I'm like in a joyfull buzz everytime I get 1200 brawl at lvl 80...... the rest is 100-200 and a LOT of 60 and even brawls down to 3! Yes, really, ask any other ma he'll tell you the same

I am VERY exited about the new patch... it will hopefully bring the ma closer to a competetiv stage, we will never be uber thats for sure. But, I dont really want that either. Just doing mission would be fun
    Gengjin 200 ma clan RK1
    Warpus 77 engi clan RK1
    Hottendot 55 doc clan RK1
    Neurosilence 91 NT clan RK1
    Noonie 46 fixer RK1

Then you haven't seen an enforcer wielding maces (you know, the weapon that the enforcer starts out with), and haven't been grouping a lot with adventurers (I play adv among others).

Anyway I'm happy for MAs but I hope they do the same to us poor advs so my QL65 weapons actually do QL65 damage

Well, they are reducing the AC of humanoid mobs, so there will be at least a small boost.

Will probably not be enough, but at least now we know they can/will/are doing something about the min damage-weapons.
    *poof*

Finally free from this nightmare!

Thumbs down Blessed with Thunder changes?

The patch notes release include the following regarding MA :

"Blessed with Thunder has been modified slightly. The data for the DoT part of BwT has been changed to correspond with the damage it was actually inflicting - so, the complete damage has not been changed at all. The damage shield segment has been slightly changed and will result in it no longer being possible to stack this aspect of BwT."

Does that mean that we will not be able to stack BwT on a monster anymore? It's the only thing that unables me to actually kill mobs in missions.

Post Little math about BwT...

I dont know about you, but I use a BwT in the ql80ish range. This one gives almsot every time 211 damage. If you add that to the bunch of minimums and pathetic brawls <10 you dont get really that much damage done.

If things work as I hope, we will see more crits and less minimums. If crits are in the range 1000-1300 (for me), then one extra crit easely replaces the whole BwT! Really... think about it... one more crit, and BwT would be "obsolete". Maybe a strange way of looking at it.

In addition we will see less minimum damage. I for one, dont really care if they "fix" BwT now, as long as the crits increase as well as minimum damage... omg... damage at last! heheh
    Gengjin 200 ma clan RK1
    Warpus 77 engi clan RK1
    Noonie 46 fixer RK1

No, the actual damage dealing part of BwT is still the same. It's just that they will change the damage shield (which I had no idea about until previously).

And unless you find another special that is better, BwT will not be worthless. It deals just as much now as before.

At least this is how I interpreted it, and how I hope it will work.
    *poof*

Finally free from this nightmare!

Post I agree

Thats how I interpreted it as well, i'm just painting the worst kind of scenario and still we would probably come out with the upper hand if crits increase as well as general damage output!

Very exited... cant wait and see...
    Gengjin 200 ma clan RK1
    Warpus 77 engi clan RK1
    Noonie 46 fixer RK1

Quote Neutrox "I'm like in a joyfull buzz everytime I get 1200 brawl at lvl 80...... the rest is 100-200 and a LOT of 60 and even brawls down to 3! Yes, really, ask any other ma he'll tell you the same. "

I really dont get this my minimum damage is 96 I think, and I am level 66 - take away my two meele rings and you get 82 as minimum damage. and yes I am using fist live as good as it gets for level +11 I think that would make 71 with strengt boost its 70 still 10 points difference in minimum damage; and No I am not twinked to hell and back with implants - think I got Q50ish in all slots or there about. Now you minimum damage sound REALLY low, I am not saying you are doing anything wrong just that it seems our experiences differ on the damage area. Perhaps you have bet on a different way, if you are doing meele then the patch most certainly will not help you besides the AC of NPC mobs. As far as I can tell all MA changes are centered around MA skills.
    Last edited by Lwiz; Feb 16th, 2002 at 13:49:50.
    --
    Lwiz, MA and still dancing the minimum-damage-ring - until Patch 13.8 I hope
    Fleshwall, Enforcer doing 2hand egde for a change, and a lot of aggro
    Tamare, Trader by nature - radient looks

Re: MA's get damage boost. Nice, but...

Originally posted by reality
    ... please do the same for fast, low-damage weapons ? In the same patch ? I feel kinda useless when I do 12 damage every hit, with QL65 weapons. Or enforcers who chose the 1hb route and do about the same with QL100+ weapons (yes I've seen those.... about 12 damage every hit at level 75+... and you thought MAs had a problem)
    I don't know what you mean about enforcers doing lame damage, but I'm all for upping MA-oriented weapons' damage range.

Please consider this.
    Something big's going on outside, and we're all too smashed to do anything about it...

Post Hmm.. I am based on melee...

Lwiz: stats on my lvl 80 character which I have experience brawls a lot really under 10 points damage, not much on the standard melee, that drops to maybe 60 minimum.
    Stats are str 271, agi 250 unbuffed, maybe a little week on sense/psychic, both around 210. My brawl skill is 569 buffed and ma skill is 539 buffed. Having 2300k ac on three main. I am also using a, low level, melee ring that adds 7 melee damage as well as using fist of shocking touch which is low lvl.

The strange thing is that I have started using sadness of the willow which is supposed to add 51 (or 52) to all melee damage. This was active the last time I got 3 for brawl damage, I made absolutly sure it was active because I was shocked. It has happened quite a few times but not in every fight, maybe every 5-10 mob or something like that, in addition to lost brawls (parry on mob).

My crit brawl is 1336, highest Ive had, melee crit has been 570 or so... not quite sure.

So, all in all, its pretty weird... it shouldnt happen at all
    Gengjin 200 ma clan RK1
    Warpus 77 engi clan RK1
    Noonie 46 fixer RK1

Well I got the following stats:
    str 214
    agi 233
    sta 204
    int 204
    sen 204
    psy 214
    MA 353 (445 buffed)
    Brawl 337 (382 buffed)
    using:
    muscle stim (+12 str +1 meele)
    Fists of shocking Touch (+11 meele)
    Meele Ring +8
    Meele Ring +6
    and of course all the other standard buffs (AC, Sub Guide)
    Now as I said I dont do under 90ish in meele damage, brawl I cant remember will test tonight and get back to you on that if U want - send me a tell ingame if it is
    --
    Lwiz, MA and still dancing the minimum-damage-ring - until Patch 13.8 I hope
    Fleshwall, Enforcer doing 2hand egde for a change, and a lot of aggro
    Tamare, Trader by nature - radient looks

I think when he refers to enforcers doing low damage, he's talking about enforcers who use faster, lower damage weapons. Enforcers with beams or hammers don't have this problem because they use high damage weapons, and so they aren't as penalized by high AC targets. Enforcers who use weapons with greater damage but higher speed tend to do poor damage, the same as MAs.

Re: Blessed with Thunder changes?

Originally posted by Novalee
    The patch notes release include the following regarding MA :

"Blessed with Thunder has been modified slightly. The data for the DoT part of BwT has been changed to correspond with the damage it was actually inflicting - so, the complete damage has not been changed at all. The damage shield segment has been slightly changed and will result in it no longer being possible to stack this aspect of BwT."

Does that mean that we will not be able to stack BwT on a monster anymore? It's the only thing that unables me to actually kill mobs in missions.
    I don't know if you were aware of this or not, but not only does BwT damage your opponet, it creates a damage sheild around you. Currently if you use BwT back to back the first damage sheild you gain from BwT stacks with the second and so on, as long as you keep chaining BwT, you keep stacking a damge sheild on yourself. That is the part they are fixing. The damage is unchanged.

No I didn't know about that Ultra, that explains a lot now. Thanks for the info

Re: Re: MA's get damage boost. Nice, but...

Originally posted by Leo Nomis

I don't know what you mean about enforcers doing lame damage, but I'm all for upping MA-oriented weapons' damage range.

Please consider this.

Enforcers wielding weapons like maces or protector executioners. I've seen those around, and I don't think either feels very useful...

Changing the AC calculation from a Flat Reduction in Damage to a Percentage Reduction in Damage would fix high rate of fire/low damage weapons.