Thread: Surviving the pumkin head creatures

Smile Surviving the pumkin head creatures

It was getting late and feeling tired I wanted to return to my home in Borealis. Gathering my things from the ruins at The Long Road my stomach began to cramp up and my palms began to sweat. I had the disturbing feeling that I was being watched through the surrounding forest. Never feeling this before I was curious to see what was there. This was the biggest mistake of the day.
    Walking closer to the edge of the forest I could barely make out a figure. “Hello?” I managed to squeak out. No reply. I try again “who’s there?” Again no reply. I creep closer to the figure. The figure comes into focus. The creature must have been seven feet high carrying a gleaming scythe. Atop its shoulders rested an unholy burning pumpkin with an evil grin etched into it.
    Gasping as my eyes adjust to the horrific creature I raise my weapon. Squeezing the trigger I rattle off hundreds of bullets. The creature moves with unnatural agility and manages to evade many but not all of them. Mere feet away it raises its rusty but lethal weapon and slices through the air. Jumping back with cat like reflexes it get caught in the earth. Struggling to pull the scythe out of the ground I once again take aim.
    Pulling the trigger and having a clear shot at its head the bullets tear open the soft gourd spilling orange fire into the air. Bits of pumpkin lay on the ground and cover my clothes. Searching through the body I discover a most intriguing item. It appears to be a floating pumpkin that has the most eerie of faces carved into it. Unlike its master however it seams harmless.
    Standing above the creature I hear the most air piercing laughter in the woods surrounding me. Looking around I only see the glowing eyes of the pumpkin heads. “My god” I think to myself and activate my grid device. As the device is activated I see the evil creatures sprint towards to me. As the device is about to activate one of the creatures prepare to strike. As the blade slices through the air towards my body I feel the warming effects of the grid effect take place.
    Finding myself in the grid I thank my whole being for that lucky device. Returning home I pull out my trophy from the creature I slain in the woods. Looking it over I hear stories on the grid about similar creatures ravaging the country side. Stories also abound about those who weren’t as lucky as me.

(( Nice story. You got to love AO Halloweens! ))
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!