Thread: Locked up.

Post Locked up.

Stefano layed in his cell, leaning against the wall watching the Guard patrol back and forth giving Stefano a quick nervous glance every so often. Stefano paced after awhile and looked down at his leg, it was wounded slightly, blood spilled on his Dust Brigade Trooper Pants. Stefano could hear words echo in his head, "Stefano Kyren, you are hereby put under arrest for attempted murder of Omni-Tek personnel and... hopefully a lot of other charges, known or not. We will find out."

Stefano nodded his head down and remembered the scene..

A shot was fired, and a Omni-Mining Employee fell..

"Freeze Stefano!"

Jadeshimmer stepped out and aimed at Stefano with her pistol.

"...Don't make me do this.."

Stefano gave Jadeshimmer a quick, calm glance then started executing a nano as if nothing were happening. Jadeshimmer fired her pistol at Stefano's leg, making him fall to the ground, cancelling his nano execution.

Jade patrols around Stefano, continuing to aim at him. Jade gives Stefano a curious look as he does nothing to prevent any of this.
    Jade gets behind Stefano and moves closer, immiedietly Stefano limpingly gets up from his daze. Jade immidietly aims for Stefano's head and speaks,

"What are you going to do now Stefano...live... or die?"

Stefano replies to Jade with a sly remark, "Ms. McCulloch, you'd only be doing me a favor by sending me back to my lands."

"But I'd have the bloody satisfaction of putting a bullet in your head, Stefano."

Stefano stares at Jade for moment but then the Omni-Mining Soldier moans for a moment showing signs of life.

"Pity, I thought I had gotten him."

"Luckily for you this isn't going to be a murder charge, Now turn around, get down with your hands on your head!"

Stefano ignores Jade and wipes some blood from his Dust Brigade pants, "Hmm.. you've gotten them dirty.."

"I can get the rest dirty, too, if you don't DO AS I SAY!"

Stefano chuckles quietly and smiles, making Jade nervous for a moment as she watches Stefano get down on the ground. She then Handcuffs him and pulls him up by the arm.

"Stefano Kyren, you are hereby put under arrest for attempted murder of Omni-Tek personnel and... hopefully *grins* a lot of other charges known or not. We will find out."

She then reads Stefano his rights,

"As by article 12 paragraph 2 you are not entitled to a lawyer due to your faction, I have the right to take your Comm Device and you are not allowed to communicate once inside the Omni-Tek Prison, You have no right to refuse to give evidence, Everything you say from now on can and will be used against you in front court. Did you understand what I said?"

Stefano nodded with a grin.

"Good. Follow me to Omni-Trade please."

They arrive at Omni-Pol HQ, Jade motions Stefano inside as a couple Guards stand by. They get to a room with a lone cell and some desks.

"Get inside the cell!"

She points to the cell as Stefano walks calmly inside. Jade tries to hide her motion of joy for this long awaited moment. She walks to a Console and taps some buttons, making a Force Field infront of Stefano. Jade waves to Stefano and sarcasticly says,

"See you later hunny."

Stefano gives an unexpected reply, "... I will live up to those words, Jade."

Jade shifts her weight slightly and turns to her Corporal,

"Dismissed, Corporal."

She turns to Stefano, "Bye Bye."

Stefano watchs Jade walk away then he is left alone in the room, laughing for the tricks he has in store for this moment..
    "I have no idea what you're talking about.."

Glenn "Stefano" Kyren - Lieutenant of The Black Company, Grandmaster Assassin for the Clans and proud supporter of Silverstone and the Sentinels.

Romulus "Arnthem" McChristian - Trigger Happy Soldier for the Company.

''The Wraiths never die, merely fade away. Only to appear when someone least expects it.'' - Shrine of the Wraith

The Black Company Forums
    Roleplaying Profile of Glenn "Stefano" Kyren

General McCulloch entered the room with a determined stride as soon as the automatic door had opened with the characteristic hissing. Like all rooms in the temporary headquarters of her division in Omni-1 Trade District, it was lit by the fluorescent tubes at the ceiling. A bad substitute for real sunlight, on other planets, but just as migraine-producing as the Rubi-Kan suns at noon. She figured it might contribute to an uncomfortable atmosphere for the convicts which… was not so bad after all.

The person she had decided to pay a visit now, however, was most likely not impressed by any measure of atmosphere-creation a clumsy architect could devise in the making of an Omni-Tek building. Stefano.

When she first met him, then member of the Kenley gang, she found him unsympathetic from start. The big-mouthed appearance, throwing sass her way, mocking everything she and her fellow officers stood for.

He had changed since the Kenleys dispersed… he called himself a Wraith. He kept on being seen with Malachii. The bully had turned into a threat.

If only she had perceived how much like her father she had become. Degrading opponents, belittling them and putting them into schemes, profiles, in order to deal easier with them.
    Everything was an equation. People were numbers. Control.
    People like Malachii bereft her of control. It made her feel uncomfortable. Ultimately, it made her panic. She decided to not let Kyren do the same thing to her.

She took a glimpse into the cell and startled. He wasn’t inside. She stepped closer to the force field that took in the entire front section of the cell and then, to her great relief, spotted him huddled into a corner.
    “… going to petition a change of cell arrangement…” she thought to herself when Stefano rose to his feet, but remained in the corner. Erect and poised, he stared at her… or rather… the empty eyes of his Superior Sentinel’s helmet.

Jadeshimmer tries to keep this professional attitude. Quite annoying for you but giving her a bit of security

Stefano shifts his weight from side to side, focusing on Jade

Jadeshimmer: I think telling you that killing people is morally wrong if it happens arbitrarily won't do any good. I find little direction in that heap of yours...

Jadeshimmer stresses "arbitrarily"... of course everybody's business today involves killing in one or the other way

Stefano tightens his fist, making his Death Squad Armour stretch slightly.

Stefano: .. He was Omni-Tek. I feel I still owe the Corporation.

Jadeshimmer feels his glare on her back... better not turn it to him

Stefano makes a slight grin hiding his eyes under his mask, only seeing his grin.

Jadeshimmer: Owe what?

Stefano: My debt.

Jadeshimmer hears the doors open

Stefano grins hearing footsteps

Jadeshimmer: Greetings
    Stefano: Company?
    Wisewise: Greetings, ma'am
    Jadeshimmer: He is here to watch. *Stefano can't know she called him... usually wanting to do this alone... not this time*

Stefano shifts his glare to the other Omni-Tek Employee.

Stefano: Who are you?
    Wisewise: I am Lieutenant Kenley. You may refer to me as "sir"
    Stefano: I will refer to you as nothing.
    Stefano: Another lost puppet within the corporation of lies.

Jadeshimmer 's facial expression turns to one of suppressed anger

Wisewise: Lies, are they? I see the Clans' propaganda has gotten to you too
    Stefano: Yes and No.
    Stefano: I follow my Commander and Regiment. Not the Clans directly.
    Jadeshimmer: You know you will stay in the deepest bunker on this planet for a long, long time. Who you follow doesn't matter.
    Stefano: You forget who I am.
    Jadeshimmer: You are a prisoner

Stefano chuckles

Stefano: Yes, that is true. Not for long hopefully.
    Jadeshimmer: What do you mean? Who would help you now?

Stefano notices the other Officer equipping a Assualt Rifle.

Wisewise: Standard guarding equipment

Stefano lifts his head up showing his eyes at Jade.

Stefano: Wraiths.
    Jadeshimmer: It's been awfully quiet around them. *smiles uncomfortably*
    Stefano: ..Hm.. what was our prophecy? *thinks*
    Stefano: ".. Wraiths never die.. they appear when someone least expects them, like ghosts.."

Jadeshimmer turns away to recite after Stefano, moving her lips silently

Jadeshimmer: A prophecy... words.
    Stefano: Indeed.
    Stefano: Etched in stone, now that stone is destroyed.
    Jadeshimmer: You are nothing but criminals. There is nothing mystical to you or your deeds.
    Jadeshimmer: You kill without reason.

Stefano lets out an out of this world laugh.

Stefano: Never.
    Jadeshimmer: At the most you are... *distracted by the laugh* lunatics.
    Wisewise: I suppose bloodlust is a reason too
    Stefano: Lunatics? If you wish to call us that.
    Stefano: Bloodlust? No.
    Jadeshimmer: Why did the woman have to die? The secretary?

Stefano arches his left eyebrow at Jade.

Stefano: What secretary?
    Jadeshimmer: Surveillance drones have caught Malachii.
    Jadeshimmer: He just threw her down like a bag of rags

Stefano grins hearing the name, "Malachii."

Stefano: When?
    Jadeshimmer: Shortly before the explosion. Here in Trade GODAMMIT don't you even know what the other does?
    Stefano: Sometimes people get in our way, they need to be eliminated.
    Jadeshimmer: An office employee... in your way. *her lip forms a thin line* Whatever... you are or claim to be... I'm happy to have you all locked up in the end.
    Stefano: Everyone wishes for us to be locked up.
    Jadeshimmer: It's not an impossible endeavour... *traces her hand carefully along the forcefield, little fluctuations visible... some sparks*

Jadeshimmer smiles a bit

Stefano: .. Feeling confident in your skills?
    Stefano: To have captured a Wraith?

Jadeshimmer stops in her movement

Stefano rushes up to the forcefield with great speed, close to Jade.

Jadeshimmer: I do not underestimate you... hah!

Jadeshimmer breathes heavily... just for the blink of an eye

Stefano: A wise decision.
    Stefano: ... I can hear you.. your every move..
    Jadeshimmer: The guards aren't stupid. The force-fields would only be passable for a ghost... and that you are not *smirk fades at his words*
    Stefano: A ghost?
    Jadeshimmer: You can try to scare me... *pronunciation a bit jittery*

Stefano laughs rather loudly.

Jadeshimmer: What's funny?
    Stefano: The irony.

Jadeshimmer casts a glance towards Lieutenant Kenley

Stefano: But I will not get into it, I like to keep things mysterious.
    Jadeshimmer: If you can manage, Lieutenant. He will sleep 4 hours from now on. That is all. Nutrition paste. Water. That's all he will get.

Jadeshimmer exhales noisily

Stefano: .. Hmm.. nice accommodations.
    Jadeshimmer: We will see how much of a ghost you are when your body is deprived of certain needs
    Wisewise: All right, let me just go configure the cell's functions
    Jadeshimmer: Thank you
    Stefano: I am an Agent, Ms. McCulloch. I am trained for this.
    Stefano: Do as you wish.
    Wisewise: All done, ma'am.
    Jadeshimmer: We'll see in another week. *brushes a strand of hair out of her face... a slight tremble* I...
    Jadeshimmer: I'm sick of your face...

Stefano lowers his face, casting a shadow over his eyelids.

Wisewise: Enjoy your new accomodations
    Stefano: .. Don't be afraid now…
    Jadeshimmer whispers to Wisewise: "Corporal Stehn... he should visit him tonight. For a "private conversation"
    Wisewise whispers back "Good idea"

Jadeshimmer: *more loudly* Accidents happen... sharp edges people run into sometimes
    Jadeshimmer: Leaving them with bruises

Jadeshimmer forces herself to a smile

Stefano narrows his eyes to Jade.

Stefano: ... Until next time

Stefano tilts his head, letting a small Soul Locket fall around his neck, hanging from a small chain.

Jadeshimmer: Lieutenant, you may interrogate him at any time of day. About the Wraiths, his attack on the OM employee.... what's that?
    Jadeshimmer: I thought we had frisked him...
    Stefano: .. A memento of long past.

Jadeshimmer recognizes it

Jadeshimmer: I have business that requires my attention. *turns away to hide her discomfort*
    Jadeshimmer: Stefano *nods, still turned away*
    Jadeshimmer: Let us go Lieutenant.

Three weeks later, Stefano was transferred to an outpost in Upper Stret East Bank. Passers-by would recognize it as just that. In fact, it was a detention site for the people the Board of Directors did not want close to a major city. Preferably, the convicts would stay there until the rest of their lives.

Stefano Kyren stared at a sign that was so brilliantly placed inside of every cell so everybody’s glance was magnetically drawn back to it, over and over.

Omni-Tek is your friend!

Michelle’s lips formed a soft, satisfied smile every time she heard Stefano move about inside. She lay in front of the door and hardly fought the warm feeling that started down in her feet and crept up… she hadn’t slept in a long time. It appeared that the Wraith had been worn down by the harsh conditions of his imprisonment. The truth was that he was expecting somebody.

Stefano: Omni-Tek is not my friend!
    Jadeshimmer: *almost whispering* That was your decision.

Stefano throws pebbles of concrete at the sign.

Jadeshimmer stares at the cell door, half awake half asleep. He will stay in there, maybe for the rest of his life. She slowly drifts away, lids falling shut

Stefano leans against the cold wall, staring at the door in front of him.
    Stefano paces about his new cell.
    Stefano glances at the Omni-Tek sign.

Stefano: … Pathetic…

At that the door to the exterior opened and a woman, ready for combat stormed inside. She nearly fell over Jade’s body.

Jadeshimmer breathes low and calmly... she seems to be asleep

Astera: oops...

Stefano perks his head up, hearing a familiar voice.

Astera slips a Garotte quickly around your throat and pulls tight, choking brutally

Jadeshimmer 's pistols are holstered, by her side. She tries to reach them while coughing, trying to shake off the haze of sleep

Stefano runs to the wall putting his ear to it to hear whats going on.

Jadeshimmer: Ahh!
    Astera whispers: wrong place, wrong time honey...

Jadeshimmer 's hand has almost reached her JEPP, the other trying to keep a gap between her throat and the Garotte

Jadeshimmer: Hrch...!

Astera releases her grip and reaches for your pistol, casting it aside

Astera smiles as you struggle to your feet

Jadeshimmer goes into an offensive position... Jiu Jitsu...

Jadeshimmer: You wont' get far.... *coughs*

Astera arches her brow slightly and raises her gun at you

Astera motions to the door...

Astera: open it.

Jadeshimmer realizes that it's now or never and runs at you with a war cry, preparing for a jumping kick

Jadeshimmer shouts: Haaa!

Stefano grins.

Astera evades as you fly past and aims low, shooting you in the knee

Jadeshimmer struggles, gasping in pain and collapsing

Astera walks to your nearby guns and picks them up

Astera: i'm going to ask one more time...
    Astera: open it.

Jadeshimmer tries to crawl away from Astera, a bitter grin on her lips

Astera levels her gun at your head

Astera: Wraiths are not the only ones who do things for Wraiths...remember that.

Jadeshimmer: Open the door yourself if you can, b****!

Jadeshimmer stiffles a laughter while clutching her knee

Astera chuckles softly...

Astera: It doesn’t matter...

Astera squeezes the trigger

Jadeshimmer opens her eyes up wide. In the moment she perceives the incredibly loud explosion, a projectile has penetrated her skull already and the world turns black