Thread: Bug where you die all of a sudden

Bug where you die all of a sudden

Ive gotten affected twice and has costed me over 400k exp. Its really annoying. At least make the gms kind enough to return the lost exp due to bugged deaths.

There are at least two ways of the insta-death bug occuring, that I'm aware of.

1. Starting attack failed....
    Starting attack failed....
    When you see that message start to spam your chat, heal as fast as you can. If you're playing solo, get to a zone, use a first aid stim, just heal, because in a matter of seconds, your HP could be down to nothing. If you're teamed yell at the team to start healing ASAP. Death is sometimes preventable in this case.. but if you're a class with poor body dev, this one might get you all the time.

Here's how it happens: Teammate A attacks mob.. you start beating on mob.. right before the mob dies, he aggros you, but doesn't get a hit in yet.. Starting attack failed shows up on your chat.. 3 seconds later your health PLUMMETS. I've dropped from 4200 HP to 1200 HP in 3 seconds, with no you were hit for *** amount of damage messages. Why? Oh, that's right, the mob was already dead.

I'm lucky, I play a tank class, so I have a lot of HP, but to those NT's, MP's, Docs, etc, this would mean death.

2. Attacked by -NONE-
    This happens if you're aggroed by a mob, and you run out of the mob's range, or if the mob runs out of your range. If it happens in a mission, just zone as fast as you can. Why? Well, chances are that mob got stuck on a wall somewhere, yet, he's still hitting you, even though you can't see him, or the damage you're taking. If it happens while you're team hunting outdoors, make sure the healer on your team starts healing, otherwise you could drop dead without a moment's notice.

The attacked by -NONE- has been around since I started playing back in September. This starting attack failed I first noticed around 13.0 I believe. FC there is no excuse for either of these bugs that can be very devastating to a character. And I'm highly shocked that they haven't been made a priority on your 'fix' list. Find some way to fix these, or start returning people's lost XP back to them, and quit being lazy.

Oh, and on an added note, fix the stability of the mission zone servers. Yesterday, my full team of 6 was in a mission. We practically cleared the entire playfield, then bam, our zone crashed. I log back in to find a Veteran Trader, Veteran Marksman, and a Veteran MP on my tail. I'm all alone, and I'm stuck inside a room with a locked door that I can't open because I'm under attack. So no I couldn't even attempt to get out, I had to stand there and wait to die, and watch my 1.5 million XP go down the drain. The entire mission had reset, didn't save anything we'd done, yet it saved our location and dropped us right where we last stood, resulting in over 10 million in XP loss from my entire team.

I'm trying very hard to be patient with the bugs and the once a month (somtimes less frequent) patches that seem to introduce even more bugs and imbalances. But, when every other minute you hear a teammate or a friend say, I'm bugged again, I need to zone again, god I wish FC would fix this.. you start to get a little less patient and get less hopeful that the company we pay to play this game isn't doing their intended job. Make these things right, or you will lose a lot of players when new sci-fi MMORPG's come out on the market.