Thread: drop the nodrop

drop the nodrop

Just an idea why not remove the nodrop system...it just annoys me.
    please just test it for a month or so.
    And please FC please improve the high lvl game its just sooo boring.

hmmm am i kinda bored of AO right now ?

If not remove it, at least make it possible to switch nodrop stuff between your own chars, I got a yalmaha on one of mine and Im not even playing that char anymore, doesn't feel to good to have to pay another 5 mil on a yalmaha since I need my money for other things, like armor, buffs, weapons etc.

hmm... not too many reply on this..

what are ppl opinion on the nodrop system??
    and why was it really implented ???
    i cant see a reason for it.

Arrow

No drop is still required for the token system to work (otherwise ya have low lvls farming tokens and making a fortune off it "tokens 50k each!". Other than tokens i really dont see a point to it tho.

Without the nodrop system you would realy see highlevel creaming mobs with nice drops to get some for their lower levels.

Camping/farming would be nice to avoid.

oki... the token system i can understand

well there is nothing that stops a low lvl player from getting those
    nice nodrop items anyway, they just ask a high lvl guild member or buddy to kill the mob... so the only one that doesnt get that very special loot is the one without high lvl buddys or a beginner.
    well that isnt very fair either.

and really if token wasnt nodrop is it really such a big deal if they are sold ?

Selling tokens is a big expoit that some peole used before it was stoped. I can not se why that problem should be put back into the game,
    Much better if they fixed so evry one of any lvl should be able to get missions that gives token in a acceptable time.

As for nodrops, they should make a lot of them to normal trading items. But that would make them remove yalmhas from chests since we would get rediculusly amout of creds at low lvl if we finds them, and as one of those that did find my Yalmha in a mission I think that would remove some of the interest of those chests at lvl 40-60 when they started to appear. It was very fun doing missions hoping to get a yalmha, even and I even got 2 cars before I found it.

nodrop for tokens is good I think. they should be earned, not given.

For vehicles however......not such a good idea, I know my main has a car he doesnt use anymore, and one of my lower lvl char's or friends could use it.
    Santacharm
    Enforcer

Sopprano
    Fixer
    Metthias
    Meta Physicist

NoDrop

I agree guys.

Dont you think its a bit odd how so far in the future there is no used car sales?

Keep the NoDrop system for tokens, rings, bracers etc but drop it for vehicles.

BUMP on getting rid of nodrop for vehicles. My Adventurer found a car on a mission that he never used. The added bonus to speed was only 46. My guy can buff for 40 but don't really even need to since he can morph into a leet and travel twice as fast as the car. It's kind of ironic that an Adventurer finds a car as loot.

Psyphen

no drop remove is amust

I spent almost a month doing mission for cash at lvl 70 or so kept saving up for a yalmha.I finaly got the 5.8mill to buy one and I was stoked. Even more so when the next mission i did gave me a better one.Now can I trade my old one in get some refund on m investment. Nope.When was the last time u went to buy a new car and the dealer said sorry will give u nothin for ur old car.I can understand the need for no drop on some items(tokens) but cars and special attacks come on.

Yes, token selling is a big deal, but there is no reason that we have to be given the physical token. Instead of giving us a token and having us click on it to raise our personal counter, why not just have the system raise our personal token counter for us? No physical item, no exploits.

Getting rid of NODROP would probably have some gross effects, to be honest. The fact that the crat suit forms aren't NODROP has been a major pain! I think they should remove the NODROP from most items, however. Especially vehicles.

Scorus

P.S. I've got it! You could solve this problem and help the much-needed Fixers at the same time! Let them use special fixer-only 'hotwire' tools and their B&E to remove the NODROP from vehicles. Talk about an income source...