Thread: Plead to change the roots

Plead to change the roots

Recently NPC mobs on missions seem to use roots very often.
    I've heard this was changed to prevent blitzing. That's fine.

But when doing missions the normal way killing all mobs u get rooted very often. What happens is that the mob roots you, you kill it in 10 seconds and after that spend 1min 50 sek waiting for the root to drop.

Ofcourse some profs can get rid of the roots using means that are considered exploits by funcom but pets for example cant get rid of the roots.

My suggestion is that you change the roots so that they drop when the mob that has casted them on you dies.
    This way roots still prevent blitzing.

I really dont really see any point in roots staying after mobs die but annoyance.

I hope to get official FC response considering this matter.

Angry

Yeah!

Not to mention runspeed debuffs. With normal speeds you can guide your pet in missions quite nicely, but its pain in the ass if your pet goes so slow that any slower speed would make it run backwards . And this way you will be having nightmares for 15mins.

lvl200 Alcoholic

Bump

I agree on this!

Problem is ofcourse how will this affect large scale PvP *cough* if the penalties wear off after person casting them dies. Well I am sure people are creative and think of new tactics for that. The way it works now is pain on missions... and I dont even mean blitzing.

Zarch and bunch of other chars between 5 and 140

Lightbulb Idea...

I've posted elsewhere, but I suggested an item that can break roots/snares, which behaves like a shield in locking for some time after use (say 2 min) and CANNOT be used in a fight. This would enable people to get moving but not break root/snares in mass PvP (since you'd have to stop fighting anyone to use it).