Thread: Newbie places to hunt!

Newbie places to hunt!

Long ago when the game first began I was there. We were promised many things, including a free gift! I never received a free gift! Yes, I know that since I canceled my account I voided my opportunity to get said gift but damnit! The gift was promised to all those who were the first to sign up for the game! I bought and registered my copy on day 1! Rant off, I'm back...

I decided to start a new character when I came back. This message has nothing to do with 'how do I make my character the best with Ip usage, etc.' It has all to do with wondering where in the hell are all the newbies? It was very freaky yesterday when I was heading out to the place where all of the teen newbies used to dream about. The mini bulls were our gods and we had to slay them!

When I approached their fields I was shocked to find that no one was on the bridge. I actually thought I was in the wrong place at first because it had been quite awhile since I had played and thought that maybe I had taken a wrong turn, yet I persisted in my search for those xp bulls I used to love. NO ONE WAS THERE. What is going on here? Is the game just full of old players who might make secondaries for the hell of it every so often? Am I mistaken in noticing that there is an extreme lack of noobdom?

Why do I have a bad feeling that when I am done with bulls and move on to Hammer Breeders and Mechdogs that I am going to not be able to find any hunting partners? Lord, I hope I'm wrong! Someone please enlighten me!

Exclamation mobs

They have moved all the mobs from the old spawn sites to get people to explore the game alittle more. People where complinaing about not seeing anything new becuase you could sit in tir from lvl 1-60 and not go anywhere else to hunt (<--example) with all the spawn sites within walking distances.

So they moved all of the famous spawn sites to other places, some where left alone because they where hard to get to anyways but most are gone like the tempal in tir was one of the most famous that was moved.
    My small army on rbk2

NT
    Got Nullity Sphere?

Crat

trader
    <--flavor of the month

I See you!

doh

Well, I hope I can figure this out then. If I'm not mistaken (it has been a looong time since I played) Tir is a clan city so I really know nothing of that aspect of the game. The spot I'm talkin aobut tho was still ripe with mobs to kill. I just wonder how many places are going to be different for me down the road!

Smile

There are lots of places that used to be crawling with noobs (for Clanners, the northwest outpost in Tir is a prime example), that are virtual ghost towns now. Part of it is that they've moved some of the spawn sites, and part of it is lack of noobs.

On the bright side, this means that for many of the sites that remain where they were, you can go hunt them all day long by yourself with virtually no competition or interruptions. It's like a mission without all the headaches.

Also, there *are* a lot more newbies around than there were, say, a month or two ago. There was a time when you could walk through Tir itself (I assume it was the same with Omni) and see nary a soul. Today it's starting to get crowded again. It's just that people are hanging in different spots, and there still aren't quite the numbers of them that there were pre-diaspora.

(Personally, I'm lovin' life now that the population has decreased. The wilderness is actually playable now and the whole game's just a lot more "real" and immersive to me. Of course, I'm a soloer, so I would prefer that...)

...another problem

Another problem is that once you get to a certain level it becomes more difficult to solo. I honestly don't want to solo but I'm starting to find it hard to find people who are sub 20 and aren't secondary characters with friends who are in the 100's helping them power level. It kinda sucks

Well as a matter of fact I am playing a sub 20 Crat with a 100+ main. Do I power level it ? No.
    Why ? Well, I just enjoy the ride and discovering the profession.
    Doing solo missions up to 100 or getting power leveled won't teach you how to play, and basically you end up being an ass when you have to group past 100.

Do I twink it ? Yes somehow. My little Crat is walking with enough money to buy every items he needs and implants too. That just nice. I had to earn my creds fighting many hours and selling stuff and I am enjoying an easier life with my nOOb.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)