Thread: What? How can this BE?

Angry What? How can this BE?

Go to the AO Character look up, Type my name in Firegoddess now look what happens, THERE ARE 2 one on RK1 and one on RK2 WTF? I am the 105 agent, now I want to know why someone got my name on RK2? And if they can do that HOW WILL THEY EVER make it where we can go between servers? I mean we cant have 2 people with the same name on the same server. This is really pissing me off... That was MY NAME and now someone else has it.. this is a major let down to me......Way to go FC....

/me sees a patch that lets us go in between servers, and loggs into RK2 only to see that she in now a low level with the same name, and that the 105 agent that she use to play has now been deleted.....

No one really knows what is goingto happen if/when we are able to travel between dimensions. Maybe they will put little tags behind our name. For example, Sepentura (RK2)...Serrephim(RK1)

Also, some character names are locked. When I first switched servers I had to pick a different name because the name "Serrephim" couldn't be used on RK2 even tho I deleted my RK1 character named "Serrephim." So theres my short story about how Sepentura came to be...what's yours?
    Sepentura

"The future is in your hands."

Former Leader - Sea of Change

Angry Not my toon

The Firegoddess on RK2 Is NOT mine =( Makes me mad that my name is no longer unique.... If you wanna read my story goto www.minionsofchaos.net I am still really pissed about this and I want an answer from funcom on it..

Lol, I remember Asheron's Call, whenever they opened a new server, bunches of ppl would run over there and make new chars with their unique name so noone else could take it... just in case they wanted to start playing on that server at a later date i guess..

Talking It's the number

Just when you thought your name was more important, I'm here to tell you that each server knows you uniquely by a number, not a name. It's a common trick amongst db coders. But then, most db coders aren't as good as me.

But we don't /tell by a database index #....

Re: It's the number

Originally posted by Sielar
    Just when you thought your name was more important, I'm here to tell you that each server knows you uniquely by a number, not a name. It's a common trick amongst db coders. But then, most db coders aren't as good as me.
    I am not worried about the # or whatever, this is a serios Role Playing Issue.... I mean howmany Firegoddess's can one planet have? I know here on eatrh that we have people with the same names... but Rubi-ka is not earth!
    Maximus "Immense" Meridius - Enforcer (Don) My Armor
    Sun "Firegoddess" Kaba - Super Sneak Agent
    "Gridarmor" - Grid Armor Wearin' Fixer
    STORM - Best of the best
    Creator of AO Character Lookup, click to download
    Damn it feels good to be a Gangster

Yeah its true. You can make 2 chars with the same name on each RK. RK1 and RK2 are 2 seperate clusters. Each does not verify names with each other since each char in AO is based on a #. When you do /tells its only located on 1 side cause the split between Rk1 and RK2. For obvious reasons. WHen they do a merge (if ever) they will probably tag your name as <name>RK1.

I understand

I myself have been able to create two Siirine's on Rubi-ka! I understand your question about
    "And if they can do that HOW WILL THEY EVER make it where we can go between servers?"
    I ask myself the same thing, however who would want to have Siirine(Rubi-ka2) behind there name? That isnt very attractive!
    -Shana Siirine Denick-

He who angers you controls you.

actually

Originally posted by Nutbar03
    actually you can if you know the number. THAT however is the trick

Originally posted by Nutbar03
    You will as soon as i get on an create a toon with the nickname databaseindex

Unhappy Still not the point!

The main purpous of this post was to show my dislike of the same name thing because of ROLE PLAYING issues... What do you all think of that? I mean how would you feel if some jerk with YOUR name is going around causing havoc and harassing others, and someone that you dont even know becomes your enemy because someone ELSE you dont know that has your name is being a jerk to them?
    STORM - Best of the best

Fortunately, Firegoddess, the other person with your name on RK2 is only 4th level, and so is unlikely to be getting much of a reputation, good or bad.

Perhaps you should draw up a series of rules and regulations that the other person must follow in order to live up to the high Firegoddess standards

=)

Heh, Stark you always make me feel better =) I think I will draw up those rules, and once the person reaches 75 they will most likely have the servers connected then, and if my set of rules is not followed then I will just "cap" them all the time to "vent" my anger =)
    STORM - Best of the best

Cool Re: What? How can this BE?

Originally posted by Firegoddess
    Go to the AO Character look up, Type my name in Firegoddess now look what happens, THERE ARE 2 one on RK1 and one on RK2 WTF?

It's the "Attack of the clones!"

Oh the horror......

I could be wrong, but if you wanted the name on both servers, you could have created a character with that name on both?

If you didn't, well too bad.

Perhaps there's a bright side, Fire. Instead of ruining your reputation, maybe they'll help improve it. Heh.
    ........Truth...........
    Honor--|--Virtue The Order of the Crimson Cross
    .......Loyalty.........

Re: Re: It's the number

Originally posted by Firegoddess

I am not worried about the # or whatever, this is a serios Role Playing Issue.... I mean howmany Firegoddess's can one planet have? I know here on eatrh that we have people with the same names... but Rubi-ka is not earth!
    Yeah, we all know that in the future everyone will have completely unique names and that no one would ever have the same name as you. How dare Funcom not realise this...

Come on, there's GOT to be more important things to complain about, bug wise.
    ChibiKawai - The KAYOOTEST Level 40 NT ever.

"IWANNASTUFFEDTEDDY AND I WANT ONE NOW!!"

Red face Well Anon that is the truth

Originally posted by Ananomous
    Perhaps there's a bright side, Fire. Instead of ruining your reputation, maybe they'll help improve it. Heh.
    I mean who wants a reaputation for being a NICE person who does not charge for buffs and gives away 100K to a noob on the whim right? Just because I quit Order of the crimson crap (your crappy guild) and made my own which is active and has a purpouse (Our members are accually on) does not mean that you can come here and bash me... I mean you dont see me coming here and bashing you for being level 40 for 5 months do you? I mean for goodnes sake Ananomous you only play the one character, and you dont even know the meaning of ROLE PLAY.
    I am not gonna subject the people that visit this thread to anymore flames from me to you, that is not my style.. I need to go work on my enforcer, who just to let you know is almost your level, and he is only 2 days old lol...
    /me ends pointless flame
    STORM - Best of the best

Yow. I honestly wasn't bashing you.

Though I guess it could have been read as implying that your reputation needs improving, I was just stating the opposite, positive possibility to the stated negative one. I was just trying to be "light". Heh.

I thank you for the thoughtful derision, though. Luck in all you do.
    ........Truth...........
    Honor--|--Virtue The Order of the Crimson Cross
    .......Loyalty.........