Thread: Some observations on the professions i have played

Some observations on the professions i have played

Agent: I stopped playing agent even before concealment was killed I stopped when weapon range was capped at 40m in beta

so i can't really say how they are now and i do think funcom will get around to fixing concealment personaly i think it should work like this:

PVM: an agent with conceal maxed for lvl should be able to walk past greys easy ofcouse there should sill be a change of detection but not very high. greens pretty much the same as greys. yellow mobs should stand a minor chance of detecting an agent with capped concealment for his lvl
    orange/red even to high chance of detection.

all of this should be modified by mob type.

PVP: if a player on the opposite side does not detect you your avatar should not be rendered in game until he notices you and you should not show up on tab, also no dot on map this would make this skill very interresting in pvp.

MA:
    Oh my the pain - my compassion goes out to all who hang in there.

How dimach should work if you ask me (yea i know you did not):
    Timer like FA, damage range abit more 1.2-1.7 times the current value

Brawl is ok if you ask me.

the moves oh let's be honest they are boring and funcom needs to include more and now that they make martial artist weapon they could appropriately give them some moves which are weapon specefic and MA only.

And a few more MA only unarmed moves for personaly i think funcom needs to read up on some martial arts manga and watch some hong kong action movies.

Nanotech:
    I will not say Nanotechs are gimped but they don't really have anything they excell at that is why i'm pissed each profession should have a field of expertice and nanotechnicans are not the only ones who have a specialty that is of very limited use.

As a new player back in beta4 i read profession description and nt and though ok nice looks like your regular combat mage class should be fun to play, from what i read i expected to play a class that lives by nanotechnology and excelles at dealing damage with that while we are capable at that you find as nt at higher lvl's that both metaphysist's and beucrats have better single target direct damage nanos than you do oh you have some that do lots of damage but those are practicaly useless due to extreemly slow recharge times.

when you speak of damage per time the metaphysist deals the most with nukes and they have pet's in addition to that.

followed closely by crat's who also posses very good pet's

combine pet/nuke dmg on those classes and you have the highest dmg/time in the game (not taking crit bufs into account)
    crat's are quite capeble of using a weapon also so are meta's but most of the meta's chose to user their summon weapons which are very good.

My only gripe is that Nt's simple don't excel enough in what their field of specialty is, nanotechnology.

the only thing nt's have that no other have are area of effect nukes but for game purposes those have limited aplication you need a damn good team to use them and stay alive in pvm they are nice in pvp but you won't survive long in a 3on1 or worse where they have aplication and they are virtualy useless in 0% zones since they will effect anybody in those zones

But people let's cut the whining (and yes that includes me) yes we have some problems we would like to see change and most of us feel that something is not right in the design of the nt but take a look at some of the other professions some of them are just as bad off as we are or worse, ma's imidialy come to mind.

Since i haven't played the other classes i'll keep my mouth shut about those and hope it makes me look wise.

Edit:
    as for the breeds

Atrox: good for some classes surprisingly good for nt's
    Solitus: All round winner no real weaknesses
    Oppifex: they do make decent agents and ma's
    Nanomage: they have no advantage worth the disadvantages they have. Only reason to chose one would be for roleplaying purposes.

- Seoman
    Last edited by Seoman; Feb 4th, 2002 at 04:08:43.