Thread: Tanks in AO!

Tanks in AO!

It would be good if FC put tanks is AO, only for the guilds.
    Guild wars should be much funnier if there was tanks / artillery in the battles.
    And not any old tanks that fire 1 shoot in 5sec, it should be more like
    http://www.gamesworkshop.com/40kuniv...smGravTank.gif
    and
    http://www.gamesworkshop.com/40kuniv...arGravTank.gif

Talking Grav Tanks....

I see there are Warhammer40k fans playing AO. Why ask them for Elder Grav tanks, the Leman Russ Battle tanks are better. What would be really funny fer clan wars is Titans... hehe...lol.. ahahah... But really FC, alot of people want transportation with big guns on them if thats even posible to code...
    Last edited by Aikito; Jan 13th, 2002 at 21:50:26.

There will be tanks in Neocron.
    "By the way, if anyone here is in marketing or advertising: kill yourself." --Bill Hicks
    "Have we turned into gerbils? People are paying money to walk up invisible steps over and over again." --Dennis Leary

And in AO, there's already a tank with guns in the database.

It's basically a Yalmaha that can't fly + guns.

And what do you think would happen? First the tank will have to do small amounts of dmg. Else we''ll see a team with people using tanks blowing all monster away, ergo level too fast.
    If the tank does less dmg that weapons, people will go berserk whining about that too. So its out of the question.
    Only solution will have to be that two people need to use the tank, one driving, one aiming at firing. Doing somewhat the dmg two people would do with the current ql of the tank.

Xombie, neocron is a FPS. I'll wait for planetside if I want to play a FPS, or I'll just stick to Wolfenstein.

The beginning intro has a very nice loking battle something like that would be absolutely great.

It is true that making the tank balanced would be very dfficult. Maybe add weapon reqs on the gun so not everybody can grab a tank and go blastin away. Perhaps the tanks should be mission only and they have a fixed ammount of hp depending on ql. When the tank breaks, you can't get another one without finding one.
    -War is not about who is right, it is about who is left.

- L92 MP
    - L7 Enf

ummm...

There is a weapon ship. its called a omni gun ship, its ql 200.
    requires like 1k ranged energy and 1k vehicle

Don't we have tanks? Isn't that what an Atrox is built for?
    I ride on his back all the time and he shoots things for me

Re: ummm...

Originally posted by Fataltouch
    There is a weapon ship. its called a omni gun ship, its ql 200.
    requires like 1k ranged energy and 1k vehicle
    Not really a ship. Cause it reduces run speed etc. Also you cant attack while in vehicles :P

Besides ive seen the damage that thing has listed. Quite pathetic

ok

Originally posted by MikeWeather
    Xombie, neocron is a FPS. I'll wait for planetside if I want to play a FPS, or I'll just stick to Wolfenstein.
    This was copied from :
    http://www.neocron.com/neocron_faq.php#intro

Neocron is an online RPG/e-community hybrid set in a 28th century metropolis.

I think high powered tanks would be a great way to absorb a lot of the monet that is out there at the moment.......there is nothing for high lvl players to spend their money on at the mo....but if you had to pay 10mil for a tank that basically couldnt be repaired....eventually it would be destroyed andyou would lose it and thus lose 10mil credits.....but you would have been able to lvl a lost faster and have some great fun in the mean time!!

Also could make them team based....so you had to have a driver/navigator and gunner to drive them.....also they could be very slow and not get over mountains etc making fighting them on foot very interesting....you would have to ambush them in mountain passes etc.....knowing that if they had time to get a shot off at you you would be dead.....

just a thought!!

bump!

what about letting players hop into command juggs, thatd be fun too wouldnt it...oh wait no..itd just be stupid...itd still look cool though..:P

tanks would be fun..although if they were team based, why on earth would you buy one? just hope someone else has someone..i can see it now:

'Team w/ 5 and doc looking for a nano mage carrying a tank!'

personally id just settle for a fix to battlesuits..

Idea i had

I had an idea about arming vehicles. I was thinking that they could make them where trade skills could equip the gear on them. Make it like where the little engineer uses a screwdriver on it and it opens up a wear section simular to a player. the engineer then equips the vehicle up with armor, weapons, and upgrades. The more upgrades the vehicle is running adds more to the requirements to equip it knocking it up out of easy twinkle range. such as if you throw some guns on the thing it adds the guns requirements as well as raises the pilot skill. but that away the trade skill users like engineers, traders, and fixers can twinkle up a vehicle.
    or hell just make it simpler like the implants them selves throw three upgrade types (shinning, bright, and faded) have them go on different types of vehicles like the different implants. Cargo carrier gets really big gun. Yalmcha gets dual weld rifles.
    How ever much the dev. team feels like putting into the thought. This all would assume that they would make vehicles tradeable though.
    Darn fixer used car sales men ripped me off again.

Smile

How about giving us mobile suits? I dont mean the little battle suits either. Give us larger mobile suits (double the size of a battle suit) for large scale combat. Give us working transports (they are in the game, but you cant transport squat) and tanks.

Make all of the mobile suits, tanks, etc, upgradable and able to take damage before becoming disabled and in need of repair. Heck, make the repair jobs a tradeskill for engineers or something. Make some suits fly and other ground only.

I'd like to see something... Anarchy Online could certainly use some more Anarchy.

Bring it on ! I want to see some large scale assualt capability and the ability to capture and KEEP territory.