Thread: Make us do more cave missions!

Make us do more cave missions!

What I think this game is crying out for is more cave missions!

Not just any cave missions, but the huge ones with the brown walls, pits of water and acid and the hundreds of tiny rooms.

Players >love< these missions.

I love low frame rates.

I love falling into water and not being able to get back out again.

I love rooms so tiny that my perspective is messed up and I'm staring into a wall and can't see anything.

I love getting constantly stuck on debris on the floor.

I love horrible pet pathing.

I love how ugly they look. There's something about the total reverse of anything which could be aesthetically pleasing that I really like.

It is not enough that 80% of the missions in the game give us these missions. It should be 100%!

Are you with me, people?

Thumbs up I concur

I personally want to see these particular missions doubled in size, hundreds of those 'cubicle' rooms with their 4 doors, each and every one of them housing their own MOB(type: human npc/20000 AC/modified newbie weapon[+200damage]/20000 HP). Oh and don't forget to add more locked and empty chests, not enough of them.

... i'm just drooling at the thought of this.

Yes, good idea! Love those brown caves...

I think they could be improved a bit though..

First of all, make the cave about 10 times bigger, and let all doors be locked and trapped with devices that can kill you if you not disarm it on the first attempt. Also make the acidwater do about 100x more damage over time and remove all ways to get out of the acid pool. Then remove all other mission types. Let the Trash King have the key to this mission and the only way to get the key is to ask him nicely for it. To make people wanna do this mission it must have a great reward (besides the fun factor), so my vote is on a Black hood. It looks cool and can be effective in PvP too if someone mistakes you for a NPC and have a broken TAB key on their keyboard.

As a lvl 39 Agent with a ql 50 stigma, crappy armor and no effective ways to heal myself i prefer to fight Rookie Enforcers so please Funcom add about 10 or so in the entrance room along with some Docs that chaincast DoTs which are 10 times more powerful then now and also hit faster. Let all of them stack too. This is to prevent people from feeling secure if they zone out (which we all now, is only for cheaters and exploiters! Damn lamers imho..) Or even better, remove the exit until the mission is completed!

Also i would be happy if you could fill the "pool area" with those fun mobs that chainheal each other and them self, otherwise i might actually have a chanse of killing one of them if i make it past the entrance (not good! Im a peaceful man)

Oh tweak the perception on the mobs up a bit. Don't wanna risk not being seen if i try to sneak past them.

Throw some of those Probes in too, just in case one of the others get stuck somehere. Note: Only players will take damage from the acid though. and thankfully the poor mobs can teleport *phew!*

Hmm. which leads me to....Damn how cool would'nt it be if all the mobs in this mission teleported to the entrance to help out their buddies if i attack one of them or get spotted. I mean everyone!

Have the mission area located as far away as possible from me and remove all forms of transportation to get there, run too. Why run when i can walk? I mean, who's in a hurry? (Ofcourse most people will be excited to get to the mission fast to have som fun but the longer they wait, the bigger the fun when they get there right?)

Im thinking if maybe there should be a insurance terminal located somewhere in the other side of the world. But it's possible that will make things a bit to easy. Hmm...Maybe it's best to remove them all?

Oh and have all the objects we carry stay on our corpses when we die so we have to walk back and get them. Make the Rookie Enforcers notorious looters to.
    Last edited by Quantino; Jan 19th, 2002 at 01:59:22.

oh and we need more ubr twinks ruining pvp too
    as well as harder mobs and level 50 mobs that a level200 player cannot kill by himself

Thumbs up Aye!

(Semi-intelligible sarcasm-ridden rant ON)
    Quantino, I believe you forgot to mention how helpful it would be if the map reset itself every time you entered a different room! After all, it would be far too boring to complete the mission if we actually knew where we were going!

And let's not forget to equip the npc advents with damage shields that are 5 upgrades above what they should have (instead of the current boring and trivial "1 or 2"), making sure to increase the heals by the same amount! And double thier nano pool points! And give them even better armor so that the hardest hitting weapons in the game hit for minimum damage, instead of just all of the other weapons! Give NPC's a chance, for heaven's sake! The current advents are just too easy for this fast-hitting-low-damage-per-hit adventurer! I love getting hit by a damage shield more powerful than my own twice per second!

And why only have the monsters in adjacent rooms aggro me when I attack something? Have them "summon mommy," which effectively conjures up a level 300 creature that can follow me out of the mission zone!

But why stop there? They are caves after all, make them completely pitch black! And make playful cub's nightvision just as headache inducing as it is now in the light, even in complete darkness! Headaches are fun! And don't forget to double the size of all of the morphs so that they are too big to move at all, let alone fit through doors!

And make the vines on the doors attack me as I pass through!

And have a doctor NPC and a metaphysician NPC accompany every NPC so that we can get a damage reducing nano and a DoT nano cast on us while the doc is healing his companions!

And by the way...the human npc's should possess the tendency to drop "pocket change," sellable for .01 credits/unit, or they can be melted down into bullets, 1 bullet per four units!

Oh, and make sure that nobody gets any experience until the mission is completely finished; of course, this will only be applicable if it is completed in 20 minutes or less!

My, my Quantino! Don't you think that supplying people with black hoods so freely will eventually make them too powerful? I mean, that's actually something that I can use. I say that the reward for every mission (why only the current half or so?) should be a nano formula useable only by a different profession! This would stimulate the economy by encouraging more trade between players!

Yay! Caves r00l! Down with leveling; success is boring!

Oh my! I had almost forgotten...I would just like to say how thankful I am, for the sake of my fun and the fun of others, that almost 30,000 years into the future, the majority of humans are apparently still hanging out in caves...thank you Funcom, thank you...
    (/Semi-intelligible sarcasm-ridden rant OFF)
    Last edited by NightShade; Jan 19th, 2002 at 07:27:13.

you guys might not want to say all this, knowing funcom the will actually do all of this that you have said!

-Stimmed Out

Stimmed: "you guys might not want to say all this, knowing funcom the will actually do all of this that you have said!

-Stimmed Out "

Stimmed, I think that my fear of that happening has already been effectively quenched!

I almost forgot what I love best about cave missions.

When I heard about Anarchy Online, which was supposed to be some scifi futuristic game, I thought to myself, "No way, that sucks, I hate sci fi!"

Then I found out that a large portion of the game actually takes place in caves. Boy, was I ever pleased! That's exactly what I want.

I just wish we could get rid of all the cities and all the weapons, and fight animals with clubs and sticks and rocks. That way the rest of the game would better live up to the true excitement of being in a cave mission.

Wink

You fellows do know that Funcom is totaly incapable of understanding sarcasms, and will definitly take your posts as requests.

So if what you have asked for should appear in a few patches, I hope you understand who the rest of us will go hunt for.

when i read this thread's title i was excited to find some people that share my love of brown cave mission. i gotta tell you, i'm detecting a bit of cynicism here.

for those of you that really want caves made bigger, don't worry, just gain a few levels and the caves will get a lot bigger. before you know it you will be spending hours in each fun filled mission.

the missions with the acid pit in the first room is the best.

I must admit.. I get this warm, fuzzy feeling welling up inside of me when I enter a mission and see that tell-tale brown room with the green hanging vine door. Everybody here knows the ones. It reminds me of an old, familiar friend.. the kind that stops by all the time unannounced.. returning again for yet another long and time-consuming visit. Oh, the pace of my heartbeat does quicken so..

I thought I was alone

To think there's so many others that enjoy these caves. My droid especially loves to frolic around in water and slime, it sometimes just want to stay in there forever.

But my favorite part about caves is that I can lead the mob to an area covered in thin acid adding 2-3 damage every few seconds to my damage output. A built-in DoT in the cave, could it be better!? Of course I don't get any experience for killling it when doing so but that would be asking too much.
    Last edited by Gracecup; Jan 20th, 2002 at 13:36:13.
    FunnyFace
    Running with Notum scissors

Great news everyone! They are gonna update the brown caves in patch 13.6. I really hope they have studied my suggestions and gonna implement alteast some of my ideas!

Ok, no Black Hoods NightShade, that would perhaps unbalance PvP. Make them NoDrop and have them modified a bit. I suggest this:

QL1 Black Cloak Bag
    Unique/NoDrop
    Wear: Automatically once looked at
    Modify: VisualRange 0
    Unwear: Lvl199

This bag will make the wearer totally blind until lvl 199. It will also inflict a huge amount of damage every second it's worn. More if you are about to beat up a poor defenseless mob.

This thread should be made sticky, it has some of the best suggestions I've seen to date.

Oh, oh! I know! Add more empty chests! Those are the best. Then make it so all the empty chests have to be lock picked 10 times and have some kind of bomb inside.

It should be so if you press H then every mob in the mission will immediately run towards and attack you.

There should be more Arks that tell you that you are a lying SOB and they can't replace lost items because there "is no log of you losing it" when you petition your 2nd lost Yalmaha. Who would want to get either one of their lost Yalmahas back?
    The blue backgrounds and error text are licensed trademarks of the Microsoft Corporation.

In addition, us at Funcom will enhance the chemical ramp/walkway mission. For starters your pets will refuse to go beyond the first door onto the ramp. We have improved the AI where pets now know better than to go onto the ramp. This, we believe, will give pet classes a bigger challenge.

The ramp will now have the Half-Life func_breakable entity attached to it in certain places. What this means is that the ramp will collapse on you when you cross certain parts of it. We have also added a trigger that this is more likely to happen when you have been aggroed by 14 different NPC's due to that middle wall being bogus. It will now be up to you to jump and manoeuvre your way through the slime to the front door.

Also, to increase the logical aspect of this science fiction MMORPG, we will be equipping certain NPC's with the ability to teleport without error to your destination, up to and including the reclaim terminal.

We believe also that chests are too easy to break open and are setting their difficulty accordingly. To open them will require the Super911LockpickGizmo tool which will be introduced in a patch after we have implemented these changes.

We can tell you that to obtain this tool you will need to see the Lab Director in a certain dungeon in the Longest Road playfield.

We will introducing missions to the Plains of Salt playfield. There is a map available at your local store for this playfield. Until said playfield is in game you may camp your character at the southern edge of Perpetual Wastelands or northern Tir Desert for the time being.

All missions there will be chemical ramp/walkway missions. And we are reducing the likelihood of being randomly disconnected by the server in the middle of them to 30%.

Enjoy these changes!

i think what we need most is the mobs having longer roots. i mean its not nearly enough now that the last thing they do is cast a 2 minute root or 20 minute speed debuff. If we had longer roots we would not have to spend as much money on healing packs because we would naturally heal as we are waiting for the root to expire.
    Member of the "I tried SWG and I am still kicking myself for it" club

oh and we need more insta deaths too and like when a mob aggros you and then hits you 50 times in a row cause it qued a bunch of hits for its former target....

Mobs don't hit hard enough at high lvl : increase their min to 1million.
    Also give them 50k AC so that all weapons hit for min to prevent cookie-cutters with hammers, shotguns and novaflows.