Thread: Make MA Crit buffs self only for Gods sake!!!!

Make MA Crit buffs self only for Gods sake!!!!

That title was mostly to pull you in, though that would be one way to "fix" the problem. The problem being how pathetic all forms of damage dealing become at high levels (150+) relative to people using crit weapons. Take the Krutt for example. This weapon sucks, the damage is complete undisputeable crap and nobody would ever use it except for one thing.. it has a MASSIVE crit. Just like they say, at high levels crit means everything, so lots of people use the peice o crap Krutt with the aid of a nice MA crit buff.

Anyway, that much most people already knew. My brother was in a team with 5 traders yesterday, they even told him out loud the only reason he had the pleasure of joining their uber twink team was to service them with a crit buff so that their damage output could put to shame that of charachters 50 levels above them not relying on crits.

There are two ways to deal with this problem. The all dreaded *gasp* NERF, or the simultaneously all praised and all *****ed at BUFF!

---We could NERF the MA buff by making it self only, and have lots of people whine and ***** and threaten to leave AO, but in the end have all the professions more balanced for it.

---We could give Nukes crits and let players buff other players pets, so bots and droids could get the all loved crit buff too, so NTs and the like could do disgustingly wrong ammounts of damage too.

---We could make Nanoinit past 1000 start to affect your recharge as well as your attack. Since having a nano init this high already makes most of your standard nanos instant cast from full defensive anyway, there is really no point in getting it to 1500 or so, even though thats possible. If the last 500 of that only affected recharge though, it would massively up NF damages at the post 150 level through virtue of sheer speed.

---We could make a high attack rating with NFs affect your damage in some way like having a high attack rating affects your weapon damage. My lowbie trader has a weapon that SAYS it does up to 350 a hit. When he's fully buffed that weapon can actually hit for up to 700 on a NON crit. Thats double what the listed damage is. NFs never even reach their listed damage, much less go past it two times over. This would also make raising your MC or whatever attack skills your nanos use past 1000 serve some purpose

Anyway, I'm sure there are lots of other solutions, but theres a few for you to chew on.

man

get a clue...

MA's dont need to be gimped anymore, enough is enough
    Those crit buff is indeed (you got a point there) the ONLY thing MA's are wanted for in a group now. Take that away and obliged all non-guilded MA's to solo their entire career...and thats exactly whats we are totally unable to do past lvl 7O now : solo

Vyecheslav you realize that all those things you proposed would unbalance the game A LOT more then your 'fix' to the MA sub g.

Funcom knows what they are doing, they are professionals and all. To even keep a game of this size and complexity from falling apart let alone balanced to any degree speaks for its own.

Im also guessing that your not an MA or at least havn't plaed one past lvl 75

You know, I just love how a few peoples bad experiences...

are used to degrade the game-play of everyone else...ie. NERF.

Why not just leave that group of pathetic people and play with someone else?

The world, real or virtual, is FILLED to the brim with jerks...you can't 'nerf' them all, so just ignore them. Eventually, when they can't yank your chain anymore, they'll get bored and leave.

Hahaha, did you even READ MY POST? I cannot BELEIVE someone actually read this and thought I was advocating an MA nerf.

"get a clue...
    MA's dont need to be gimped anymore, enough is enough "
    GUAHAHAH!

"You know, I just love how a few peoples bad experiences are used to degrade the game-play of everyone else...ie. NERF."

I'm stupified... I'm CONVINCED the title was the only thing you read.

"Funcom knows what they are doing, they are professionals and all."

Try making a post with that as your argument on any of the under class boards. I dare ya! No offense to Funcom of course.

What I've learned.. include all relevant info in your post in the title, because most people don't read anything else.