I don't like streamlined characters and that is what you get if you do an IP-reset. Everybody is looking for a way to make his character the most powerful one so we gte a lot of similar characters. I would hate it!

Here is a new idea and the reason why I made a new thread insted of inserting it in the IP-reset thread:

If you level you get a box asking if you want a level reset.
If you say yes you will get a half or a quarter of your normal IP points and start again at your previous level. The next time you level you get normal IP points. So you can raise skills that are not core skills for your profession and make a more interesting character. You wouldn't be so good as an expert in another profession because you can't raise blue skills as high as green ones.

Okay example:
You level from 20 to 21. You are asked if you want a level reset and say yes. You get 3000 or 1500 IP instead of the normal 6000 IP points. You start again with level 20 and 0 XP. You can raise your skills as normal but WITHIN your normal limits. So you can't raise your core skills (which you raise to the level 20 limit at leveling from 19 to 20) any higher but you can raise different skills that you think are improtant of you UNIQUE character. So you are not forced to streamline you character for powerplay!
Maybe you can do this only every 5 levels (which will cause some problems with high level chars). Or you will get even fewer IP point if you do a level reset repeatingly. Maybe even the amount of XP needed to level raises, but please FUNCOM, make it possible to create UNIQUE characters and don't force us to streamline our chars!