Thread: Silence of Requiem

Silence of Requiem

[Prenote: This is an open RP line. Please feel free to insert your character into the story.]

Silence resounded within the chamber. Placement of the figure upon center of room gave way to certain aspectful appeal. Lids lay over orbs, deep orbs, orbs that had fathomed war, creation, destruction, and loss. Orbs longing to look upon love. Hand laid, left over right, thumbs touching to form a circle, palms up, in the boy's lap. Legs crossed, X-shape focusing linear ligaments into enhanced solitude. Meditation grew steadily deeper, mind wandering, racing upon new thoughts. This was, perhaps, the boys time, time for seeking, for learning, understanding. Perhaps at best, it was his time to wake up, to shed his old self and begin the new. Breathing continued, raspy and strained, the deprivation of notum his chamber continually had the cause of such pain. Eyes slowly drew open, orbs gazing upon the bare white metal walls. The light was an annoyance on the eyes, though adaptation came quickly. Head lifted, and silent cry rang forth, plea of loss for freedom. The nanomage, though more like solitus in appearance, due to exposure to light and more physical activity than most, stood, turning to the door. It was a soft knock that had awoken him from meditation; the cause the ICC Jail Guard told to watch over him. He nodded to the nanomage, and he nodded back, allowing the handcuffs to be placed, held at the gunpoint of the familiar Supernova.

"Don't cause any trouble. Your almost home free, it would suck to lose what freedom you've earned Carl." the Peacekeeper said, gun only slightly raised. He knew the boy wasn't a threat, and they had become friends, despite protocal.
    "I know." The boy, Carl, said quietly. They reached a gate where a woman was standing, smiling.
    "The shuttle will take you back to Rubi Ka, will drop you off at ICC." she said, sweetly, overly sweet. "We just need you to sign here and all possesions will be restored to you." Again came the saturatedly disgusting sweet tone. Carl nodded, signing quickly. Out came the chest. The steel chest, locked once, with an ecryption key. The key went in, the lid went up, and things were, as well, almost normal. There were the articles he had, every last one of them. He pulled forth what he needed right away, tools, items to hit production, kits, ammunition. His face cracked into a smile, so unfamiliar in the past ten months. "Your weapons and Armor will be restored once your planet side." she sang. It made him want to retch, immediatly dampening the joy. Why couldn't she be genuinely happy for someone getting there freedom back? He cursed her in his mind, closing the box more than half full, sliding it back to her. "All this in your bank?" Again, the feeling of hatred. He nodded, cuffs coming free as the shuttle was boarded, by fellow inmates, a few he had seen here and there. The Peacekeeper he had become aquainted with, simply nodded and smile. "Welcome back to Rubi-Ka." he grinned.

The shuttle ride was short. He had slept most of the time. A nudge by an inmate woke him, they were leaving. He gathered up the satchel he had with him, the tools for crafting, and stepped off, into the ICC. He took a deep breath, looking around, notum filling his viens again.

Hours pased, beaurcratic red tape. Citizen ship, name, armor, weapons, all restored, the light of the world shimmering in the boys eyes. He was happy again, restored. Standing in the streets of Old Athens, he knew not where to start. It had all been renewed, and things...were looking better, for Carl "Lurai" Shone.
    Not quite dead yet. But almost.

Don't touch the funk.

"Lurai!" a shout came from.. Lurai didn't know where.. the voice was unfamiliar.. but Lurai laughed to himself, assured he was simply yalmlagged or something. Lurai turned in the direction of the voice.

"Lurai.." before Lurai stood a odd female figure, sort of a skittish girl, a nanomage, looking up at Lurai with big opaque yet shiningly obsequescent* eyes, which although completely alien to Lurai, always warmed Lurai's heart.. perhaps the shining notum connected with him somehow he could never quiote place it.. but he shook off this feeling, to take a closer look at the young nubile Nanomage who obviously knew him, though of whom he, knew naught.

"Lurai, I'm Viva, I just thought since you were gone for well, a long time, I'd welcome you back home, see I joined Avatars fellowship while you were away..." Viva cut short, aware of Lurai's confusion... Viva smiling still, cocked her head slightly as if to inquire as to Lurai's obvious loss for words; then he spoke.

"I've only been gone a year though..." Lurai wondered if Satenia had set this little prank up for Lurai, and he started to laugh at the thought..."

"Lurai, you've been gone for 3 years. You were in stasis when the hull of your freighter collapsed when attacked by Omni Prime out beyond the Delta space station on return.. we could not awaken you from coma til now... Im sorry... I don't know what to say.. I thought you would have been told before returning to Rubi Ka...." At that Viva, shaking, obviously concerned, took Lurai and sat him down on a nearby bench."

Lurai was dumbfounded, numb, staring blindly, with the words of what he just was awakened to, echoing, deafeningly in his brain.... over and over and over.. .not one, but three years.... three years...three years....

Lurai looked up at the sun.. where it once shown so brightly and beautifully, was now in eternal eclipse... he had not even noticed until now... strange new beings roamed the once gentle Rubi ka he knew... he was in a strange new world.. and nothing would ever be the same again....

Code:
    obsequescent is a word i created to describe my eyes as no real word was fitting.
    Last edited by Emiko; Jul 11th, 2004 at 21:42:53.

My Home on the Web KittySafe Ntwrk
    Quote of the Month: "The day I feel sorry for someone who gets paid for browsing an internet forum is the day I peel off all my skin, make a canoe and set sail for Saturn." Alienchild

The once brilliant light he thought he had been exposed to yet moment before, reigned it's dull cast upon him. The world perhaps, seemed darker than, before, darker than normal light would go at any case. Exposure to notum deprivation, and notum overdosage, bred augmentation of cerebreal thought, and vision. Though it had been momentary, as body tried to re-establish balance. For a moment, he thought he had seen something that wasn't there. A place as dark as he felt, a place, broken, decaying, corrupt, the very source of malignancy in Rubi-Ka. Was it Rubi-Ka?

Head turned as he looked upon the femme. "Viva..?" he said quietly. "You said that was your name...yes?" voice came quietly. She nodded in response as he turned as gazed upon the sky a moment. Things weren't connecting, he felt out of connection, and nothing was making sense. His shuttle had landed, he had gone through the process....hadn't he? According to her words he had been in stasis for two years. But why would Omni Prime open fire upon an ICC prison carrier? Head rang in absolute pain. Back came against bench slowly, as he thought. The vision returned, the howling of souls, a creature in a room of light, absorbing and corrupting the energy within. A Beast..

Eyes closed tightly, as sweat glistned upon brow, falling from the shield of skull helmet. Confusion bore no mercy into him, and he spoke softly. "Where are we..?" quiet question came. The woman smiled and gently rested hand upon his arm. Mouth opened, yet no sound came. No sound was present. Things ceased moving, and the heat, the disgusting thick heat, was gone. The air seemed to become stuffy, as everything surrounding him was halted. He looked around in confusion, before turning straight ahead. He saw before him, a portal, a ripped space, filled with screaming souls and corrupted creatures, broken rocks and destroyed space. He knew the rumours there was only one name for this place. Pandemonium.

Eyes shot open as he lurched forward, breathing deep. The mid-afternoon Rubi-Kan sun bore down upon him, as he looked around, few neutral citizens watching the clanner curiously. Body was wracked in quivers, as he gathered to compose himself. He heard a voice, familiar, one he had met few days prior, and had become friends with quickly. "Lurai!" voice called, as he turned, seeing the nanomage female he had just seen in his vision. Though skys were grey, it would rain; and sun was beomcing blocked, the air was clear, and things were normal.
    Not quite dead yet. But almost.

Don't touch the funk.