Thread: Adventurer flight.

Adventurer flight.

I was thinking lately...I have MP friends flying at level 80 (no plane). Now since I have no luck and no money, a plane is simply not in my future anytime soon (I will not cheat to get one). Therefore, my only other option is Calia's Form: Parrot.. Many folks (even adventurers) say its junk because the skills are way too high, but I set my mind on finding one, and sure enough, I did. But the problem is, even if I get to level 120 (I am not) I 'd need QL 250 implants (kinda joking, because they don't exist, but do the math) and maxed skills, just to use the silly thing, and/or Infusions, just to be able to fly...is there something wrong with this picture? By the time I get to use it, I might as well use the pit lizard, since its not that much higher, and by then I will HAVE almost enough.

Funcom...was there a reason for this? I got reet 2 about the same time as my MP friends could fly...can someone explain?
    "Ignorance is the greatest evil we will ever face" . -Dr. James Cone, ca 1990 CE

Available for Weddings, Mediations, Treaties, Celebrations, and Hugs...
    Neutrals come join #neutrality on irc.funcom.com! Everyone welcome.
    Counseling available by appointment-Priestess Cathryn Ardman
    Cat's Closet

Favourite Chat Colours: 250 200 250, try it!
    I am an adventurer, of COURSE I like going camping! :P

your name is cat....meow.. meow..are you going to the anual feline gathering in catland this year?

Originally posted by Blade / Silke X
    your name is cat....meow.. meow..are you going to the anual feline gathering in catland this year?
    Ummmkay sure, what city is it in? Everyone calls me "Cat" in the game, so it stuck I guess... are you having milk and catnip there? And what does this have to do with flying? *grin* I guess that makes me a Cat-Bird?
    "Ignorance is the greatest evil we will ever face" . -Dr. James Cone, ca 1990 CE

Cat's Closet

cats have barbed *****es. it's all true.

*snif*

Cat's Closet

Exclamation Back on topic

Cat makes a very good point. I am curious to see some official response to this.

Terkon

Meta Physicists have a different way of flying compared to Adventurers, so the levels the flying nanos from each profession are available at are not really connected, or compared. There are no plans on adding flying to lower level Adventurer nano programs right now. Those nano formulas are still practical without the flying (increasing other modifiers). This is why Meta Physicists can fly before Adventurers.
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

So... what you are saying... is that just because a player can, if he (or she) so desires, spend his entire life after mid lvl 20's molecularly transformed into a bird, he can't quite grasp the ability to fly until very high level. But due to the Meta-physicist's clear unstable mentality, he can just up and decide to fly in his mid lvl 60's?

Well that clears things up for me...

I know why the caged bird sings...

Sing a loud, beautiful song, people...

I do not and probably will not understand, but that's ok. I trust Cosmik to know what the reasons are.

Well, at least Calia's form IS a lot faster than anything else at that quality.."what IS the airspeed velocity of that sparrow?" (1200???) BTW most planes are 300-600

Oh well, time to save for a Yalm thingy I guess, or see you in the air with feathers at level 150 (even though by then I will have enough credits for the silly plane)

@ @
    . >
    \__/

Cat's Closet

True, most planes only add 200 - 300 runspeed but when you are flying you have a constant speed equivalent to about 1400!! runspeed. Runspeed only takes affect if you hit backspace and land. Flying is simply faster.

Actually MPs rarely are able to use QW before L70 :P

I have to agree that it's kinda silly the reet form can't "fly". Even when I fly above water it slows down even if I'm not touching the water.
    -War is not about who is right, it is about who is left.

- L92 MP
    - L7 Enf