Thread: Cant make new char cuz..

Cant make new char cuz..

It simple wont let me choose any DAMN NAME!
    I have tried EVERYTHING.
    Ive looked in books for names, magazines, I have tired all the ff7 names, everything, ff8 ones, the monster, Gf's.

I dotn want a name I dont like, I have tired variants, 1337 text names, putting e's to 3's.

nothing, WTF?! FC suck me.

No offense, but if you are picking names from final fantasy games, you're asking for troubles... Try to be a little bit more imaginative.

You can get names from a lot of games, movies, books, or even make up a name that just sound goods but have no particular meaning (that's what I do).

Just avoid the few most populars things, like final fantasy, matrix, lord of the rings, star wars and the likes, and you'll find something...

No kidding. This isn't a bug... you're just picking stuff that people before you beat you to.

You need to be a little more original.

I have personally seen the following variations on names.

John
    Jon
    Jahn
    Jyohn
    John1
    Johnny5
    Jonny5

etc.

It would only take one letter difference to let u choose a name. Don't be so rigid. And I can't count the number of times I've tried to /tell a friend and mispelled their name only to have that /tell go to someone completely different.
    -----
    "NT's can't over equip armor beyond implants and general buffs (no insane Intelligence or Psychic buffs) and can't overequip weapons since they use direct-damage, damage-over-time and nanoformula methods that require your actually stats and buffs to be active for you to use them. Don't complain about us being powerful when you obviously haven't even played one past level 100. NT's - the original red-headed stepchild of Anarchy Online." - Zaal

I commonly make a spelling variation when a name I chose has already been taken. I wanted Lani, game wouldn't let me have it so I changed it to Laeni and voila!

Just be a little more imaginative in how you spell it.
    Anastasia "Aniee" Cervenak
    Martial Artist

Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to. -------Mark Twain

Try something original and you won't have any trouble *grin*. Granted I've had most of my names for months of from the beginning, but none of them are "normal" names or from any popular book or a game. Take a look at some web sites that list names, normal human names, there's plenty of those and you wouldn't believe what kind of things you can find.

I was inspired by "Nimda".

Take Gelder backwards, and see what you get.
    "For the Angel of Death spread his wings in blast,
    And breathed in the face of the foe as he pass'd;
    And the eyes of the sleepers wax'd deadly and chill,
    And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"
    - Lord Byron

[ alpha.omega ]

I have tried variations and I dont want stupid numbers in my name! hehe.

I got Gilgermesh

And asking for trouble? WHAT DA F.

I could have choosen knights of the round table for crying out loud, Squaresoft dont own it.

I hardly think they made up gilgamesh either.
    Check up some of them ...go on really you will be surprised.

By "asking for trouble", I just meant that FF is so popular among gamers that you can be sure that every single name related to it is certainly already taken :)

I think that you can forget also about any name from well known fantasy and sci-fi books and movies.

That's exactly why you have to be original to find a name, the obvious ones are probably all already used by now...

I use the same unusual name..

For all user names that i have i use the same name, and it never gets rejected (it's not Hermione) except when I've probably already registered there once. If you pick an unusual alias, it is much less hassle instead of always having a different name.

Just choose "OTwhin3r001" I'm sure that one isn't taken.