Thread: How does QL apply to Dmg Stats for Guns?

Question How does QL apply to Dmg Stats for Guns?

I'm trying to figure out how the QL applies to the stats on a gun. For example, a QL 31 rifle I have has damage stats of "1-80(100)" (don't qoute me on that, I'm not looking at the game right now). My understanding is that the 1-80 is the 'normal' damage range, and the (100) is the 'critical hit' damage. So, if these are cumulative stats, then the maximum possible damage should be 180 (assuming the formula is to add the max normal and crit together). During combat, I've been able to hit for 290+ on occasion, so obviously I don't understand how the stats work. Can someone explain them to me please? Thanks!

More info: My char is a Lvl 36 Adv, in case that somehow has an impact on using a QL 31 rifle.

Another question: Do the Skill Points affect the damage and special attacks or do they only apply to your ability to equip an item? For example, if the rifle requires a minimum of 100 in Rifle Skill, and say 80 in Fling Shot -- will using IPs to up these values have an affect or not? (ie, does having 120 in Rifle instead of only 100 make it do more damage?)
    Last edited by JFlack; Jan 12th, 2002 at 23:27:51.

Well, theres another factor, which is your attack rating.

Your attack rating is defined by your skills, for instance:

Your rifle has as attack skill 100% Rifle

If your rifle skill is 300, your attack rating is 300

Now, each 33 attack rating gives aproximately a 25% bonus to damage, therefore, if you have 132 attack rating your damage is doubled, in other words:

Instead of doing 1-80 (100) damage ull do 2-160 (200), making for a possible maximum critical of 360

To calculate your damage, i suggest checking out this webpage:

http://antiguardians.org/crit.php
    Basher Tarr, Engineer, and damn proud of it!

(really)

Originally posted by Darkherald
    [B...

Now, each 33 attack rating gives aproximately a 25% bonus to damage, therefore, if you have 132 attack rating your damage is doubled, in other words:

Instead of doing 1-80 (100) damage ull do 2-160 (200), making for a possible maximum critical of 360

To calculate your damage, i suggest checking out this webpage:

http://antiguardians.org/crit.php [/B]
    Not quite so. The closest approximation is:
    (1 + attack-rating/400) * (max-base-damage + crit-modifer) for a critical hit on a 0 AC target.

That php script uses the same method to calculate critical hits and maximum base damage, the rest of it are plain guesses.