Thread: Melee Damage against Humanoids???

Exclamation Melee Damage against Humanoids???

This has been broken for so long it's absolutely absurd. Granted, it's intermittent, but....<insert string of profanity here>.

My lvl 36 Enforcer runs into GREEN humanoids in missions that he cannot hit for over 15 points of damage. This is rediculous. It makes soloing him almost impossible.

<rant rant rant>

I'm trying to be patient, but I'm soooo close to cancelling my account and trying out DaoC.

Question

Hmmm, an enforcer that hits for 15 damage on a green???

Just wonder what kind of weapon you use?

I have a level 16 enforcer with a hammer and regulary crit for over 300 damage (best yet at 400). I recommend you go to the enforcer board, and read some of the posts there. Lot of good suggestions and really great people.

I have not heard about other enforcers at comparable level complain about damage.

- Khayne
    Bane 43 NT
    Othar 16 Enf

Red face

You misunderstand the issue...

Occasionally (often enough to be VERY irritating) I find a humanoid mob in a mission that I cannot hit for more than 15 melee damage.

Rather than use a large slow hammer, I use a pair of fast 1HEdged weapons. I typically hit between 20 and 100 points several times a round. At any given time against a green I should have 200-300 points of damage viewable in the message window.

On missions, perhaps 1 in 10 humanoids has some bug where I cannot hit them for more than 15 points of melee damage, even if they are green.

It's not that I have some crappy weapon and don't know how to use my Enforcer. There is a bug with some humanoid monsters in the missions.

BTW - my Beaurocrat buddy's pet can hit these same humanoid monsters with "Melee" damage just fine, so it does not seem to be a Melee Armor Class issue.

<shrug>

Im sorry if it came out as critizism of how you play your character, because that was not intended.

It could of course be a bug, but i have never encountered it. I have never heard of it either on the Enforcer forum, and im quite active there.

Have you tried reinstalling the game? I hear some people have some weird problems with the client that goes away with a reinstall. Not sure with this one though since its a damage problem and should be server side.

Have you noticed a pattern in this?

Any particular humanoids or other details that comes to mind?

I still suggest you bring this to the Enforcer forum. A lot of good advice will come from it. The enforcer community is really great.

Hope we can figure this one out.

- Khayne
    Bane 43 NT
    Othar 16 Enf

Unhappy

I didn't think you were critisizing me, just thought you misunderstood the problem. =P

I petitioned this issue about a month ago and was told that they knew about the problem and were working on it.

My Beaurocrat friend has the same issue with these human-type enemies. When we come across one he cannot hit them for any significant damage with a normal rifle attack. His pet does normal damage to these enemies, as do nano-attacks and my Brawl attack.

Missions may be the only place I've ever encountered the problem....not sure on that one.

If I sounded ticked at you it's probably just my frustration with what COULD be a wonderful game.....but so far fails to perform up to any of my expectations. I have a 1.3Ghz 512M ATA100 GeForce3 setup...aside from stunningly beautiful graphics, the game offers little of it's possible potential and I'm just frustrated with it all around. I don't want to give up on it, but every time I play it seems I log out very disappointed in the whole thing.

Anyways, I do appriciate your feedback. Thanks. =P

Cool

I have a very similar rig as you, and i love the graphics too. I can see the game have some serious problems, but considering the improvements made since the game came out im comfident it will be a lot better for everyone in the times to come. The game is starting to mature and move beyond the "childhood diseases". A lot of stuff still needs fixing, but its getting there.

Love the storyline, the atmosphere, and above all the people. Its the people that make me come back for more.

Anyway, glad to be of help. Even though its mostly encouraging words. I think you should stick to your enforcer. They are among the least bugged professions i think, and so far it has been a ton of fun to play one.

- Khayne
    Bane 43 NT
    Othar 16 Enf

Welcome to the Minimal damage club..:-)

Well, this is a known issue.
    Some humaoids mobs (often enforcers, adventurers..) have such a high AC compared to their level people going melee just hit for minimal damage (happens to ranged, but much less often)

My lvl 32 MA hits for minimal damage on 1/10 of the mobs i encounter in humanoids populated missions. This is supposed to be solved..soon? mouhahah *cough* well, i said "supposed"

Yeah check the MA boards. This is a well known issue and it affects fast attacks like 1he, 1hb and MA, but slower big damage attacks arent affected at all.

It seems to happen mostly on soldier, enforcer, and adventurer mob types, and almost always when they have a damage shield up.

Angry

As a fist only MA I can tell you without a doubt that it affects ALL humanoid mobs!! It isn't just one or two class types, its ALL OF THEM!
    This needs to be fixed immediately too. There is no point in trying to play a game when you can't function on even a basic level.
    But Funcom will probably, in all their infinite wisdom, do some lame trade skill upgrade next patch instead of fixing this game breaking problem.
    Hell, I wouldn't be at all suprised if they did it on purpose to cope with all the balance problems that overequipping caused. Only problem is, YOU CAN'T OVEREQUIP YOUR FISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ARGH, shoot me now Plz and get it over with.

Yup some humanoid mobs have this problem. I am now very cautious when facing this green guy with a blond beard and a club in missions, he's usually as hard as a good orange.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

Unhappy

Had an intrigueing experience today. In one fight with a yellowish green I did 3 hitds between 20-30 damage, while my normal min damage vs orange MOBs are 70-80.
    Lets hope this was just an exeption to our normaly low damage, since doing fights at lvl 50 and doing 20-30 damage is rediculus.

Unhappy well...

As said before this is a (for martial artists) Very Known Issue. It the reason we call ourselves Minimum Damage Artists. Im sad to see that other professions are feeling it too.

The basic problem seem to be that fast weapons with low damage "top" won't do enough damage to get above the MOB AC reduction, hence fast weapons hit for the same, minimum damage all the time.

I frequently encounter this on yellow/orange humanoid mobs at lvl 87. It hurts. Especially since the mobs have 5-7000 HPs.

If you are weapon wielders my recommendation is to upgrade your weapons, as for MAs... well... we cant upgrade our fists now, can we?

I hope something can be done about this, it would make this good game more entertaining. 8)

/DaveDread
    lvl87 opi clan MA.

this bug

I wish they would fix it, really, this is a huge problem. I normally crit with my two maces using brawl for well well into the three hundreds, and hits in the two hundreds were common place. then this comes along.

It would be great if they finally got it.
    Azrek of Tir
    "Success is the ability to out run failure"

definitely AC

Or at least, i believe it must be. I've tested this with MA friends... As a trader, i cast the AC debuff nano, and with that decrease in AC (c. 200 points) they break the min.damage rut. if you want to test it, send me a /tell in game. if its not AC issues, the debuff won't make any difference, but if it is, you should see a significant increase in damage

Zyxlquith, lvl 70 omni trader

*cough*

Errhem...Fast hitting weapons are bad! Use slow hittting ones!

(and to all the MDAs out there....tihi....................j/k)

[edit]

I noticed 3 t's in hittting....this a bug and must be fixed asap funcom! get to work
    Fleh the man-eating lvl 171 sabretooth...oh no wait, that would be PvP wouldn't it...nm then

Yeah like it is stated above this is well know to anyone who plays an ma.
    The bug hadn't really hit me till the other night. I was doing ok against orange human mobs, then I gain 3 lvls to lvl71 and BANG hitting for less than the orange white bearded mob was hitting me.

I may even have coped with this if ge was gitting 3 times faster than I was as well. I even maxxed my agro slider just to see if it would make any difference but no. My attack bar went up alot faster but my attacks came just at the same speed so he still hit me for 3 thimes the speed.

I have heard there is a max attack speed so what is up with mobs being faster?????

It's not a bug, definately a design problem with how weapons work. And definately a balance problem with human NPCs...

I can hit dark orange mobs (the following applied a few level ago when they were all deep red) for very good damage with my handaxes when hunting in NW cave at lush (like 90-120, at a very good speed, avreage about one hit per second)

Yet I hit human mobs for much less damage... Some green mobs have much better ACs than some red mobs at my level.

The problem with fast weapons is that their damage drops dramatically as the ACs of the opponent increase.

And the problem with human NPCs is that they're completly out of whack and poorly designed. They all seem to use the default weapons of their class (solar powered pistol, etc.), but are able to hit you uber hard with it.

They have much lower armors than players of the same level have, yet they have uber ACs.

You do as much damage as they do, or much more, but for instance you'll see your health bar decreasing at the same rate as their, which prove that they have much more HP.

They don't play by the players rules at all, and their equipment and skills scales in a bizarre way with their level.

If they could improve that so the NPC would look like more actual players, with realistic equipment a bit above their level (like an adventurer dual wieilding riders, instead of a solar powered water pistol), but with reasonnable values for their skill depending on their class and level, it would be much more balanced... And also it would help to balance PvP versus PvM better.

Fast melee weapons have the additional problem of susceptibility to damage shields. As a level 100 MA I can kill myself against a Season NPC that isn't even aggrod on me.
    In some cases, For every 130 point hit I make I take 87 points in reflected damage. Since the NPC has more than double my hit points this is a losing proposition.

some humanoid npcs have retardedly high AC thats why its more fun to beet the crap out of mutants/monsters ect...