Thread: Searching for My Truth

Searching for the Truth

1 December 29477

An unnamed traveler walks through a dangerous part of Rubi-ka known as the Mutant Domain. There were ferocious creatures off
    in the distance and it generally wasn't a safe place to be alone. The traveler heard a noise directly behind him and was spooked. He quickly and nervously drank down some stims and took off running at a high rate of speed towards Harry's Outpost.
    He was running so fast, he didn't even see the lump of mass that he tripped over. After rolling about a dozen times, the traveler came to a stop. He looked around and noticed that there was no creature around him that posed an immediate threat. So he walked back to where he began his fall to see what he tripped on. He slowly made his way back to the lump and noticed that it was actually a humanoid life form. The lifeform was face down and buried slightly in the ground. The traveler turned the humanoid over to reveal that it was a nanomage male. The skin of the nanomage was warm to the touch, signaling that he hadn't been lying there that long. The nanomage slowly regained consciousness, his one eye opened. The other eye was covered with some sort of metal plating. The injured nanomage slowly sat up and looked around with a daze, as if he didn't know where he was. The traveler helped the nanomage to his feet, and the
    nanomage walked off without saying a word.

15 December 29477

The nanomage wandered aimlessly across Rubi-ka for two weeks trying to figure out a few things about himself. So far he has learned that he is a nanomage and that he is on the planet Rubi-ka. He doesn't even know his own name. Ever since he regained consciousness he has travelled to the north west through an area called the Lush Fields. As he continued his trek across this
    land once known to him, he was confronted by an Omni-Tek employee. Luckily, this employee was a clan sympathizer. The nanomage explained his situation and the OT employee laughed at his very good fortune. The nanomage was wearing clothing that was only available to a clanner and if he wasn't stopped when he was, he surely would have been killed later by some Omni loyalists. The OT employee took the nanomage back to his home, in a small village in Clon****, and offered to help him regain his memory. The employee took a bioscan of the nanomage and cross referenced it against the current bioscans of all nanomages who have used the insurance terminals. After about an hour, the cross reference was complete. No matches were found.

2 February 29478

The nanomage, named Jekor by the daughter of the OT employee, was ready to move on and continue the search about his past. He was not ready to concede that he was just created out of thin air. He said his goodbyes and thanked the very generous Omni family that took him in for so long. He began his journey again and was unsure which way to go. At his moment of indecision, a strong thought entered his mind. It was a memory. After two months, Jekor had finally remembered something. It was a vision of a place called West Athen. After consulting the map, Jekor determined that West Athen was directly north of his location. A few thousand meters north. The journey will be long..

15 March 29478

Jekor was about half way to his destination. Getting through Omni territory was easy because his OT friends gave him an employee ID so he would not be bothered. Even still, Jekor took his time getting through Omni territory because he was looking for something, anything, to help him remember things. According to the map, he was in a place called 4 Holes...

2 May 29478

Finally after three months of travel, Jekor reached the outskirts of West Athen. Along the way he had an extended stay in Borealis. A group of Nanomages called the Nanomage Liberation Front were located there. Jekor listened to their plight and seemed to understand where they were coming from, yet he didn't know why. Although he did learn that nanomages are dependant on a substance called notum, and the NLF are trying to stop the mining to ensure the survival of the nanomage race. It was an
    interesting group and Jekor contemplated joining them, however, the desire to restore his memory eventually took priority. A
    few months back when Jekor remembered West Athen, a voice also told him to seek out Whisper's Edge. At the time, he did not
    know what that mean't and he never gave it another thought. While Jekor walked through the area called West Athen, he saw a recruitment flyer post on a wall. The recruitment flyer was for a group called Whisper`s Edge. His memories were beginning to
    make some sort of sense. The next step would be to contact and join Whisper`s Edge after he mets the minimum requirements.

12 May 29478

Jekor attained the proper security level and submitted his application.

7 June 29478

After some difficulty coordinating the interview, Jekor finally was accepted as an applicant to Whisper`s Edge. General Aerinyi & Unit Leader Halisstra conducted the interview. Jekor explained his situation and that he had hoped joining the clan would initiate more memories and clues as to his origin. Would that happen, or was it wishful thinking?
    Last edited by Jekor; Jun 21st, 2004 at 20:12:09.

Fionna had regreted not being capable of attending the new recruits interview. Had she not been drinking at Democe's birthday party that night she would have gladly attented the interview. Too many personal strifes had plunged her into a drunken stuper that night which was not like her.

Interestingly enough, the new recruit had driven her to irritation days and weeks before the interview. Constantly pestering her with messages, looking for an interview. She thought "Hey.. I allready told you I was working on it.. damn it.. I'm busy". But even so.. there was something about this "pestering" applicant that she couldnt shake. Regardless of her previousl irritation at him.. she found herself upset with herself for not being able to attend his interview.

Several days later she was still thinking about the pesky applicant when she saw his comm light come on. She looks down at her comm unit and activates a link to him. After some idle chit chat about welcome to the org.. and how do you like it so far.. the conversation turns to Jobe and the shadowlands... "oh.. funny you should mention Jobe and the Shadowlands.. I give new arrivals tours of that place often.. would you be interested?". she offers.. wondering why she is suddenly getting so friendly with an applicant that bothered her so much. "You would.. well I have a busy schedule, but we will pencil you in." protectively putting up her emotional walls to distance him a little.

Fionna closes her comm unit having finished the conversation thinking about it. There was still something about this applicant that interested her.. she just couldnt put her finger on it. But there was little that would stop Fionna from something she wanted once she set her mind to it. She was determined to discover what it was about this "pesky" nanomage that intreagued her so much.

16 June 29478

Jekor spent most of the last week getting acquainted with people in the org. One person he seemed to get along very well with was Fionnghal. She was very helpful in explaining things to him about the org and clanners in general. She also even offered to take him on a tour of Jobe, a mystical floating city high above Rubi-ka. Jobe is a portal to a place called the Shadowlands, a place that Jekor has never been.

Fionnghal told him that they'll go on the tour tonight after the guild meeting. Jekor wasn't feeling to well so he skipped the meeting and met up with Fionnghal afterwards. The tour was delayed as Fionnghal was discussing a private matter with Democe, a fellow guild member. Their discussion ended a few moments later and Fionnghal was ready to begin the tour.

They walk from West Athen to Old Athen and stood in front of a whompa. Jekor has seen whompas before but never used them; He didn't know what they were for. Fionnghal explained that a whompa is a means of travel from one place to another. In this case, the whompa would take them to Jobe. Fionna & Jekor entered the whompa and were transported to a place called the Jobe platform. The tour begins by Fionna explaining what the platform is and where it leads. There are three levels, Harbor, Market & Plaza. The Harbor level is the lowest and it also is where Jobe Research is located. Before they descended to the Harbor level Fionnghal noticed the excitement in Jekor's eye and told him to go have fun running around the platform. As Jekor was running around Fionnghal began talking to Adilea. Jekor ran back to Fionnghal was talk ing to her friend and he slipped. He was dangerously close to the edge of the platform. Adilea warned that Jekor should be careful so he wouldn't fall off and land somewhere on Rubi-ka. Upon hearing this Jekor's mind began working overtime. He thought, and then askedd, if it were possible to fall to the Mutant Domain. Adilea & Fionnghal said that it was indeed possible...

The tour continued as Fionnghal took Jekor to the Harbor and showed him all the different shops. After spending time in each shop, she was ready to show him the Jobe Research facility and a place called Nascence. As soon as they arrived in Research, Jekor was overcome with a sense that he had been there before. The words of Adilea were pounding in his mind along with a vague memory. As he tried and tried to clear his mind and focus on the memory, he collapsed. He reappeared in a place unfamiliar to him. He spoke to a Watcher and learned he was in a place called Bliss. Fionnghal reestablished communication and asked Jekor what happened. He explained what he knew and she realized that he actually died and reclaimed in Bliss. Jekor found a whompa nearby that led him back to Athen. He communicated to Fionna that its time that he tell her everything. He asked that they meet up at "The Cup" in West Athen.

Fionnghal met Jekor at "The Cup" and listened intently to his story. Shortly after starting the story Democe appeared, so the story was restarted for his benefit. Jekor told Fionna & Democe how he was found face down in the Mutant Domain and all of the events and memories leading up to what happened today. After he joined Whisper`s Edge, he didn't remember anything new until today. Something that occurred today triggered a memory for him. When he asked if it was possible to fall off the Jobe platform, Adilea said that it was and that effected Jekor in ways that he wasn't ready for. Thoughts entered his mind like rapid fire and he couldn't handle it. He further explained to his faithful audience that he strongly believes that he has been on Jobe and possibly fell back to Rubi-ka. However, he has no evidence. There is still a mystery to be solved and memories to uncover. Fionnghal demanded that Jekor submit to a thorough doctors examination. Jekor reluctantly agreed and the examination is scheduled to happen in the next few days...

More and more this strange nanomage intreagued her. What sort of illness makes one simply fall over dead??? There was something in the equation that wasnt adding up. As she sat and thought about the events of the night.. suddenly her eyes narrowed and flashed in a thought. Why did he reclaim in Bliss? If the reclaim computer system placed him in Bliss... and he could not remember insuring himself there... then part of the key to his past was in the reclaim mainframe.

Fionna turns to her droid and calls to him.. "dumdum".. The droids eyes grow brighter with life as the call activates its system from its hiberate mode. "Yes Fionna? How may I assist you?" the droid replies. She turns now to face the droid. "I want you to hack the Reclaim Mainframe looking specifically for insurance bought at this terminal in Bliss. I want you to find all the male nanomage insurance purchases for the last 5 years and remove duplicats entries but compile the number of times each name has insured at that terminal and also at other terminals". The droid rattles at the request, stamering "I... I... that is a difficult request Fionna.. it may take.. some time". She glares at the silvery assistant. "I didn't think it was an easy request.. just do it.. its highest priority." she growls low and dangerously at the droid. "Y..yes.. Fionna.. accessing the grid now" The droids eyes begin flickering as it starts processing its attempt to hack the reclaim mainframe.

Fionna calls Jekor each day over the next few days.. assuring him that she has arranged an examination by a Jobe doctor. She looks in on him to make sure he is well.. and to calm his apprehensions. dumdum was still working on the task she set him to.. even days later.. She knew that hacking reclaim was no simple task.. and when the droid did.. the list he would have to compile would be huge. Fionna planed on looking for a name that had a small number of insurances... probably all of them years ago.. but nothing in the last year... She hoped that would narrow the list down..

22 June 29478

Jekor was growing restless staying in his apartment. The Jobe Doctor had said she will meet him, but never specified when. He snuck out a couple times and got himself into trouble, her wouldn't dare cross Fionnghal a third time. As luck would have it, the Doctor Noelani finally called Jekor and was enroute to his apartment. Jekor was getting a little nervous about this exam so he called on his clan mates to come witness the examination. Ellesie & Democe met up with Jekor and the doc and proceeded to enter Jekor's apartment. The examination took less than an hour. The Jobe doctor ran a few tests, took some samples and soon was on her way. Ellesie, Democe & Noelani left and Jekor was left alone to rest. Before he actually rested, he sent a message to Fionnghal detailing all that had happened.

Dear Fionna,

The Jobe doctor finally showed up. Before the doc started, I explained to Ellesie what had happened. I was very quick and she seemed confused. Could you talk to both Ellesie & Democe and tell them everything? They both seem very trustworthy and intelligent. If they can somehow assist us in uncovering the mystery surrounding my origin, I would be forever in their debt.

Anyway, back to the examination.

The doc, named Noelani, began by pulling out a few wierd contraptions. The one she used first, extracted some of my blood tissue. when the device was working I began feeling faint. Thoughts were penetrating my brain. They were unclear so I didn't mention it. I know that was wrong, but part of me felt as if that exact procedure had been done to me before. I didn't want to alarm anyone since Democe was going on and on about a friend dying after an injection. The doc seemed very trustworthy and concerned for my well being. After my dizzy spell she took a full scan of my body and produced images of my skeletal structure and other cool pictures. I'm not a doc so I have no idea what she was saying. She was done with the exam and left after giving me some stims to help with the dizziness. She said that she would send the results of her analysis to you and I. Hopefully the results wil be known in a day or so.

Thats all for now. I would like to say thanks for forcing me to see this doctor. I don't know, but I have a funny feeling that she will be able to help us tremendously.

Sincerely,

Jekor

IC as Noelani:

Noelani got the comm message from Fionnghal. She was very familiar with the ó Mordha family name. She had received most of her tuition paid from the ó Mordha scholarship fund, which was aimed at outstanding yet underprivileged students. When Noelani received the initial call.. she thought it was a crank call. Like one of the ó Mordha would call her personally. Fionnghal ó Mordha was quick to evaporate any doubt about who she was. Noelani did not particularly like the quick sternness and bureaucratic manner of this ó Mordha but she could tell that this Jekor person was of some importance to Fionnghal. Noelani agreed to look at Jekor but informed Fionnghal that due to doctor/patient privilege only Jekor would receive the results of the examination. To Noelani's surprise, Fionnghal did not argue at all, only nodded once, turned and walked away.

Noelani did try to look up some personal history on the intended patient before she met with him.. but strangely could find nothing at all. She met with Jekor and his friends from his org and did her examination. She thought that all the symptoms and situations revolving around the symptoms where very odd and not easily explained medically. She tried to calm the patient by telling him that there must be some obvious and less mysterious explanations for his symptoms. After her exam, she was more then a little concerned for her patient after witnessing one of his dizzy spells but adeptly covering her concern from her patient. She left his apartment with the blood sample and medical scans she needed to do more detailed investigation at her lab in Jobe.

She intended to go even as far as looking at Jekors dna structure to see if there was something odd with that. She wondered if he had been altered in anyway. The nanobot analysis she would have to farm out to another department at Jobe. Noelani made a long checklist of tests she would perform as she returned to Jobe.
    Last edited by Fionnghal; Jun 24th, 2004 at 20:07:28.

IC as Fionnghal:

Fionna sat in her office reviewing the list that her droid had come up with so far.. it was a tediously slow process, but she reviewed the entries one by one.

Doctor Noelani contacted her and told her that she had examined the patient and that she was doing a battery of tests back at her lab in Jobe. Fionnghal thanked the doctor for the status report and then went back to her work reviewing the reclaim list.

Fionna looks up from her exhausting work and grins lightly at her droid. dumdum eyes flicker lightly as he stands by her desk still compiling the list. Fionna changes her screen and begins to compose a letter to Jekor in reply to his.

Jekor,

I hope you have not had many more fainting spells. I recieved notification from Doctor Noelani this morning that she has begun the medical tests at her lab. I'm sure she will find anything abnormal with you medically.

Unfortunately, she insists only to report her findings to you. So, when you do recieve her report, I hope you will notify me. I've been compiling a list of names of male nanomages who have insured in Bliss. Once we have your dna sequence, we should be able to cross-referance it with these names. I think this will give you a valuable key to unlocking your past and possibly discovering your ailment.

I hope you are taking it easy and not doing anything to stressful. I'd like to come visit with you sometime soon to check up with you. Let me know when is a good time for you.

Your friend,
    Fionna