Thread: inflation solution

Lightbulb inflation solution

people have gone on and on about inflation, buying creds off ebay, even overbuffing. I have created an amazing solution, let traders have shops, they can rent out machines to sell items and refill them at will, they should be able to close and open the shop at will also. People can sell stuff to the trader to get money, a small icon should come up in the traders window showing the price that the game would charge and pay for the item, or colection of items, the trader and other guy can agree on a price, if they do not the other guy can go somewhere else. to eliminate the chance that traders can team up and triple the price there will be a cap charging amount, like 10% over the normal price that the game would have set. The trader could also leave the shop open when he/she is logged off by seting the % of an items value for buying and selling, he/she could also have a doc or surgery clinic for implants. This set up would charge the trader quite a bit to eliminate traders from becoming all-powerful and there would still be computer generated shops. With this anyone can sell stuff they dont need to the trader and the trader can make a profit from it to make up for time not in a mission or hunting.

Max
    Last edited by Maxtor 1-7; Jan 3rd, 2002 at 16:42:15.

Re: inflation solution

Originally posted by Maxtor 1-7
    people have gone on and on about inflation, buying creds off ebay, even overbuffing. I have created an amazing solution, let traders have shops, they can rent out machines to sell items and refill them at will, they should be able to close and open the shop at will also. People can sell stuff to the trader to get money, a small icon should come up in the traders window showing the price that the game would charge and pay for the item, or colection of items, the trader and other guy can agree on a price, if they do not the other guy can go somewhere else. to eliminate the chance that traders can team up and triple the price there will be a cap charging amount, like 10% over the normal price that the game would have set. The trader could also leave the shop open when he/she is logged off by seting the % of an items value for buying and selling, he/she could also have a doc or surgery clinic for implants. This set up would charge the trader quite a bit to eliminate traders from becoming all-powerful and there would still be computer generated shops. With this anyone can sell stuff they dont need to the trader and the trader can make a profit from it to make up for time not in a mission or hunting.

Max
    I don't think this would solve the problem really. The inflation problem is because money is flowing into the economy from missions and found items, but never really leaves the economy due to the high shop prices. If the price of owning shops is high enough to offset this inflation, I don't think anyone would actually use it.

Exclamation

this would be a good idea for the traders. Traders could make a lot of cash of this, so it would give them an advantage

Yea. If there is one thing traders need, it is an advantage and ways to make money.
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

I love the idea of traders getting their own shops.. traders should be traders.. they should have an advantage where money is concerned.

but watch out... if you get your own shops those agents will be after having their own with their FP line

Originally posted by Trimus
    I love the idea of traders getting their own shops.. traders should be traders.. they should have an advantage where money is concerned.

but watch out... if you get your own shops those agents will be after having their own with their FP line
    Eh I'll let this one go. RP fine we get it, but what if someone spots us later and see's we're no longer an trader? They should pull the shop then. Seems like alot of work and coding for very little gain.

Alexion

A very vocal agent