Yes, it has been said before. It will be said again. SMG construction kits are still busted.

Ok, as a fixer, I have a long list of complaints, lets not go into them, let me just say however that a fixer's SMG is his livelihood if he doesn't have grid armor. Given that the aleph does energy and the Patiriot does fire, I desperately want to give these a try - at least so the weapon looks and sounds a little different from all the other fixers.

So, with my new fixer, I thought I'd get try some new smgs. So before I started him, I created an engineer, leveled them to 40, and tried constructing a few low level guns. Niether the Aleph or the Patriot or the Duke (which I did not find a construction manual for) were able to be constructed. I even tried to find another engineer to give it a try, just incase I was a moron about thier construction. However, in no way could he or I get the construction kit to work. The kit is still broken. It doesn't work, and it ticks me off that there is no way to get a different gun other than the mausser if you are a clanner (the aleph at least available in the stores for the omnis). Look, there is the slugger, but its not available at low levels, and the damage analysis done by many has shown that with the current damage/ac situation, it is near useless. I want is a different gun. I want some realistic method of getting it. As a mission reward I got a QL6 patriot (at 6th level) but I was using a QL9 mausser. I used the QL6 patriot regardless, as it at least looked and sounded different, and for the most part did comprable damage (though I know later it will not). Now, with implants, buffs and whatnot, I should be able to use a gun generally about 7QLs above my level. the problem is, there is no way that at my level I can run a mission like that, nor can I realistically know which levels have been seeded with SMGs for missions. At later levels, I'll be using maussers 30-40 QLs above my level, and I will never see these as mission rewards because I won't be able to do those missions. Effectively, the 'new' SMGs are yet another thing not available to the fixer profession.