Thread: Coordinates

Coordinates

Can we please get a hotkey to turn coords on our screen... or just put them somewhere perm... like in the map title bar or something... For instance it would say:

(+) 2200, (-) 2300

And depending on the direction your facing the + and - would change meaning the number will increase or decrease if you go forward...? Maybe even make the color change to so red means it will increase/decrease a lot and green means it will increase/decrease a little... with differnet shades of those colors like the target bar.... just a thought...

Help us out with finding coords... and i don't think most care about that third number at the end Pressing F9 is just way to much info...

my 2 cents...

Thumbs up

Oooh, I like that idea!

-Dezzie, 105 MA
    -Aikera, 84 soldier

map upgrade

good idea, it could perhaps come in the form of a map upgrade

Lightbulb ...

I personally feel this would not need to make an appearance at all if team members can actually mark beacons on the map , which will function like the mission beacons that we have now , allowing us to go to a specific location with ease . Players should also be able to /tell a beacon to a person if they are not in a team . However , the previous idea mentioned about having coords constantly displayed (and updated) is also useful regardless in situations .

Your coordinates should always be positive, anyway.

The way AO does them, the lower left corner of any playfield is the 0,0 point, and it increases only.

Originally posted by Tiran
    Your coordinates should always be positive, anyway.

The way AO does them, the lower left corner of any playfield is the 0,0 point, and it increases only.
    Well, I'm sure he ment that if you face a direction where your CORDS would get higher, the cords would have a + infront of it. If you were going BACK, (as in the cords would get lower) it would get a - infront of it.

Just so we can see what way we are going, coords-wise..
    Pfft!
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Holder of Spoon - Stirring the pot - Pumpkin' Pie anyone?
    >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF | >Thzunami - 97 MA | >Wo "Dioxy" Ha - 30 TRA | In memory of The Council

Jayde's Item Database - All you'll ever need - http://aodb.info

"BACK AWAY" - Pogobear / Skymarshal

Originally posted by Rhayden

Well, I'm sure he ment that if you face a direction where your CORDS would get higher, the cords would have a + infront of it. If you were going BACK, (as in the cords would get lower) it would get a - infront of it.

Just so we can see what way we are going, coords-wise..
    That is what I mean't if it did not come out right to some. Thanks

Re: ...

Originally posted by CowerFool
    I personally feel this would not need to make an appearance at all if team members can actually mark beacons on the map , which will function like the mission beacons that we have now , allowing us to go to a specific location with ease . Players should also be able to /tell a beacon to a person if they are not in a team . However , the previous idea mentioned about having coords constantly displayed (and updated) is also useful regardless in situations .
    Good idea. My idea was a command like /point x,y and a new line would appear in your compass and a point would appear in your map if you have a map for the area.

Maybe if you're part of a party, your compass will have a new line and a dot appears in your map for the exact spot where your leader is standing. So once you're in the correct zone, a new message will appear stating that your leader is in the area and information is loaded to your compas and map.