Thread: Engineer Bots?

Angry Engineer Bots?

I don't know if this strikes as odd, but if we are the master of building bots. Then why the heck, can't we build those neat T-60 driods (serpent ones) or maybee beetle bot? We should be able to build a driod for a certain circumstance and certain situation. The 4 to 5 models we have are boreing and extensively use until you can upgrade to a next different looking bot. At any chance, what about a tiny robotic bee that makes repairs ONLY on robots and not organic's.

We need some type of helper bot, those healing nanos are for craps.

-A sorta mad engy
    Last edited by Derkyle; Dec 19th, 2001 at 00:10:32.

check out all the different grafics on the meta-phys pets.

There ya go.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, you say? Very well, get out your pens, essay writers, and prepare to have your logic tested by steel!

Hmm true

That is true, they should increaes the different types of pets you get. Buy hey don't complain you got medinos now. :P

The pet heals that engy's have suck big time. First they absolutely make no sense RP wise. Now if there was a small tiny worker bee of some sorts. A tiny robot that we can create to fix our bots and only bots. That would make things more more rp style. Instead we get pet heals that (A) take up TO much nano (B) takes FOREVER to run the nano's and (C) half the time we forget that we even have those, and finally the most famous one of them all (D) Are freaking impossible to find, even in missions. If your lucky to get someone to sell it, you will pay a lot of credits for it.

I still think we should be able to create the T-60 bots and ninja driods. It would just make a lot more sense.

-Derk the moron engy

=)

I made a boo-boo, The rest still stands.

-bump

Bot heals

I have the first 4 bot heals, haven't been that much of a problem to find em I can say. I think you ppl hunt too much.. :P

The best xp is in hard missions, I don't think I've ever made a mission below 75% diff, and I've found lots of eng nanos, most aura ones up to ql 90 and all bot repair to ql 90.

But I agree on the helper bot (my name) for the bee
    Would be a nice addition.

// Enlil

Well , hy all , I am Lazia , lvl 70 engy at moment , playing the char die hard , so here is what i think of engy.

First of all , i most of the time summon my pet in the morning having a trader and Mp to buff me so i can use a very high QL one, like almost everybody else does. I use this very same bot for the next 8 to 12 hours, yes indeed i actually play that long.

Sad thing is , i think that heals for pets are bugged. They only work till ya loose connection with your pet for the first time. Dunno if this is totally correct , but i do know i get all kinds of errors halfway the day when trying to heal my pet.

Errors : Message area says i am casting , but no graphics , no movement , and no heal on pet.
    Or , i get msg pet is outa range(even when i just zoned with it).
    Or i get the msg i am unable to use the formulea , while i dhave plenty skill , and no i aint DEBUFFED.
    Or , i get msg my OWN bot is an invalid target.

Second thing i hate is , dunno if someone else found this out, but pets do not regenerate when they are damaged and ya zone.
    Could be this has same origine as problem with healing.

Third thing , when my droid strats to fight in a dungeon against a mob , he starts to hit very fast , but when mob is almost dead it seems he doesnt hit at all. I actually waited 10 minutes , just to see my bot slasg at mob without doing damage and the mob was nicely regenerating and hitting my pet everytime.SO something is very wrong there.

Then ya have the thing everyone single pet clas hates , deep water rooms , like the corner room , or one of those small rooms with deep water.Pets tend to get stuck there.

Then ya have the problem of higher lvl pets havingmajor diffs of getting trough doors. Please funcom its about getting time to check this out.

I like the idea of having a repair pet , a pet that can repair the droid.But i urge funcom if they take up this idea , they better make the pet small as a mole or something.At least , we are masters of droids , but how can i show that? just by walking around with one droid? Kamikaze pet is a step in teh right way , now i just hope its usefull.

Well said!

I would like to add, that many engy's feel this way. The bugs and problems that mysteria posted are real and present. Especially WHEN THERE is water in a mission. What a big arse pain. Anyways to show that it's not only be thinking of this idea. Here is another engy who posted recently with the same idea and concept.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...?threadid=4126

I still think we should be able to build some sort of Worker Bee bot that makes repairs on our bots. We are after all the master of driods. If that is the case, why can't we make repairing bots?

-Well said

-Derk

Heh

Someone mentioned massrelocation bots, what are these and are they implemented? Are these like helper bots?

the MRR or mass relocating robot is used for enhanceing certain melee weapons I am affraid

I would have to say that..."THANK GOD our pets don't look like floating testicles"

LOL!

LOL! Hahahaha you do know that MP's will most probally reply to this post in regards to your little, um comment hahaha. Still it's extremely hilarious.

I still want damn jelper bot of some sort, or healing bot!

-Derk

Post Heh

Since of course we never really got our Kamakazi bots I don't think any time in the near future we would get some sort of helper bot. Hey it was an idea worth looking at. Another thing the Mass relocationg bot, was a nice idea but it's utter useless. Oh well lets see what happens, if we could use kamakazi bots, together with our usual bots. That would be the ultimate thing. However I see on the MP's having that power. Now that they have a new 3rd pet. They are so extremely uber now. I mean really, they can heal themselves with one pet, smack the monster with the other, and by chance if there are others besides the one being smacked by the anger/chaos/whatever pet, the 3rd pet mezz's them all. Basically they are a self team. I'm not braging just telling yas what I see recently. However it would be nice if they could change the picture of the floating sacs, cause those get boreing after awhile.

-Derkyle

Bump

Bump Bump-idy bump
    -Derkyle Rubi-ka 1 Engineer

For the idiot gamer who cries about OE (Over Equipping), go play this instead:
    The game that does all the thinking for you! C'mhere idiot gamers! It's so easy even a moron can do it. Just run the game and THAT's it. It's like, "Set it and Forget it". You will gain levels instantly without you even paying attention!

Talking Forgot to add =D

I still think we should be able to build some sort of Worker Bee bot that makes repairs on our bots. We are after all the master of driods. If that is the case, why can't we make repairing bots?

Just quoteing myself, I still think the tiny worker bee bot would be a great addition. Especially since our bots get smacked a lot, and healing nano's take up to much time, and nano to use.

-Nuff said
    -Derkyle Rubi-ka 1 Engineer

For the idiot gamer who cries about OE (Over Equipping), go play this instead:
    The game that does all the thinking for you! C'mhere idiot gamers! It's so easy even a moron can do it. Just run the game and THAT's it. It's like, "Set it and Forget it". You will gain levels instantly without you even paying attention!

Wink

Originally posted by Misteria
    ... Errors : Message area says i am casting , but no graphics , no movement , and no heal on pet.
    Or , i get msg pet is outa range(even when i just zoned with it).
    Or i get the msg i am unable to use the formulea , while i dhave plenty skill , and no i aint DEBUFFED.
    Or , i get msg my OWN bot is an invalid target.
    most of the time a quick /pet follow and then /pet attack fixes that for me ... not 100% of the time but let's say 80% ... ,)

Originally posted by Misteria
    Third thing , when my droid strats to fight in a dungeon against a mob , he starts to hit very fast , but when mob is almost dead it seems he doesnt hit at all. I actually waited 10 minutes , just to see my bot slasg at mob without doing damage and the mob was nicely regenerating and hitting my pet everytime.SO something is very wrong there.
    Then ya have the problem of higher lvl pets havingmajor diffs of getting trough doors. ...
    pressin 'u' (skills) like a madman fixes that problem for me too ... i still think it's some kind of sync problem ....
    tradeskillz ?