Thread: Try to figure this out. I can't advance without it being fixed

Try to figure this out. I can't advance without it being fixed

Please someone who can help, look at the link below complete with screen shots of what is happening to my IP and skill points.

I gain IP when I spend it on some skills, and on others it spends normal. Some skills when raised do not save when i hit accept, and some do. How much IP do I have? Where's the IP gone from the skills I've raised, and it hasn't saved when accepted?

I can not raise any skills till this is fixxed due to the fact that if I raise a skill it may just waste my hard earned IP.

Please Please help me?!?! I've petitioned 3 times, and 3 ARK's do not know. They have escalated the problem, however I have not heard from a GM as of yet.

thank you

here's the link

http://members.tripod.com/k922/ao/help.html

Now that's a bug. The only thing i woudl do is send in an ingame bug report with the link to your visual progression
    -----
    "NT's can't over equip armor beyond implants and general buffs (no insane Intelligence or Psychic buffs) and can't overequip weapons since they use direct-damage, damage-over-time and nanoformula methods that require your actually stats and buffs to be active for you to use them. Don't complain about us being powerful when you obviously haven't even played one past level 100. NT's - the original red-headed stepchild of Anarchy Online." - Zaal

Its happened to me too, but not as drastically as I've heard its done to other people.

I think its attributed to the fact that all your skills rely on those 6 base abilities (stam/str/agil/intel/sense/psy).

It used to be if you tried rasing a skill and your ability was too low you'd be unable to raise the skill further. Somewhere along the line, I think that got bugged. I've lost up to as much as 5 points in a skill before. Sometimes I gain the spent IP back, sometimes I don't. So I'll think ok, maybe I need to raise one of my abilities, before raising the skill.

This happened to me yesterday. I raised Matter creation to 305. I'm a soldier so my intel is really low (150). Well today, I tried casting MK 4 and I couldn't for I'd lost a point in Matter Creation. I did not gain back the lost IP for this one point. I haven't lvl'd since so I can't raise intel, and I really don't want to try raising anymore nano skills without raising intel again, because I don't want to chance losing anymore IP.

Its very upsetting if it happens and more then a few skill points are lost. I believe I read somewhere that a couple people ended up losing an entire lvl's worth of IP. The fact that it hasn't been looked into by Funcom is just ridiculous.

-Dezzie, 105 MA
    -Aikera, 85 soldier

Well I tried a few more things tonight to fix this problem.

This time I went all out and did the last thing I could think would possibly fix this problem from a user stand point.

I made a new install of AO. Not only a new install but on a different computer, on the other side of town, using a different internet connect, and totaly different hardware etc.. etc..

Nope, not my fault. It still does the same of garbage. Spend IP, Loose IP, Spend IP, Gain IP, Accept changes, Skills don't save, IP gone.

what's a fella supposed to do here funcom?

Heya yeah, I just sent this mail to funcom 4 days ago. NO answer yet, and when I petition about it, they just delete the petition, or tell me to send mail to bugs@anarchy-online.com .. (this is going on 5th day without a reply)..

--
    This is the 2nd time I can't use a nanoskill, cuz my nano skill-points drop. My body.dev used to be 201, now it's 199. It's small numbers, but it's irritating enough when I cannot use nanos, I've used for a long time.
    Please, fix this. I have no other place to go with this, since petitioning don't give me nothing.
    --

FC is just a bunch of incompitent *******s in my oppinion.
    Pfft!
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Holder of Spoon - Stirring the pot - Pumpkin' Pie anyone?
    >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF | >Thzunami - 97 MA | >Wo "Dioxy" Ha - 30 TRA | In memory of The Council

Jayde's Item Database - All you'll ever need - http://aodb.info

"BACK AWAY" - Pogobear / Skymarshal