Thread: Proposed solutions for leftover root nanos

Post Proposed solutions for leftover root nanos

It seems like every profession now has some sort of root nano, whether it's "enforced rest break", "brief interrogation" or "pose for a nudie picture" for the planned "Photographer" profession due in patch 15.9.

The problem is that they NPCs seem to love to cast these nanos right before they die. Then we stand there paralyzed for a minute or two twiddling our thumbs while we wait for the root to wear off. This is REALLY boooooring, and adds nothing whatsoever to game play.

If I'm missing an obvious solution to the problem, please clue me in, because as far as I know I have no choice but to wait it out and maybe use 1 or 2 first aid kits while I wait.

So if there's no simple answer, here are my proposed solutions for any upcoming patch, in order of my preference:

1. Create a "cancel root" nano for all professions. It must be usable against at least orange-level NPC roots. In other words, you may have to get better "cancel root" nanos as you advance, but you should be able to get one that works against all the orange NPCs you fight. This is an important point, because it seems like NPCs cast nanos WAY above their level. So if you create "cancel root" nanos that are equivalent to root nanos of you're likely to get at your own level, they'll never work against the root nanos that NPCs use in missions.

2. Change the first aid kits and nano recharge kits (or whatever they're called) so that using one doesn't make you wait to use the other. Then make the wait time between usage as short as the wait time for treatment kits -- I think that's 15 seconds or something like that. You may have to cut the HP restoration in half to prevent this change from creating a huge imbalance in game play, but if you dropped the price of the kits it would be worth it. I'm not crazy about this solution, but it's an alternative to the one above.

3. Give root nanos to only a couple of professions and get rid of the rest. That way the chances of getting rooted just before an NPC dies is much less, unless you happen to get a mission filled with agents, assassins, etc.

If anyone has any better suggestions, fire away. I hope Funcom gets the hint and fixes this minor but very boring/annoying problem.

Lightbulb here's an idea

when the mob (mob only not player) roots a player and dies and the player isn't beeing attacked for 15 seconds the root breacks... if the player is under attack from another mob the root has to run its corse.. if the second mob dies the 15 sec timer starts again and after 15 seconds the root is gone.

This works only for mob roots, if you pvp get rooted and then caster dies you stay rooted there for as long as the root lasts.

Maybe...

...but I noticed that it works just the opposite right now. If I'm rooted after a MOB dies and another MOB attacks me, that new MOB sometimes cancels the root. I have no idea why this happens, but I noticed it does. But if I'm not attacked, then I ALWAYS have to wait it out.

Lightbulb ...

A person made an excellent suggestion on another thread that are is related to this topic as well that the general "break-root" nanoformula(s) should be "cannot be in combat" , like treatment kits .

In addition , there could be a % chance to work for the break-root nanoformula , perhaps starting from 25% all the way to 100% .

While we're on the subject

While we're talking about roots, here's something that just makes no sense to me.

Mobs root us so we can't run away.

We root mobs so they can't run towards us.

Mobs attack us while we're rooted.. and keep attacking us, and the root doesn't break until the time is up. (or until our nano resist decides to kick in)

We attack rooted mobs and within a matter of seconds (regardless of root duration) the root can and WILL break.

Why doesn't the root on us break when a mob attacks us?

When a mob casts a root on us, why doesn't the root cancel when the mob dies? The mob cast it, therefore the root is using the mob's ncu. When the mob dies, all running nanos should be cancelled. I mean, that happens to us when we die. This way when I'm hit with a root, and there are no other mobs around to attack me, I'm not stuck standing there for 2-12 minutes with nothing to do but twiddle my thumbs.

It only makes sense.

-Dezzie, 105 MA
    -Aikera, 85 soldier