Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is using the /terminate command to stop yourself from leveling "exploting"?

The biggest problem is that every employee at Funcom looks at things differently, and some take it to the extreme. A LONG while back, someone on the agentsector boards said that Funcom had said that mission camping was an exploit. The fact is, I wouldn't be surprised if they did. Whereas, I bet other employees have said the exact opposite..

Sooo, you have to deal with Arks and GMs and even developers that have conflicting opinions and it just depends on who you get. I've known guys to /petition to get an answer on something and then take screen captures of the response for future reference to cover their butts. That way, if an ark jumps their case later, they can show them the screenshots where they were told that their behavior was ok..

I doubt anyone at Funcom agrees on anything any more than we do Without written, specific examples of violations, it's all open to interpretation..

So that /term or die isn't a practical why to stop you from lvling, and to not hemper a normal player that much.
    I thought it was bad that someone even had to ask this. Now I realize its much worse, there are people who think that the entire gaming population should be punished just to stop it.

Ok, so death is a practical way to stop yourself from lvling --- WHAT IS THE FRIGGIN PROBLEM WITH THAT??? When have you ever been playing and had your game ruined by someone terminating to lose xp?

"Shoot, if only they hadn't terminated! This is ruining my game!" <--- You've never said that / heard anyone say that, ya know why? It doesn't matter. Quit being so anal.

I used to get 3 missions for cash, and after they were done I would /terminate just so I wouldn't have to spend 20 minutes running back to town. It would be very un-RP of me to not use instantaneous travel, even if it means killing myself. As they said before, Death is Only an Inconvenience... maybe sometimes its also a Convenience.

I wonder if an official reply if forthcoming on this?

Originally posted by Dropcid
    I wonder if an official reply if forthcoming on this?
    I think that *most* people have already answered the question

NO
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123