Thread: Potential Change to Nano Casting

Potential Change to Nano Casting

One thing I noticed about using nano programs is the fact that your nano pool is used before the program gets going. I don't know about the rest of you, but I like the idea of the nano cost only be applied when the nano is complete. I don't know how many times I have started to use the wrong nano and moved to stop it and still get penalized for cost of the nano for that error. Also, from a gameplay point of view, I sure wouldn't send my nanobots to attack or to heal someone without a full set of instructions, ie when the program has been completed. I think this would be a minor change that would help ALL professions, so what do you guys think?

My thoughts on the matter are to make it use nano at a constant rate during the cast. Then change fumbles to happen at a random time during the cast.

Fumble in the middle would mean 50% nano lost. Rather than the 100% we get now. Plus the casting time would be that much less.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, you say? Very well, get out your pens, essay writers, and prepare to have your logic tested by steel!